Removed features in version 14.0

SphinxRa40 wrote on 9/23/2016, 12:03 PM

Ok, this thread is not to bash VP14 (for once), but for me i find out for instance that AC3-Pro is gone from VP14 and DVDA,

(new and old) customers should know this, are there more things what's been removed (besides the old extension subject)?

So this thread will inform us all

Comments

FireStorm wrote on 9/23/2016, 1:02 PM

Wow, it is gone!  I just started using that codec in 13 and found it very valuable.  Does anyone know why it has been removed and will it come back?  I hope so.  (I have installed DVD Architect and it's stil not there)

FYI:  Installing the Vegas Pro 14 Suite has seemed to also removed the AC-3 Pro plugin from my Vegas Pro 13 install!  Now I can't get it back at all. 😕

NickHope wrote on 9/23/2016, 1:05 PM
  • Offline activation
  • GPU-accelerated AVC rendering (now in internal preferences and possibly not working as well)
  • Support for 3rd party extensions that were compiled with the old namespace

vtxrocketeer wrote on 9/23/2016, 3:35 PM

Ok, this thread is not to bash VP14 (for once), but for me i find out for instance that AC3-Pro is gone from VP14 and DVDA,

Yikes, really?  No AC3-Pro could be a deal-breaker for me.  For my long concert projects on DVD, I've had to rely on that codec to make everything fit.  

SphinxRa40 wrote on 9/24/2016, 5:44 AM

Yes ..sadly real, that was for me the last thing i had to read and find out to remove VP14 from my system

VidMus wrote on 9/24/2016, 11:24 AM

I just checked. Dolby Digital AC-3 Pro is still there in Vegas 13 but gone in Vegas 14. I am running the trial version of Vegas 14 so maybe it is gone because it is a trial version? 

SphinxRa40 wrote on 9/24/2016, 1:11 PM

I just checked. Dolby Digital AC-3 Pro is still there in Vegas 13 but gone in Vegas 14. I am running the trial version of Vegas 14 so maybe it is gone because it is a trial version? 

Could be yes, but i doubt it, if someone have bought Pro or suit, please enlighten us

Wolfgang S. wrote on 9/24/2016, 6:16 PM

The AC3 Pro encoder is not in the Pro14 or Pro14 suite.

andyrpsmith wrote on 9/24/2016, 6:30 PM

Does it make a huge difference?

FireStorm wrote on 9/24/2016, 6:56 PM

Does it make a huge difference?

Yes, it does.  Not only does it not require re-encoding in DVD Architect, it allows you to tap into all the options within the codec, like how much the end-user is allowed to compress the audio track while watching thier DVD/Blu-Ray, as well as a plethora of other features.  I don't know if it's a 'deal breaker' for using Vegas but I could see it being close for people who regularily export to DVD Architect.

FireStorm wrote on 9/24/2016, 11:39 PM

The RealMedia codec is also missing.  It's probably related to licensing as well.

NickHope wrote on 9/25/2016, 11:41 AM

The RealMedia codec is also missing.  It's probably related to licensing as well.

I have VP10, 12, 13 & 14 on the same PC. I see the RealMedia codec in VP10, but not in 12 or 13. I can't say whether it was there in 12 & 13 before I installed 14 because I have never used it or looked for it. Which versions have you seen it in FireStorm?

vkmast wrote on 9/25/2016, 11:56 AM

I see  RealMedia 9 in VP11, not in 12 or 13. No VP 14 installed.

FireStorm wrote on 9/25/2016, 4:42 PM

Oh yes, you are correct.  I saw RM on my Vegas Studio 11 installation and just assumed it was in Vegas Pro 13.

Laurence wrote on 9/25/2016, 7:03 PM

Just to be clear, AC3 was always added to V13 and below when you installed DVD Architect and was never enabled in any sort of demo version because of licensing.  Are you sure it's not exactly the same as it always was and that you just hadn't noticed this before?

NickHope wrote on 9/26/2016, 4:52 AM

Just to be clear, AC3 was always added to V13 and below when you installed DVD Architect and was never enabled in any sort of demo version because of licensing.  Are you sure it's not exactly the same as it always was and that you just hadn't noticed this before?

Sounds hopeful but unfortunately this comment says he has registered VP14 and MAGIX DVDA 7 and the AC3-Pro codec is gone :(

clive.gardner wrote on 9/26/2016, 5:38 AM

I can confirm my licensed/registered copy of DVDA7 is missing the AC3-Pro codec.

_litz wrote on 9/26/2016, 11:18 AM

Moreover, if you want to create a BluRay, not a DVD, you have to have AC3 Pro ...

DVDA will always re-encode your audio otherwise.

R0cky wrote on 9/26/2016, 6:25 PM

Is there a 3rd party *.ac3 encoder that will work in vegas?

This is a deal breaker for me.    I do surround sound and blurays.

FireStorm wrote on 9/27/2016, 10:32 AM

I don't know if it's compatible with Vegas, but someone on another thread just posted this app here: https://github.com/wieslawsoltes/wavtoac3encoder  It looks pretty solid but I haven't tried it out yet.

Of course, if you haven't heard yet, you can try your luck at the "copy and paste" hack that users are trying here: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/ac3-pro-render-missing-in-vp14--103633/?page=1

It allows Vegas 14 to use the AC3 Pro codec.

clive.gardner wrote on 9/27/2016, 5:37 PM

Problem with these third party AC3 encoders is not only are they not validated, the licensing position on using them is at best unclear. Yes, they'll work for the most part, but they're certainly not a viable option to the previously bundled plugin, especially for those creating commercial releases. I really dont want to give Magix a get out on this one.