Very strange audio problem!

TheSoundTV wrote on 12/8/2022, 6:25 PM

Hello!

I have Vegas Pro 20 and i use it in Windows 10.

I have very strange audio problem , when i upload video for example 10 seconds , at the end of the video there are very strange 2 pixels and the sound starts from the beginning for 2 pixels and every time I need to cut those pixels but sometimes I forget and that annoys me. The problem is very strange and I can't exactly explain it to you, I will attach a picture so you can understand me better. https://prnt.sc/Gv-0PvfVMyDG

Comments

EricLNZ wrote on 12/8/2022, 8:40 PM

Please post images to the forum using the upload button rather than to an external site.

i upload video for example 10 seconds

Where are you "uploading" the video from?

TheSoundTV wrote on 12/8/2022, 8:44 PM

I try to upload using this button but i got error last time ,now is okay. I just drag and drop the video, i use this video very much and i make sometimes video from around 100 clips so i can't cut every time last 2 pixels from every clip... it's very annoying.

EricLNZ wrote on 12/8/2022, 8:48 PM

Where do the clips come from? Post media info on one of them. Instructions here https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-how-to-post-mediainfo-and-vegas-pro-file-properties--104561/

TheSoundTV wrote on 12/8/2022, 8:58 PM

before I bought the 20 version, i worked for many years with the 13 version and i never had a similar problem. After i bought version 20 of every clip i use, in the end there are almost always those 2 pixels that I have to cut, I haven't looked for a solution because i edit very long clips (about 8 hours each) and it has never bothered me because anyway the end of the video itself is cut off. Soon I'm starting to make clips that will be assembled from 100+ other clips and it will be a hell of a pain to cut 2 pixels on each individual clip, it's just a waste of time.

noisywan wrote on 12/9/2022, 1:02 AM

I don't know what causes it but here is what I'd do for a workaround;

1) Create a New Project
2) Put the OUTRO video on the timeline (say yes if it asks for adjusting project settings according to the video)
3) Cut off the part you don't want at the end of the video
4) Save the project. "OUTRO_nested.VEG" (or any name you like)
5) Use the `OUTRO_nested.VEG` file in your projects instead of your original video.

This way, you create a `copy` of OUTRO that has the tailing part already cut off, so you won't be repeating the cutting process everytime you use that video in your projects.

Musicvid wrote on 12/10/2022, 7:57 AM

It's a known issue that the developers have acknowledged and are working on. Please test future updates as they become available and let us know your experience with them.

Howard-Vigorita wrote on 12/10/2022, 9:59 AM

@TheSoundTV Turning off the clip property "Loop" might be a work-around. Also look at the setting "Quantize to Frames".

TheSoundTV wrote on 12/10/2022, 10:44 AM

Thanks for the answers!

I think the Quantize to Frames disabled may solve the problem. I will need some time and I will tell you the result

john_dennis wrote on 12/11/2022, 7:23 AM

@Musicvid said:

"It's a known issue that the developers have acknowledged and are working on. Please test future updates as they become available and let us know your experience with them."

This is a Vegas Pro 19 and up issue (at least). I just went back to Vegas Pro 14 to finish some work. If you don't think the noise at the end of the sample video is loud enough to be a bother, just know that I'm easily annoyed with little ticks and clicks that are generated by editors.

@TheSoundTV

"... in the end there are almost always those 2 pixels that I have to cut..."

Please stay around the forum long enough to learn the difference between a pixel and a frame.

john_dennis wrote on 12/11/2022, 8:15 AM

Vegas Pro through the ages...

Vegas 20-214

john_dennis wrote on 12/22/2022, 10:55 AM

@Musicvid said: "Please test future updates as they become available and let us know your experience with them."

Vegas Pro 19-648 still has the issue.

TheSoundTV wrote on 12/22/2022, 10:59 AM

Yeah , the problem is still here and is the same in your video. I hope devs find a solution about this.

planetdelirium wrote on 2/3/2023, 8:03 PM

Well, glad I'm not the only having this issue... I've had previous standalone versions of Vegas, but I just got the Pro 365 Subscription for version 20 and this is the first time I've encountered this. It's more annoying for me than anything as long as I remember to cut off that last half second, but I have almost forgot a couple times

Philip-Adams wrote on 3/4/2023, 9:18 PM

I have the exact same issue with my Vegas Pro 20 (updated). Likewise find it very annoying. Have asked for support from the Vegas technicians about the problem. Will let you know if they say anything really helpful. The fault seems to me to be in the building of the peaks in the audio track when you load it into the timeline. If it's a software issue, then that's pretty pathetic in my view. Had no such issue with Vegas 17.

Former user wrote on 3/4/2023, 10:33 PM

When this happens in the future, try right clicking on the media file (probably any media file) in project media, then open the video so it plays in a media player, then close and go back to vegas. I did this once and it fixed the audio distortion/noise. Problem is I've tried doing this since, and it doesn't do anything.

I had thought vegas going from foreground to background and back to foreground somehow fixed the problem, turns out it only worked that once, so likely chance/coincidence

The fault seems to me to be in the building of the peaks in the audio track

I have seen some strangness with the peaks. sometimes it shows the loud the distortion, sometimes not, other times the peaks will flatline where the distortion is. It's very weird and transient.

mickhardy wrote on 4/6/2023, 1:35 AM

Further to @john_dennis superb analysis over the years, I can confirm this was introduced with Vegas 19 build 636 and above. Vegas 19 build 550 is not affected. All versions of Vegas 20 are broken.

Colin-Anderton wrote on 4/7/2023, 10:09 AM

The simple solution I find is to click the middle box at top right of screen (the one that is there with any programme) so it puts the programme down into the bottom bar, click the Vegas Pro icon, and the edit screen appears again. Wait till the blue circle stops spinning (two seconds or so) and the noise disappears.

I don't pretend to know why it works, but it's quicker than the other solutions mentioned here. Hope this helps.

m3lquixd wrote on 4/16/2023, 11:10 AM

I think I have the same problem, has anyone managed to solve this?

About me:
Hi! Melqui Calheiros Here. I've been using Vegas as my only video editor for over 10 years. I edit professionally for various influencers, public bodies and small businesses. My goal is to squeeze Vegas to the fullest! And end the prejudice that software has here in Brazil.

⬇️ Some of my jobs. ⬇️
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/post-your-vegas-creations--109464/?page=37#ca872169

PC Specs:
Operating System:
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
CPU:
    AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.60 GHz
RAM:
    32,0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 2666MHz
Motherboard:
    BIOSTAR Group B450MX-S (AM4)
Graphics:
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (ZOTAC International)
Storage:
    465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA )
    238GB Lexar 256GB SSD (SATA (SSD))
  931GB KINGSTON SNV2S1000G (SATA-2 (SSD))

john_dennis wrote on 5/2/2023, 12:02 PM

@m3lquixd @TheSoundTV @noisywan @Colin-Anderton

Please verify that this is fixed in Vegas Pro 20-402

jetdv wrote on 5/2/2023, 4:43 PM

@john_dennis, I'm still seeing the issue in build 402...

john_dennis wrote on 5/2/2023, 9:52 PM

@jetdv

Thank you for testing. I went back and ran five render options and all failed as before except HEVC which was truncated by two frames.

noisywan wrote on 5/3/2023, 4:38 AM

@m3lquixd @TheSoundTV @noisywan @Colin-Anderton

Please verify that this is fixed in Vegas Pro 20-402

Tested with 2 mp4 AVC files and I see the issue. It's not fixed.

jetdv wrote on 5/3/2023, 8:18 AM

I did notice something odd, though. I loaded a project that has the issue on the one clip which I had shortened. I added that same clip to the timeline again. This time it did NOT have the issue. I expanded the original one back out and it did NOT have the issue.

I'm wondering if this is something deeper. If I start with a fresh opened project, it doesn't happen? If I've done my editing and then add that clip at the end it does? So maybe it's somewhat related to what's been done before adding a clip that causes this to happen?

john_dennis wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:51 AM

@jetdv said: "I'm wondering if this is something deeper."

You are correct. I was surprised when my first render with Vegas Pro 20-402 did not have the issue. I've since run many different scenarios with mixed results. The most interesting result that I've seen is when I add a rendered file back to a new project without the issue, then load other renders on to the timeline and now even the media that was just OK has the issue. In spite of the gigabytes of screen recordings that I have of this, I'm not ready to publish.