15 vs. 16 menu display adding text, trans, etc.

georgiaguy wrote on 9/15/2019, 9:45 AM

15 menu is simple, VISUAL, easy to use. Drag and drop. 16 makes you add things, then select from a drop down. I can't stand this FYI. Really slows down the workflow. To the point I won't use or recommend 16. 15 was all neatly TABBED, click the tab, and SEE the text, transitions, etc. If there's anyway to change that, let me know, or I will just keep using 15.

Comments

vkmast wrote on 9/15/2019, 10:14 AM

One of the latest comments on the topic. You might read also this thread elsewhere.

georgiaguy wrote on 9/16/2019, 4:24 AM

Thanks...... horrible decision on someone's part.

EricLNZ wrote on 9/16/2019, 4:31 AM

Agreed but so far there has been no comment from the Magix developers. I was hoping the recent update would have put it back to how it used to be. Maybe the next update?

georgiaguy wrote on 9/16/2019, 6:40 AM

Agreed but so far there has been no comment from the Magix developers. I was hoping the recent update would have put it back to how it used to be. Maybe the next update?

Maybe some can send them this thread... :)

vkmast wrote on 9/16/2019, 7:17 AM

Actually the Magix Vegas team is aware and there has been a comment from the product owner. See "one of the latest comments" and the link "reconsidered", The 2nd paragraph there: "...your comment about the tree view actually is quite a useful comment, so thanks for that. It's important input, and I will definitely take it into consideration." Read also DoctorZen in the thread I linked above.

But as said, no change in Update 2. Note that Update 1 was in practice only the first public release.

@georgiaguy

georgiaguy wrote on 1/14/2020, 6:04 AM

Anyone know if any more thought has been given to this issue? Thanks

vkmast wrote on 1/14/2020, 6:25 AM

The info from the VEGAS team is that they have heard you and are considering options for improving this.

georgiaguy wrote on 4/27/2020, 5:04 PM

Curious if this had been changed in 17 or not.

vkmast wrote on 4/27/2020, 5:19 PM

Yes. "Improved Video FX, Transitions and Media Generator windows: Effects can be filtered by category and provider, you can search for an effect name and mark favorites to quickly find your favorite effect." E.g.: