$200 for an upgrade... Conclusions

arkadiusz-buchala wrote on 8/28/2017, 5:13 AM

So Magix wants $200 for an upgrade... for what?

Please tell me: what do you propose so good in version 15 that can compare for example to Davinci Resolve? Which you can buy for $300 and have great support, GPU acceleration, nodes!, great color grading tools, great tracker, great stabilization tool, dynamic link with Fusion etc.

Vegas is kind of dead.

I'm saying goodbye! At least for now...

Good luck Magix!

Comments

Master86 wrote on 8/28/2017, 5:31 AM

I'm agree with you. Vegas Pro is dead since version 13

TheHappyFriar wrote on 8/28/2017, 6:53 AM

The freeze frame, new pan/crop, and pip plugin look awesome to me. Great features users have asked for for years. Tempting to update!

Wish they would let gpu acceleration junk die like the network rendering everyone pinned over for years then complained it wasn't a magic but when they got it. :\

Grazie wrote on 8/28/2017, 7:06 AM

"The freeze frame, new pan/crop, and pip plugin look awesome to me." The FF is just what the doctor ordered. It works slickly and no no no more fiddling about, AND you get the advantage of an added VeloEnvel to do what you want to reflect your narrative.

NickHope wrote on 8/28/2017, 7:08 AM
Wish they would let gpu acceleration junk die like the network rendering everyone pinned over for years then complained it wasn't a magic but when they got it. :\

Vegas will certainly not be able to compete if GPU acceleration is abandoned completely. When it's done right it makes a huge difference. I don't know how it's faring in VP15, but getting this right is the developers' number 1 priority in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how Intel integrated graphics acceleration performs with powerful CPUs. It makes a small improvement over CPU on my ageing laptop.

arkadiusz-buchala wrote on 8/28/2017, 7:11 AM

Maybe those features are good, but in my opinion not worth $200 of upgrade or $600 for a new license. For this you can have Resolve studio and Fusion studio - you can do a lot more with this combo. And do not forget support quality... Vegas support sucks. The same was with Sony. Nothing has changed.

I have invested a lot of money in Vegas (plugins etc.), and now I'm really disappointed.

Grazie wrote on 8/28/2017, 7:15 AM

Vegas will certainly not be able to compete if GPU acceleration is abandoned completely. When it's done right it makes a huge difference.

Yes, well stated Nickski. On my old nVidia GTX560ti it's loving it so far. There's an option to push up threads. What will this mean? Could MAGIX be fiddling with CPU&GPU combos?

Wolfgang S. wrote on 8/28/2017, 7:37 AM

I paid for Resolve Studio $ 1.000 and were not happy when they decreased the price to $ 300. So they took $ 700 too much? Beside that funny policy Resolve Studio is a great software.

I am not disappointed with Vegas. The new features are great for an NLE software. I love the ACES support to grade my slog and vlog footage, I love the surface of the editor. So it is not dead at all for me - they have prepared the software for the HDR future and that is great.

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti * Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED (ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED (i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE, 32 GB Ram. Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB) with internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor. Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG, Atomos Sumo

arkadiusz-buchala wrote on 8/28/2017, 7:55 AM

Did they fix old bugs? Is there a tracker? Fixed stablize plugin? Do 4K plays really smooth right now (in Best->full mode?). If not, then it's not wort it...

Robert W wrote on 8/28/2017, 8:28 AM

Vegas will certainly not be able to compete if GPU acceleration is abandoned completely. When it's done right it makes a huge difference.

Yes, well stated Nickski. On my old nVidia GTX560ti it's loving it so far. There's an option to push up threads. What will this mean? Could MAGIX be fiddling with CPU&GPU combos?

Has there not always been an option to increase threads? They just buried it in the hidden menu as they deemed it too technical for us professionals to configure. It is probably not a new feature.

BruceUSA wrote on 8/28/2017, 9:51 AM

Upgrade price is $200. What kind bundle come with VP15? I don't see it anywhere. I want to see what bundle it is included and worth the upgrade price. Anyone here have actually bought VP15 and share your information please.

OK.. I decide to dig a little deeper to find out what it is including. Upgrade Vegas Pro 15 Edit $199> look like it is including Boris Continuum 3D right? What about Upgrade VPPro 15> $249 is this including Boris Continuum 3D and DVDA is that correct? I try to figure out , is this worth the xtra $50. Can some one confirm this. If the xtra $50 is for DVDA, then I don't want that option.

Last changed by BruceUSA on 8/28/2017, 10:07 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Intel i7 12700k @5.2Ghz all P Cores, 5.3@ 6 Core, Turbo boost 3 Cores @5.4Ghz. 4.1Ghz All E Cores.                                          

MSI Z690 MPG Edge DDR5 Wifi                                                     

TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 32GB DDR5 -6200                     

Samsung 980 Pro x4 Nvme .M2 1tb Pcie Gen 4                                     

ASRock RX 6900XT Phantom 16GB                                                        

PSU Eva Supernova G2 1300w                                                     

Black Ice GTX 480mm radiator top mount push/pull                    

MCP35X dual pump w/ dual pump housing.                                

Corsair RGB water block. RGB Fan thru out                           

Phanteks Enthoo full tower

Windows 11 Pro

frankp wrote on 8/28/2017, 10:12 AM

Upgrade price for me would be $249.😩

Too steep! If it was $99 then i'm in.

Magix Vegas Pro 17 Edit

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz LGA 1151 

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Designare

RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 32GB DDR4 2400 MT/s

GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB

Capture Card: Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K

PSU: Corsair RMx Series 850W

Boot Drive: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 2TB

Data Drives: Toshiba X300 5TB 7200 RPM (x4)

RAID: G-Technology G-RAID with Thunderbolt 3 and Blackjet VX-2SSD USB 3.1 10Gbps USB Type-C

Case: iStarUSA D400 Black

Monitors: Viewsonic VP2785-4K, VP2468 IPS Panels

Camera: Sony a6600 APS-C, Sony ZV-1

NickHope wrote on 8/28/2017, 10:18 AM

Upgrade price is $200. What kind bundle come with VP15? I don't see it anywhere. I want to see what bundle it is included and worth the upgrade price. Anyone here have actually bought VP15 and share your information please.

OK.. I decide to dig a little deeper to find out what it is including. Upgrade Vegas Pro 15 Edit $199> look like it is including Boris Continuum 3D right? What about Upgrade VPPro 15> $249 is this including Boris Continuum 3D and DVDA is that correct? I try to figure out , is this worth the xtra $50. Can some one confirm this. If the xtra $50 is for DVDA, then I don't want that option.

Hopefully this clarifies: http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro/product-comparison/#productMenu

Boris Continuum 3D not bundled anywhere as far as I can see. The only plugin from Boris FX is the Sapphire Render Unit (whatever that is) in the Suite version.

BruceUSA wrote on 8/28/2017, 10:27 AM

Nick Hope.... This is what I see when I try to add to cart just want to see the what is included.

Last changed by BruceUSA on 8/28/2017, 10:28 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Intel i7 12700k @5.2Ghz all P Cores, 5.3@ 6 Core, Turbo boost 3 Cores @5.4Ghz. 4.1Ghz All E Cores.                                          

Windows 11 Pro

suhaib-siddiqi wrote on 8/28/2017, 10:28 AM

Please tell me: what do you propose so good in version 15 that can compare for example to Davinci Resolve? Which you can buy for $300 and have great support, GPU acceleration, nodes!, great color grading tools, great tracker, great stabilization tool, dynamic link with Fusion etc.

Vegas is kind of dead.

Good luck Magix!

Where does it say $200?  I logged into my account, and I get an upgrade price of $599.00 for Vegas Pro 15 (Regular $899.00). Is MAGIX kidding???? $599.00 not worth the price for Vegas Pro 15. As I see in users forum first it offers nothing great except cosmetic changes. The so-called PIP etc OFX, those are already in the NewBLueFX OFX plugins and does a lot better job. I get Resolve and Fusion for $299.00/each which are much better software than Vegas. Master86 is right that VEGAS is a dead product and MAGIX does not have capabilities to develop a professional NLE. I might play around with VEGAS 15 Trial version for a while, then stay with VEGAS Pro 14 as a secondary editor, and Resolve with Fusion to do my primary editing work.

NickHope wrote on 8/28/2017, 10:45 AM

Nick Hope.... This is what I see when I try to add to cart just want to see the what is included.

That seems to be a perk that's not included in the sales information, as far as I can see. It's not included in the trials of VP15. You can download and install the trials and look in your ...Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager folder after installation to see exactly what you were given (although I'm not sure the Boris FX Sapphire Render Unit installer gets left in there).

BruceUSA wrote on 8/28/2017, 10:51 AM

Vegas is kind of dead.

Good luck Magix!

Where does it say $200?  I logged into my account, and I get an upgrade price of $599.00 for Vegas Pro 15 (Regular $899.00). Is MAGIX kidding???? $599.00 not worth the price for Vegas Pro 15. As I see in users forum first it offers nothing great except cosmetic changes. The so-called PIP etc OFX, those are already in the NewBLueFX OFX plugins and does a lot better job. I get Resolve and Fusion for $299.00/each which are much better software than Vegas. Master86 is right that VEGAS is a dead product and MAGIX does not have capabilities to develop a professional NLE. I might play around with VEGAS 15 Trial version for a while, then stay with VEGAS Pro 14 as a secondary editor, and Resolve with Fusion to do my primary editing work.

I don't see upgrade pricing on my Magix account either. You need to click on the link provide here about VP15 . You click on it and there is an option to click Upgrade, there where you will see upgrade price.

Windows 11 Pro

gwyador wrote on 8/28/2017, 10:54 AM

All I can say is, I am extremely disappointed with the V15 offering. 249.00 seems an aweful lot for a new color scheme and 2-3 new plugins!

Thinking long and hard if it is worth it!! whatever happened to the loyalty launch discounts?

Cheers!

suhaib-siddiqi wrote on 8/28/2017, 10:56 AM

Vegas is kind of dead.

Good luck Magix!

I don't see upgrade pricing on my Magix account either. You need to click on the link provide here about VP15 . You click on it and there is an option to click Upgrade, there where you will see upgrade price.

I did, and initially, it told me $599.99, later I noticed I had to copy my Serial Number from Vegas Pro 14 and enter it, then it gave a price $249.00. It is not worth it. I have already bought Resolve Studio and Fusion Studio, for $299.00/each. The Resolve-Fusion combo is way too much powerful than Vegas Pro 15 with cosmetic changes. The Resolve-Fusion combo does require newer video cards and hardware, which I have.

BruceUSA wrote on 8/28/2017, 10:56 AM

As always, Magix did a terrible job about their products, what is included and what are not included. More often, we are getting confused information.

Windows 11 Pro

NickHope wrote on 8/28/2017, 11:04 AM

Starting from http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro/ I clicked the relevant version (Edit, Pro or Suite), then UPGRADE, then after login I got these 3 upgrade offers in my cart...

Edit:

Pro:

Suite:

Jam_One wrote on 8/28/2017, 11:07 AM

That's right.

It's very simple.

Nothing confusing.

Just funny decide what you want.

If you had already gotten the DVDA, Titler-5, and other funny stuff, it's ultimately up to you to decide whether you wish to sponsor that stuff's creators by buying that for the second time.

Last changed by Jam_One on 8/28/2017, 11:15 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 7 Ultimate | Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz | nVidia GTX 760 4GB * 2

SSD | 32 GB RAM | No Swap file | No Overclock | GPU-in-CPU OFF

t.A.T.u. F.o.R.e.V.e.R.!

vkmast wrote on 8/28/2017, 11:08 AM

And from MVP15Product page, support, upgrade

suhaib-siddiqi wrote on 8/28/2017, 11:09 AM

Starting from http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro/ I clicked the relevant version (Edit, Pro or Suite), then UPGRADE, then after login I got these 3 upgrade offers in my cart...

Edit:

Pro:

Suite:

Whatever, I downloaded a Trial Version. I cannot get pass the the startup crash. It is still that annoying Microsoft .NET 3.5 error then crash. MAGIX cannot get pass .NET 3.5 ancient libraries.

marc-s wrote on 8/28/2017, 11:10 AM

What's the latest version of DVD Architect? I have 5.2. Do I need anything higher?