Besides audio I also do a lot of development and enginering.
So I created an "artificial assistant" that helps you with all the questions, related to Vegas.
It works very simple; ask a question and VegasGPT answers;
How do I level audio?
To level audio in Vegas Pro, you can use audio event envelopes which allow you to control an event's fade-in, fade-out, and overall level. Here are the steps to adjust an audio event's volume:
1. Hover over the top of an audio event.
2. When you see the envelope cursor, drag the volume line to the desired level. As you drag the line, the event’s gain is displayed in dB.
Tip: You can hold the Ctrl key (or hold the right mouse button) while dragging the sustain portion of the envelope to adjust the value in fine increments.
Is there an option to save my file automatically? Like with an interval or something.
Yes, Vegas Pro offers an option for automatic saving of your files. The "Advanced Save - Live Save & Automatic Backups" feature allows you to have flexibility in saving and backing up your projects. This feature replaces the legacy Autosave function.
- - Live Save: Activating this option will save your current project after every edit. However, it's important to note that this could potentially lead to reduced performance on your system. Live Save will be operational only after the project has been saved once.
- - Timed Project Backups: By checking "Use Advanced Backup", you get several options for automatically backing up your project at set interval.
I want to add text with shadows and effects to my timeline. Can this be done?
Yes, you can add text with shadows and effects to your timeline in Vegas Pro 17. Here are the methods you can use:
1. Using the Titles & Text Plug-In:
- Choose `View > Window > Media Generators` to open the Media Generators window.
- Select the Titles & Text plug-in from the left pane.
- Drag a preset to a position on the timeline to create a generated media event.
- For overlay text, add it to a track above the video you want to overlay with a transparent background
2. Using the ProType Titler:
- This tool allows you to create static text, animated text effects with splined paths, per-character animation, and advanced curves.
- You can add shadows, glows, blurs, and gradients for unique text treatments.
- To access this, again go to `View > Window > Media Generators` and follow similar steps as above
Both methods provide various options to customize your text and add effects like shadows for enhanced visual appeal.
The knowledge of this GPT comes straight out of the manual in PDF-format.
Because of copyright infringements I did delete this GPT direct after creating and testing.
But maybe it is interesting for others to create once (private use).
Even MAGIX can create one and forward all questions (at first degree) to this gatekeeper.