audio file and chapter inclusion problems

Iain-Barnwell wrote on 5/23/2020, 10:27 AM

I have rendered the video and audio files separately (as previously informed) within Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum.

I also added chapter markers and believe I have checked the option to include these under 'Render Options' before rendering.

My issues are that within DVD architect, I am having an issue with the audio playing with the video and also there appears to be no chapter markers.

I feel like there is something I am overlooking as I am usually able to figure this out for myself.

How do I add the audio with the video and port the chapter markers previously added in the Movie Studio?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

vkmast wrote on 5/23/2020, 11:21 AM

I assume you double-checked your workflow.

Iain-Barnwell wrote on 5/23/2020, 4:26 PM

Hi. I will certainly check again. It's my first time doing this (as you can probably tell) and I may have missed a few details.

I believe I previously rendered them as:

MainConcept MPEG-2/ DVD Architect PAL video stream and,

Dolby Digital AC-3 Studio/ Stereo DVD

There are only two options in the above audio category. The other one is the same but with AGC on.

I will render again making doubly sure. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Steve Grisetti wrote on 5/24/2020, 8:03 AM

Make sure that when you render your video stream you check the option to include the markers in the file.

Also, make sure your video and audio streams have exactly the same names and that both files are located in the same file directory so that when you add one to your DVD Architect project the other is added automatically.

And if you want some how-to instruction, you can check out the tutorials I've uploaded to the Magix library. You can get to them by clicking the Tutorials link at the top of this page.

Iain-Barnwell wrote on 5/24/2020, 8:36 AM

Thank you Steve. Though I do believe I had done this, I will certainly check. Your name looks familiar. I think I've watched a few of your YouTube videos. 😎

Iain-Barnwell wrote on 5/25/2020, 9:56 AM

Make sure that when you render your video stream you check the option to include the markers in the file.

Also, make sure your video and audio streams have exactly the same names and that both files are located in the same file directory so that when you add one to your DVD Architect project the other is added automatically.

And if you want some how-to instruction, you can check out the tutorials I've uploaded to the Magix library. You can get to them by clicking the Tutorials link at the top of this page.

I re-rendered the video and audio and double-checked that I ticked the render chapter markers box and they are still not appearing when inserted into the DVD architect. Could there be something else I'm overlooking?

I will watch your videos to see if I can spot something I've done wrong.

Just a reminder, I'm going from Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum to Vegas DVD Architect 7 and being in Europe, I'm rendering in:

Video: MainConcept MPEG-2/ DVD Architect PAL video stream

Audio: Dolby Digital AC-3 Studio/ Stereo DVD

vkmast wrote on 5/25/2020, 11:37 AM

Which builds of Platinum and DVD A 7? The last Platinum is #175 and the latest DVD A 7 is #100.

I just tested once again using the recommended workflow and could not reproduce your problem.

Iain-Barnwell wrote on 5/25/2020, 4:15 PM

Hi.

Which builds of Platinum and DVD A 7? The last Platinum is #175 and the latest DVD A 7 is #100.

I just tested once again using the recommended workflow and could not reproduce your problem.

DVD A 7 is build 100.

MS 16 P is build 175

Steve Grisetti wrote on 5/26/2020, 7:13 AM

What happens if, on the DVD Architect timeline where your video appears, you select the option to Load Markers (the file folder along the top of the timeline)?