VEGAS Pro 15 Update 6 (build 384) - General Discussion

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 7/16/2018, 9:02 AM

VEGAS Pro 15 Update 6 (build 384) has been released. Please give us your feedback in this thread. We want to keep you informed about as much as we can and have your feedback, even though this is not a big update.

If you already have build 384 or earlier installed, there is no need to uninstall it. The build 384 will overwrite your installation and retain your settings. Your computer will need to be online for activation after the update.

If you are installing VEGAS Pro 15 for the first time, it is generally better to install using a VEGAS Pro download manager. See here for details & links.

Official announcement with Patch Notes

VEGAS Pro 15 (build 384) installer

Previous general discussion thread

Comments

Marty74 wrote on 7/16/2018, 6:35 PM

Hi ! I didn't get a notification in Vegas about the 384 build, when i check if there is an update, it tells that there is no update available (i was on the 361 build). is this "normal" ? thanks :).

dream wrote on 7/17/2018, 3:34 AM

Changes

Changed Wording MAGIX ProRes to MAGIX Intermediate Codec

Fixed the installation of a file which helps direct media to be read by the correct plugins

Korean localization fixes

only three change that no one needs man please read peoples thread that they want you to fix and give features.

waiting for vp16 (please don't disappoint me).

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 7/17/2018, 8:52 AM

@Marty74 I will look into this!

@dream Don't worry, we are reading the threads. Still these changes were needed and we want to be thorough.

PS: Our Korean users are definitely not "no one". 😋

AVsupport wrote on 7/17/2018, 5:34 PM

Always happy to receive another free update, thanks! Just interesting to see how its taken 23 builds to fix those 3 things. Unfortunately this makes me sceptical that we will not see any other significant improvement before the next paid upgrade launch. Let's hope our Korean colleagues enjoy this much anticipated release!

my current Win10/64 system (latest drivers, water cooled) :

Intel Coffee Lake i5 Hexacore (unlocked, but not overclocked) 4.0 GHz on Z370 chipset board,

32GB (4x8GB Corsair Dual Channel DDR4-2133) XMP-3000 RAM,

Intel 600series 512GB M.2 SSD system drive running Win10/64 home automatic driver updates,

Crucial BX500 1TB EDIT 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD

2x 4TB 7200RPM NAS HGST data drive,

Intel HD630 iGPU - currently disabled in Bios,

nVidia GTX1060 6GB, always on latest [creator] drivers. nVidia HW acceleration enabled.

main screen 4K/50p 1ms scaled @175%, second screen 1920x1080/50p 1ms.

fifonik wrote on 7/17/2018, 6:10 PM

I have also expected to see some VP15 bug fixes in this build.

Camcorder: Panasonic X1500 + Panasonic X920 + GoPro Hero 11 Black

Desktop: MB: MSI B450M MORTAR TITANIUM, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700X, RAM: G'Skill 16 GB DDR4@3200, Graphics card: MSI RX6600 8GB, SSD: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB (NVMe, OS), Samsung 870 Evo, HDD WD 4TB, HDD Toshiba 4TB, OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2

NLE: Vegas Pro [Edit] 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18, 19

Cielspacing wrote on 7/17/2018, 11:24 PM

Personally, in general I'd rather receive frequent incremental small updates, rather than sparse big ones. That is preference.
What is a fact, is that the last previous upgrades finally achieved two crucial tasks. First, they finally focused VEGAS development in terms of acknowledging the varying relation of different GPUs, hardware and VEGAS optimization with various codecs and required specs, therefore issues and better performance have been allocated with much precision.
Secondly, VEGAS stability has reached a new level, only found several generations ago, has to be said when the demands from formats, cameras, resolutions, etc. was much simpler.

Having that in mind, plus the obvious benefit from a rather increasingly supportive community together with a responsive developer's team, I'd say that a positive vibe could be felt here mostly in seasoned forum users, hoping for a much brighter future than has been in the past decade.

///EDIT:Plus I'm curious what is the effect of "Fixed the installation of a file which helps direct media to be read by the correct plugins" on real usage cases, anyone?
It would be great if it solves reported issues with specific plugins/configurations.

Komaryt wrote on 7/18/2018, 7:09 AM

XML still don't work well.
DaVinci still cannot read any clips from XML which was exported from V15 and I still need to pay for Premiere only for exporting XML into DaVinci.
Velocity still don't export into XML because when I import it into premiere I don't have any time remapping.
LUTs are still bad in V15. They looks so much different than in other software like DaVinci.

Wolfgang S. wrote on 7/18/2018, 7:18 AM

What do you mean by LUTs look bad?

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti * Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED (ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED (i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE, 32 GB Ram. Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB) with internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor. Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG, Atomos Sumo

Komaryt wrote on 7/18/2018, 7:32 AM

I mean that somehow Luts looks different than in Edius/Premiere or DaVinci. It have more blacks and different colours - not too much but it is... I don't know maybe this is because of some color ranges in properties but... It sucks that in every other software I have same looking LUTs but not in V15...

And I have problem with DaVinci - when I render project with graded colours and when I import it into V15 there are other colours than I have in DaVinci... really?!

rajiv-mudgal wrote on 7/18/2018, 10:07 AM

Thanks for the update. I think media exchange and management need a little more love too. :) better XML and AAF exchange would be a good start especially when Vegas refuses to import its own exported formats.

Jam_One wrote on 7/18/2018, 10:40 AM

Feature / inconvenience fix request.

Dear Sirs!
Looking close at the audio files you obtain from iTunes you can clearly see they are a lot like the AAC files rendered from Vegas Pro.
The most noticeable difference being their extension.

iTunes gives us .m4a.
Vegas delivers .mp4.

Some software have got troubles reading audio-only AAC with .mp4 extension.

My request is:
Please, change the default extension for the audio-only AAC files rendered by Vegas to .m4a, taking iTunes as the reference.

Sincere thanks to you in advance!

Wolfgang S. wrote on 7/20/2018, 2:42 AM

I mean that somehow Luts looks different than in Edius/Premiere or DaVinci. It have more blacks and different colours - not too much but it is... I don't know maybe this is because of some color ranges in properties but... It sucks that in every other software I have same looking LUTs but not in V15...

And I have problem with DaVinci - when I render project with graded colours and when I import it into V15 there are other colours than I have in DaVinci... really?!

Have you made the comparison with enabled 32bit floating point full range in Vegas? Maybe that makes a difference since Resolve uses 32bit all the time

And what type of footage is it, and what settings are used in Resolve and Vegas?

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti * Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED (ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED (i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE, 32 GB Ram. Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB) with internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor. Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG, Atomos Sumo

tom-sylvester wrote on 7/20/2018, 6:36 AM

Thank you for your continued support and updates of this great editing software.

Deva-Bida wrote on 7/23/2018, 3:35 AM

Changes

Changed Wording MAGIX ProRes to MAGIX Intermediate Codec

Fixed the installation of a file which helps direct media to be read by the correct plugins

Korean localization fixes

only three change that no one needs man please read peoples thread that they want you to fix and give features.

waiting for vp16 (please don't disappoint me).

Not to nitpick but, I'm new to VP (haven't fully read the manual, in my first project needed to render out to prores. If he codec is prores (it is, correct?), why not keep the name so that newbies will find their way around more easily?

Like I said, it's a small point, but it jumped right out at me when I read this.

Thanks for the patch!

vkmast wrote on 7/23/2018, 4:27 AM

If [t]he codec is prores (it is, correct?), why not keep the name so that newbies will find their way around more easily?'

Not confirmed, but a guess is an issue with A****.

Coriaman wrote on 7/23/2018, 6:00 PM

VEGAS Pro 15 Update 6 (build 384) has been released. Please give us your feedback in this thread. We want to keep you informed about as much as we can and have your feedback, even though this is not a big update.

If you already have build 384 or earlier installed, there is no need to uninstall it. The build 384 will overwrite your installation and retain your settings. Your computer will need to be online for activation after the update.

If you are installing VEGAS Pro 15 for the first time, it is generally better to install using a VEGAS Pro download manager. See here for details & links.

Official announcement with Patch Notes

VEGAS Pro 15 (build 384) installer

Previous general discussion thread

I'm Korean User. We use Vegas a lot in Korea. But..there is a bug where Korean Language is not written correctly. It is always a complaint. That bug still in this patch. What have you fixed...

bluesgeek wrote on 7/23/2018, 6:15 PM

If [t]he codec is prores (it is, correct?), why not keep the name so that newbies will find their way around more easily?'

Not confirmed, but a guess is an issue with A****.

Ah, same reason it costs so much to buy F******* 800 and T********** peripherals for my M********.

RogerS wrote on 7/24/2018, 8:21 AM

I'm Korean User. We use Vegas a lot in Korea. But..there is a bug where Korean Language is not written correctly. It is always a complaint. That bug still in this patch. What have you fixed...

Coriaman, did you write to Magix support? I am sure they would want to know it's not fixed. Perhaps send them a screenshot of the problem and what's wrong with it as they probably can't read Korean : )

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark: https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark: https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

david-ruby wrote on 7/24/2018, 8:59 AM

I honestly can say I hope I don't have to pay for a complete update to 16 after waiting so long to even work with Vegas 15. Day 2 of using it after initial purchase it has sat collecting virtual dust since it does not work with sony xavc-s footage. You need a beta tester for this footage? I can help.

ahshing wrote on 7/24/2018, 12:18 PM

Since the Build 316 I have to disable So4 dll to make my a7III XAVCS clips playback smoothly, when will it to be fixed again?

OldSmoke wrote on 7/24/2018, 12:41 PM

I honestly can say I hope I don't have to pay for a complete update to 16 after waiting so long to even work with Vegas 15. Day 2 of using it after initial purchase it has sat collecting virtual dust since it does not work with sony xavc-s footage. You need a beta tester for this footage? I can help.

I do work with VP15 and Sony XAVC-S files from a a6300 and AX700. What is exactly your problem with those files in VP15?

Proud owner of Sony Vegas Pro 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 and now Magix VP15&16.

System Spec.:
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime-A

Ram: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 2666 XMP

CPU: i7-9800x @ 4.6GHz (custom water cooling system)
GPU: 1x AMD Vega Pro Frontier Edition (water cooled)
Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

PSU: Corsair 1200W
Monitor: 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (2560x1440)

Deva-Bida wrote on 7/25/2018, 1:38 PM

I'm not sure whether this is specific to this build because I'm a new user (2 weeks with 361 previously).

My first few projects were all ProResLT. Now I'm working directly with camera files (AVCHD MTS) with the occasional ProRes file thrown in. I'm noticing that the when I making VP15 active after returning from a web browser for example, I ~often~ lose connection to the ProRes files. The only option I have is to cancel, save, quit, and restart. If I attempt to replace the media VP15 crashes. I haven't tested with all ProRes projects.

[Edit:

UPDATE - Also, I needed to save, quit right away. If I just cancel the dialog window and leave VP open, it presents the "Vegas Pro as stopped working" report dialog.]

Amivideotek wrote on 7/25/2018, 3:34 PM

When will be fixed the Vegas Titles & Text font list after many new versions and new updates ?

An idea that I have for an next Vegas Pro version : possibility to zoom in/out the video in the preview screen.

An other idea that I have is to save a list of fonts that where used in a project. This is very useful when you open a Vegas-project on another pc where not the same fonts where installed. And so we know with fonts must be installed on a other pc to render the Vegas-project correctly !!

Greetings Ami

Vegas Pro 20 + Ignite Pro

HitFilm Pro 2023.1

Moho Pro 13.5

Luminar Neo

Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher

Blender 3D (if I have a lot of time)

Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU : Intel Core i7 @ 2.50GHz
Ram : 32.0GB
Motherboard : HP 8860 (U3E1)
Graphics : 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (HP)
Storage :
953GB MTFDHBA1T0QFD-1AX1AABHA (Unknown (SSD)) 
3726GB Seagate ST4000DM004-2CV104 (SATA )
3726GB Western Digital WDC WD40EFZX-68AWUN0 (SATA )
Optical Drives : /
Audio : Realtek High Definition Audio

Deva-Bida wrote on 7/26/2018, 8:25 PM

I'm not sure whether this is specific to this build because I'm a new user (2 weeks with 361 previously).

My first few projects were all ProResLT. Now I'm working directly with camera files (AVCHD MTS) with the occasional ProRes file thrown in. I'm noticing that the when I making VP15 active after returning from a web browser for example, I ~often~ lose connection to the ProRes files. The only option I have is to cancel, save, quit, and restart. If I attempt to replace the media VP15 crashes. I haven't tested with all ProRes projects.

[Edit:

UPDATE - Also, I needed to save, quit right away. If I just cancel the dialog window and leave VP open, it presents the "Vegas Pro as stopped working" report dialog.]

UPDATE - I was just working in a web browser session while having a VP15 file as described above (mostly MTS files with a couple of ProResLT files in the timeline). I saw an orange bar appeared briefly superimposed on the browser session with the text: "Couldn't save the node in Vegas Pro." When I returned to VP15, it was in the state described above with lost connection to one of the ProRes files.]