Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0

mandal-sahin wrote on 9/21/2022, 3:36 AM

Hello! I have a problem and I want you to help me. For several years I have had the program Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 I want to install the same program on my laptop. I did everything right, I saved the file on my laptop, but when I tried to install it on my laptop it didn't work. At the end of the installation came the text...download was corrupted

Comments

EricLNZ wrote on 9/21/2022, 4:17 AM

Did you download a fresh copy of VMS Studio HD Platinum 11 from either Sony Creative Software or Magix?

mandal-sahin wrote on 9/21/2022, 4:54 AM

Hello Thanks for the help, the response. This is the address from which I tried to install the program.

Servicecenter (vegascreativesoftware.com)

EricLNZ wrote on 9/21/2022, 6:09 AM

Try downloading again.

Jack S wrote on 9/21/2022, 9:24 AM

@mandal-sahin Your account details will have been transferred from SCS to Magix. Go to the Magix website and log in to your account. Select My Products and your MSP11 should be listed. Select 'Installation program' which will allow you to download the installation file. The rest you should know.

My system
Dell XPS 8700 (I know, it's a little outdated)
Windows 10 Home (x64)
3.1 GHz Intel Core i5-4440
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti display adapter
System drive Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB

Camcorder
SONY Handycam HDR-XR550VE

vkmast wrote on 9/21/2022, 11:35 AM

It's possible that your MAGIX account > My products does not show your Sony/SCS software. If that should happen to the case, try and find your old login details and go to sonycreativesoftware.com and there through My Account to My Software. There you should find your serial number and the download link. But if you know your serial number, you can go straight to Magix Download Center.

It may be that this applies: "Older versions than 14.0 are licensed under a system (as previously used by Sony) which permits use on multiple computers by one user; after an unspecified number of installations on different or updated PCs you may need to contact support to reset your installation count." In that case try Online Live Chat, advice here.

mandal-sahin wrote on 9/22/2022, 3:49 AM

On this website I have all the information, serial number and more. I can save the file on the laptop, but when I want to install the program on the laptop, it starts to install and at the end I get a message that the program is damaged...download was corrupted https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/ca/support/service-center/

mandal-sahin wrote on 9/22/2022, 4:07 AM

@mandal-sahin Your account details will have been transferred from SCS to Magix. Go to the Magix website and log in to your account. Select My Products and your MSP11 should be listed. Select 'Installation program' which will allow you to download the installation file. The rest you should know.

On this website I have all the information, serial number and more. I can save the file on the laptop, but when I want to install the program on the laptop, it starts to install and at the end I get a message that the program is damaged...download was corrupted https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/ca/support/service-center/

EricLNZ wrote on 9/22/2022, 4:54 AM

Have you tried downloading again?