Odd AUDIO problem -- looks like some sort of bug..
Background -- rendering a 1.5 hour show.
- 2 Tascam tracks are stage audio. 1 track is music. 4th track is camera audio mixed in at 20% for audience reactions.
- The 2 stage audio tracks have their prefade audio sent to a "Boost Taps" audio bus which I bring the levels up for when taps are on
Everything plays perfectly on my timeline.
- When I render, the audio goes silent at a point where that camera audio track ends, and it never turns on again even after the audio returns on that track.
- It does not matter what format I render in -- 16-bit or 24-bit, .WAV or embedded in my 1080p30 render. It's silent at that point for the duration of the render.
- When I did a region render just around 15 seconds of that spot, everything rendered OK including the audio which followed.
- I've confirmed both playing the rendered files, and loading the rendered files onto the Vegas and SoundForge timelines and observe the audience is silent at that point of the render.
I changed the fade-out point by a second earlier on that camera track and the problem is fixed.
So there seems to be a bug that in certain circumstances, kills the audio for the duration of render (maybe if one of the audio sources being mixed suddenly has the media end?).
In this screen-shot I've marked where the "Side" camera (track 15) audio originally ended (and problem occured), as well the point where I moved the endpoint to and the problem goes away. You'll note a spike in the rendered audio file (track 16, which I dropped in to show) where it stops, and the empty waveform to the right of that point.