Text window in vegas 14/15 still not working great for subtitles...

marcel-vossen wrote on 9/19/2017, 4:53 AM

Hi there,

I've just installed the new Vegas 15 and I would like to ask if 2 things are possible and if not, if you could add them to the list of features for the next version because they are very important for people who work a lot with subtitles:

1. In the text window it doesn't seem possible to drag the window larger so all the text for a subtitle is visible at once. You can drag the total window bigger, but the part where the text is remains a certain size (which is way too small, as you can see in my attachment)

2. As you can also see in my screenshot, the cursor in this new version is hardly visible because it is almost the same color as the background of the text window, can I change this color somewhere?

My screenshot:  https://ibb.co/gqdxdk

Marcel

Comments

maraujo wrote on 10/31/2017, 9:36 PM

Hi, did you solve the problem? It´s impossible to work in a cropped window! I really need a help! Please.

NickHope wrote on 11/1/2017, 12:48 AM

Hi, did you solve the problem? It´s impossible to work in a cropped window! I really need a help! Please.

@maraujo Your problem is totally different to the one in the first post. You seem to have the issue discussed in these posts:

So it looks like you either have to download the MS Sans Serif font, or(and?) make the registry fix described in the last post of the last link.

Please tell us if that resolves your problem.

vkmast wrote on 11/1/2017, 4:09 AM

Yet another thread https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/1018940 (with a link in the last but one post).

Read carefully the threads Nick linked. The solutions seem to/ may have been only slightly different

marcel-vossen wrote on 11/1/2017, 5:19 AM

Hi,

The cursor issue seems to have been resolved in the latest update, and for the cropped window I am using another text editor at the moment that works better, but as Nick stated I think your problem is different, since it looks like the other editor I am currently using, that one works fine on my computer.

Marcel

maraujo wrote on 11/1/2017, 8:07 AM

Hi everyone. I solved the bug just installing sserif.fon, as you have recommended. Thanks a lot!

Jaslan wrote on 12/14/2018, 7:29 PM

I have this problem (with the fx window being cut off) also. I am on Windows 10 with all updates, Vegas Pro Edit 15 build 416. I checked the MS San Serif font in the registry and the C:\Windows\Fonts folder and in both locations it refers to "micross.ttf" and not "sserif.fon" Not sure what to do now. I have clicked and read (I think) all the threads and links about this issue. Any help is appreciated.

I also tried the VP16 Trial and it does the same thing. I am not sure it has to do with fonts. The whole fx GUI editing window is cut halfway off. The text that does appear seems to be fine.

OK. I got it working. For any who see this problem... It appears the "true type" sans serif font is the only one in the base windows installation. My guess is that this font needed is an older style, non-true type font. I just googled "MS Sans Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24" and downloaded the font file from a website. Then double click the .fon file in windows and it will show you samples and have a button in the window to "install".