some of my project files aren't opening and...

sRecollet wrote on 5/25/2023, 2:47 PM

Hi. So been using Vegas forever. Haven't done any editing in a few weeks and pretty sure haven't touched anything but one of my .veg's won't open, well a few of them but really need this one. Now I have two PC's setup side by side as I got one strictly for gaming and video editing which is where I was working on my last project. But when I open up one of my .veg files that I havent opened in awhile, it just shuts down. Even now that I got a newer version. So on my other PC I still had Vegas and upgraded Vegas to my newer PC so they're the same version. But my older PC will open and not my newer one. And everything is the same. Also I used to be able to open two separate programs, like id copy the vegas.exe or whatever then re-name and put in same folder. I do this because I have one .veg with a bunch of cropped clips from bigger files which took me forever then I had 2nd Vegas window for my final product. So I would go thru my clips, copy, then paste it on other window. Love it that way, but now it seems I can't even do that. If I can't figure this out then I'm gonna have to render all the ones on my clips .veg to a video then just transfer to to my new PC. But I don't wanna do that 'cause it's literally over 1HR long with probably over 1000 cut clips, and I always get paranoid about to much conversions for slight quality loss, yea I know. Sorry for lengthy post. Can anyone help? Oh ya, Im on Vegas 20 and have builds .370 and .403. I think i was using .139 is it before? Just never had this happen before with .veg project files.

Oh ya, is there a way to see which build was used on whatever .veg files? Probably not huh.

Comments

vkmast wrote on 5/25/2023, 3:04 PM

If you haven't visited the forum for a while, you may not be aware of this post?

Quote: "***Important: there was an unexpected conflict that causes all builds of VEGAS Pro 20 earlier than build 403 to fail at startup. We've already fixed this for VEGAS Pro 20 and you should download and install build 403. ***"

@sRecollet

sRecollet wrote on 5/25/2023, 3:20 PM

No, I know about that problem. Got past that. I can get Vegas open no problem but it's just a couple .veg's. All my other ones work fine. The few that don't work it shows it loading for like up to 10% then just shuts down. And this is an older .veg from months ago and still won't work on the newer Vegas build. I know like newer .veg's won't work on older VEGAS builds and vice versa but not the issue.

andyrpsmith wrote on 5/26/2023, 3:33 AM

I'm having no issues with V20(403) opening older Veg back to 2018. Looks like you may have something in the older veg files that is not supported or available to V20. Do you use third party FX applications, stabilization ect.