VEGAS Pro 15 Update 8 (build 416)

Comments

JimBrenda wrote on 1/7/2019, 8:37 AM

Great! Thanks for the bug fix!

Aleziss wrote on 1/31/2019, 5:51 PM

I've been supporting since vegas pro 12... now 15 pro edit just left me in the dust... it used to work but then suddenly 4 months ago, it started to crash while working and got worst and worst...

Now it is even impossible to start it even with empty project... it simply crashes all the time... tried to uninstall it, reinstall, perform a clean uninstall, reinstall, same thing... uninstall again, activate adminstrator account, try to install it from that account, same thing... rolled back video drivers, uninstall, reinstall, same thing...

tried to ask for help but the instructions received seemed to be copied from the old sony instructions, lead to dead links... I am still waiting from magix and cannot work on any projects since 4 months now...

A couple weeks ago, I saw that message to fix the issue click here (which was the 416 patch update) I was so happy that this would be finally set... well, same freakn thing... crashes all the time...

The only thing that seem to be working when I start vegas is that nag screen to buy the v16... frankly, as a consumer of this product, it does not inspire me a lot of trust in that software anymore... it was never really a super stable program to start with in my opinion but I like the ergonomy of the software a lot...

Last resort to fix issue seem to be here...

Anyone else is having issues with crashes on vegas pro 15 ??

michael-harrison wrote on 2/1/2019, 12:17 PM

I've found that the Movie Studio and Vegas products are delicate. Their threading model needs work and it's easy to get them to deadlock if doing multiple things at the same time (playing back, clicking on or moving segments).

But if the program is crashing on startup this could be a driver problem or one that can be solved by clearing the saved settings.

Aleziss, have you tried starting up clean by holding down Ctrl-Shift during startup and deleting all the saved settings?

What video card(s) do you have in your computer?

System 1:

Windows 10
i9-10850K 10 Core
128.0G RAM
Nvidia RTX 3060 Studio driver [most likely latest]
Resolution        3840 x 2160 x 60 hertz
Video Memory 12G GDDR5

System 2:

Lenovo Yoga 720
Core i7-7700 2.8Ghz quad core, 8 logical
16G ram
Intel HD 630 gpu 1G vram
Nvidia GTX 1050 gpu 2G vram

Aleziss wrote on 2/1/2019, 2:29 PM

I've found that the Movie Studio and Vegas products are delicate. Their threading model needs work and it's easy to get them to deadlock if doing multiple things at the same time (playing back, clicking on or moving segments).

But if the program is crashing on startup this could be a driver problem or one that can be solved by clearing the saved settings.

Aleziss, have you tried starting up clean by holding down Ctrl-Shift during startup and deleting all the saved settings?

What video card(s) do you have in your computer?

Hi and thanks for the reply !

yes, I've done all of this with the ctrl-shift, even deleted EVERYTHING following a procedure found on this forum (clean uninstall), deleted ALL previous sony and magix softwares, cleaned the registry as per the instructions (lost all my settings as a result), deleted all hidden user folder in regards of vegas (also lost other configs), tried install software from administrator account, rolled back to older version of video drivers found on HP website (the last one available from 2017-18) and still always crashing...

I've open a ticket with magix and they send me procedures that point to the old sony forums and documentation that have BROKEN links !, Magix should revise all those notes as they are not helpful... I even sent them the error log (zip file) directly by email because it seem vegas is not sending the crash information from within vegas even though it looks like it is transmitting the information, they NEVER receive any of my log...

I have to seek information by myself, error happening in module igdrclclassic64.dll which I think is in regard of intel graphics driver...

Anyway, if anyone has an idea, I would like to know ! I am even thinking of flushing the whole computer and start over again but this is so much work and want to do that in last last last resort... that thing been down for 4 months...

EDIT: forgot to add to respond to your questions, computer is using intel graphics 530 along with geforce gtx960m. I CANNOT deactivate either of those graphics cards as I have no option to do so in the bios by the way.

Thanks !

john-rappl wrote on 3/13/2019, 1:42 PM

A major improvement with Vegas 15 was the use of GPUs for timeline editing/preview and rendering acceleration. At that point Magix added a recommendation to keep GPU drivers updated with the latest versions.

Intel provides drivers for the Intel iGPUs, for example the Intel UHD Graphics 630. Vegas 15 can and does use this processor well - I notice much better timeline response and the normal QSV encodes I do often are 3 times faster than software only!

Unfortunately, at the end of Nov 2018 Intel released new drivers (DCH). These drivers prevent any application built with the pre-DCH driver Intel Media SDK from using the iGPU for QSV and timeline/preview acceleration if the Intel iGPU is not the main display gpu. This is a very normal pc configuration, for example I use a RX 560 for my main display because it can run my monitor at 4K/60Hz over HDMI where as the Intel GPU cannot.

So, Intel's new drivers break functionality in all existing, shipping apps that use the GPU and have not had an update built using the new Intel Media SDK.

I have reported this to Intel but it appears they will not fix their bug in the DCH drivers!!!!!

There are more details at this forum post:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/qsv-not-working-with-intel-dch-graphics-drivers-and-multiple-gpus--115023/

So, is it possible to get another build of Vegas 15 that uses the new post DCH driver Intel Media SDK?

If not will Magix pressure Intel to fix this bug!

Lastly, has the currently shipping Vegas 16 been built with the new Intel Media SDK?

Cielspacing wrote on 3/16/2019, 11:09 PM

A major improvement with Vegas 15 was the use of GPUs for timeline editing/preview and rendering acceleration. At that point Magix added a recommendation to keep GPU drivers updated with the latest versions.

Intel provides drivers for the Intel iGPUs, for example the Intel UHD Graphics 630. Vegas 15 can and does use this processor well - I notice much better timeline response and the normal QSV encodes I do often are 3 times faster than software only!

Unfortunately, at the end of Nov 2018 Intel released new drivers (DCH). These drivers prevent any application built with the pre-DCH driver Intel Media SDK from using the iGPU for QSV and timeline/preview acceleration if the Intel iGPU is not the main display gpu. This is a very normal pc configuration, for example I use a RX 560 for my main display because it can run my monitor at 4K/60Hz over HDMI where as the Intel GPU cannot.

So, Intel's new drivers break functionality in all existing, shipping apps that use the GPU and have not had an update built using the new Intel Media SDK.

I have reported this to Intel but it appears they will not fix their bug in the DCH drivers!!!!!

There are more details at this forum post:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/qsv-not-working-with-intel-dch-graphics-drivers-and-multiple-gpus--115023/

This possibly explains quite a lot of problems, bugs and usage reports in several of the advanced recent softwares that utilize GPU for different tasks.
///It must be very frustrating to have developed complex optimizations, including multicore CPUs, balanced use of memory, efficient programming, and a non ending list of dev technologies in order to deliver it to us users, to later find reported problems that were caused elsewhere and that developers themselves cannot directly put their hands on or have a say about it...

Kent-Brown wrote on 3/20/2019, 12:05 PM

Have 2 problems with vegas 15 can't seem to get updates to actually instal, any audio is distorted when added to vegas as it degrades in quality after doing anything, like rendering. Even when the first run is fine in vegas it comes out sounding terrible. It's an endless loop of troubleshooting. I never actually finish anything, it's just looking for answers to new problems. I'm a Berklee student and have to say in the current state, I couldn't call this pro software.

john-rappl wrote on 3/22/2019, 1:35 PM

Is there any news on the Intel UHD DCH driver bug? Has Magix contacted Intel on the issue? Will there be a fix? Will Magix rebuild and release an Update for 15 that uses the new Intel Media SDK and finally, has 16 been built using the post DCH driver Intel Media SDK?

john-rappl wrote on 3/27/2019, 4:37 PM

Hello - How about some response from Magix? I paid good money for your product, the least you could do is respond to real issues with it!

Norbert wrote on 4/28/2019, 6:36 AM

This version has serious issues with ram and GPU acceleration, don't install it. It shuts down the GPU and I need to restart the pc with the restart button. I'm still stuck with Vegas Pro 14 and Premiere...

Elena-Campbell-Martinez wrote on 5/25/2019, 9:57 AM

If I'm running Build 177, can I update directly to this Build 416? Or do I need to update to each of the intermediate Builds, one by one first?

vkmast wrote on 5/25/2019, 12:57 PM

Yes you can update directly to the latest build. http://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-14-update-4-build-211--104988/#ca648998 : "each subsequent update will include the features of all previous updates."

Alexander-Kovtunov wrote on 5/27/2020, 5:01 AM

Hi!
1. Acquired and installed Movie Studio Platinum 15 build 157
(I ask you not to laugh - we have an old Windows and an old computer)
2. Download update 416
3. Install 416th as "Default" - became in a separate folder and at startup requires its own new separate registration...
4. Removed 416th
5. Delivered the 416th to folder with "Movie Studio Platinum" - nothing has changed - Movie Studio (157) - starts by itself, and the 416th - by itself and requires a serial number ....

What am I doing wrong?

Marco. wrote on 5/27/2020, 5:16 AM

You confuse Movie Studio with Vegas Pro.

Alexander-Kovtunov wrote on 5/27/2020, 5:32 AM

1. That is, these are completely different products and there is no point in putting an update?

2. If these are different products, then I will be very grateful if you tell me where can I see the differences between these products in detail

vkmast wrote on 5/27/2020, 6:44 AM

Different products have their own updates/new builds of a version.

There were no updates of Movie Studio Platinum 15 after build 157.

See the product pages for the current versions.

Willy-Paguntalan wrote on 6/23/2020, 6:03 AM

Appreciate the love for Vegas 15 user- I havent even used my upgrade yet, Been studying Resolve but I think ill get some ACTUAL editing done this week!