VEGAS DVD Architect Update 2 (build 67)

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 6/28/2017, 8:49 AM

Dear community,

We are happy to announce the second update for DVD Architect.

You can download the build 67 now at: http://rdir.magix.net/?page=8MB9DLAEMS9Q

Here are the patch notes for this update:

Improvement

• Added Polish language support

Bug fixes

• Properly imports files received from the VEGAS Movie Studio Make Movie wizard when you choose to burn a disc with menus
  • 5.1 Blu-ray discs authored by DVD Architect now play correctly in external players

Best regards,
Mathias

Comments

dpaterson wrote on 7/2/2017, 5:36 AM

"5.1 Blu-ray discs authored by DVD Architect now play correctly in external players"

Perhaps true (although I've not tested it). But there is STILL an issue when previewing the .ac3 audio in DVDA7 i.e. the audio is panned right unless the Dolby Pro encoder is used in VP14. See my post here: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/ac3-pro-render-missing-in-vp14--103633/#ca663430

The solution is SOOO simple and yet you will not "budge" on the issue!!!

Dale.

roshi-s wrote on 8/13/2017, 2:56 AM

Mathias - I just downloaded this version of DVD Architect but my Sony Vegas 14 Platinum is still say "DVD Architect does not appear to be installed". Please help urgently. Thank you.

Roshi

Paul-Fierlinger wrote on 8/13/2017, 11:17 AM

I am still using Sony Vegas DVD architect 6.07. How can I convert this to the current Magix upgrade assuming that it's free for me since I have the Sony product number?

vkmast wrote on 8/13/2017, 12:36 PM

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/upgrading-dvda6-to-dvda7--107166/#ca663471

Is there a reason to upgrade? I don't think it's free and many of us seem to still be rather using DVD A Pro 5.2 anyway, the download link from here if you have the S/N.

Paul-Fierlinger wrote on 8/13/2017, 3:52 PM

Thank you, vkmast

You are correct, an upgrade is not important to me since I rarely have a need to burn a DVD disk anymore. A single request just came up now and since I had received my DVDA through a Sony Vegas bundle I was perhaps naively assuming I was eligible for an automatic upgrade since I had already paid the full price of a MAGIX 14 upgrade. Now it's dawning on me that those times are long behind us and I can just stick with my Sony DVDA 6 and not even bother to pursue this matter further. Heck, I might just turn down that odd request.

vkmast wrote on 8/13/2017, 4:17 PM

@Paul, if you bought MVPro 14 (not Pro Edit), did you not get DVD A 7 with it?

Paul-Fierlinger wrote on 8/13/2017, 4:54 PM

I just bought the initial update soon after the Sony to MAGIX switch -- nothing in boxes; just straight ahead, paid for online upgrade from 13 to 14 download.

vkmast wrote on 8/13/2017, 5:19 PM

Are you sure that it did not include DVD A 7 then as well? Did you check your confirmation email for a download link? Maybe contact support anyway to check if you actually were eligible?

edit: See the very relevant point in Cornico's comment on your Magix Account / My Products below.

Paul-Fierlinger wrote on 8/13/2017, 7:02 PM

Thank you so much, Cornico and vkmast for the help. I indeed found the MAGIX Confirmation of Payment, downloaded DVDA 7 and have it running. At first glance it looks pretty much the same as Sony DVDA 6 so I should have little trouble getting started after such a long hiatus.

Kit-As-Was wrote on 8/19/2017, 12:48 AM

What are the differences between DVDA 6 and 7? I seem to remember reading that the only difference (apart from branding) was the loss of the Dolby Pro encoder making v7 less usable than v6? Thanks

JJKizak wrote on 8/22/2017, 6:52 PM

So it's true (I verified) that if you have Vegas Pro Edit you don't get the DVD-A7 for free. So I assume the difference between "Edit" and "Plain Pro" is the price of DVD-A7.

JJK

gerdagerd wrote on 8/29/2017, 4:01 AM

sadly, dual video tracks still dont work in bluray mode. can not compile a disk with any 2 videos on any PC. This is a known issue and my bluray project is now on halt for over a year. come on guys!

_litz wrote on 8/30/2017, 2:01 PM

I have found DVD Architect 7.0 essentially useless.

I have multiple projects created in 6.0 that use AVCHD video.

DVD Architect 7.0 will open none of them. Freezes on "opening media files", and never completes the opening.

I've also been unable to get any response to support tickets asking for help.

Not happy.

dennis-lachance wrote on 9/6/2017, 2:19 PM

I have managed to compile and render (to .ISO disc files) 3 successful BluRay projects using DVDArch 7 Bld 67. I imported the HD video files directly from HDD into the authoring app, without going thru Vegas MS 14 first, since I needed chapter menus, and VMS14 still gives me the "DVDA not installed" error when trying to go straight from the Editor into the Authoring programs. I have a Dell i7 laptop running Windows 10. The only workaround I know is to use VMS14 to create and render your DVD or BD video streams, then close the editor, open DVDArch 7 and import your finished videos into the authoring app for final disc burning. It works like a charm for me, as long as you (1) have the right hardware setup and (2) know how to navigate DVDA7, which isn't very intuitive to use and has a steep learning curve.

gerdagerd wrote on 9/25/2017, 4:05 AM

PLEASE fix the ANGLES issue. My Blu-Ray Project is on halt for almost a year now because of this ridiculous issue.

RS4425 wrote on 10/9/2017, 10:48 PM

Just downloaded Movie Studio 14 Platinum. Tried to "activate" using s/n. The box isn't highlighted. Does not allow me to activate . Activation box doesn't work (not highlighted) Unable to activate DVD Architect .

mateuszszar wrote on 10/31/2017, 7:28 PM

When new version DVD Architect? Or new build? Without problem over 21Mbps AVC stream (bufor problem)? BluRay popup menu?

Norbert wrote on 1/15/2018, 10:29 AM

Is it normal that it barely uses the power of the CPU ang GPU while it renders??? It takes forever and I have a very powerful PC.

dallas-bowden wrote on 1/20/2018, 10:56 AM

5.1 Audio projects rendered in Vegas 15 build 261 do not have any audio in the Rear or LFE channels when I bring in the 5.1 .ac3 file into Architect. Vegas had this problem in v14, but it was fixed in one of their patches. Is the problem back in Vegas or is it that Architect will not render it properly. Back when I reported the issue in Vegas in v14, one of the suggestions until they could fix it was to render to a 5.1 Wav file. But when I try to load a 5.1 wave file into Architect, it won't accept it as a valid type.

And another thing. I can't customize any of the Dolby Digital AC3 templates. Is anyone else able to open the Templates?

Marco. wrote on 1/20/2018, 11:22 AM

Is your problem with 5.1 AC3 in DVDA a preview/prelistening problem or is it a problem with the resulting DVD/Blu-ray disc files?

vkmast wrote on 1/20/2018, 11:38 AM

The Magix versions do not include the customizable AC3 Pro.

enrique-c wrote on 4/19/2022, 1:52 AM

The Magix versions do not include the customizable AC3 Pro.

Thanks for the information sir
I know it is late to reply but i really was searching for details about Magix version

vkmast wrote on 4/19/2022, 2:34 AM

@enrique-c VEGAS DVD Architect 7 has been discontinued August 2020 and it is not available from MAGIX any more.

Besides what's mentioned in your quote, not much was changed after the Sony DVD Architect Pro 5.2/6.0. (See earlier comments in this thread.)

NickHope wrote on 7/7/2022, 1:18 AM

Closing this now. If you have questions about DVD Architect, please post them in the DVD Architect forum.