Ultimate S won't go away

ernie-tamminga wrote on 3/15/2023, 12:45 PM

I'm on the latest update of Vegas Pro 19. I've been using the Ultimate S add-on for a bunch of years. My version is Ultimate S Pro version 4.2.1. It's extremely useful. As of today, however, I can't make it go away when I'm finished applying it. Its window stays open, blocking my Vegas Pro work area. I can't even resize its window anymore. Its window used to have an "X" for closing the window, but that's gone now. I've re-started Vegas, I've shut down and restarted Windows 10 (latest update), but nothing helps. Anyone else experiencing this?

Alternately... if this can't be fixed, I will uninstall Ultimate S, but I would miss some of its functionality, especially in handling Markers.

UPDATE: The responses posted by m3lquixd and John Dennis (below) are two methods for exactly what I was looking for, for deleting all markers in a project. Thanks very much, both of you..

Comments

J-Toresen wrote on 3/15/2023, 12:56 PM

From http://vasstsoftware.com/product/ultimate-s-pro/

Compatible with the English version of Sony Vegas Pro 8.0b thru MAGIX Vegas Pro 18.0 (Not compatible with Vegas Pro 19.0)

Jøran Toresen

ernie-tamminga wrote on 3/15/2023, 3:47 PM

Ah, well... it DID work, from the time Vegas Pro 19 was first released, up until this morning.

don't know what changed this morning, except that Ultimate S stopped working properly.

EricLNZ wrote on 3/15/2023, 7:56 PM

don't know what changed this morning

Possibly Windows. It sometimes does more than you realise when it "updates". Go into Control Panel/Security and Maintenance. Click on Maintenance then View Reliability History. Then click on the last day. You will probably find several NET items involved in addition to usual updates.

J-Toresen wrote on 3/16/2023, 4:53 AM

After one of the last builds, you cannot open projects created in Vegas Pro 19 in earlier builds of Vegas 19. Maybe this is the problem?

Jøran Toresen

ernie-tamminga wrote on 3/16/2023, 12:50 PM

Thanks some more. Could be Windows... it did do an "update" yesterday morning.

My problem wasn't that Vegas stopped working -- it still worked, but Ultimate S stopped working properly within it. I'm willing to blame that on Windows...

Do y'all know of any plugin, or method, to erase all the markers in a project, the way Ultimate S used to let me do?

I tend to put in lots of "edited to here" markers in my project as I edit, and save my project lots of times, to protect myself in case Vegas crashes, which it does not often but not never.

john_dennis wrote on 3/16/2023, 1:21 PM

@ernie-tamminga said: "Do y'all know of any plugin, or method, to erase all the markers in a project, the way Ultimate S used to let me do?"

jetdv wrote on 3/16/2023, 2:40 PM

You can always write your own:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_dUxRdFcIr-dyEPtS8zA-aPyjrO_u5ul

m3lquixd wrote on 3/16/2023, 4:04 PM

To delete all markers I do this. I think it's pretty fast.

About me:
Hi! Melqui Calheiros Here. I've been using Vegas as my only video editor for over 10 years. I edit professionally for various influencers, public bodies and small businesses. My goal is to squeeze Vegas to the fullest! And end the prejudice that software has here in Brazil.

⬇️ Some of my jobs. ⬇️
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/post-your-vegas-creations--109464/?page=37#ca872169

PC Specs:
Operating System:
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
CPU:
    AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.60 GHz
RAM:
    32,0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 2666MHz
Motherboard:
    BIOSTAR Group B450MX-S (AM4)
Graphics:
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (ZOTAC International)
Storage:
    465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA )
    238GB Lexar 256GB SSD (SATA (SSD))
  931GB KINGSTON SNV2S1000G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Illusion wrote on 3/16/2023, 5:35 PM

@ernie-tamminga said: "Do y'all know of any plugin, or method, to erase all the markers in a project, the way Ultimate S used to let me do?"

Edit Details, one of the most underrated tool of Vegas. I have Edit Details window as part of my default layout. Useful to so many tasks.

• ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
  • Ryzen 9 3900x 12-core
  • 128GB RAM (4x32GB)
  • Nvidia RTX 2070 8GDDR6
  • 1TB WD Black NVMe M.2 for OS/Prog
  • 1TB WD Black NVMe M.2 for Media
  • 1TB/2TB/4TB SATA3 SSDs for projects/media
  • 4TB WD Red drive for local cache
  • 10TB EXOS Enterprise, 14TB Toshiba drive for local cache
  • 32in 4K main monitor, 24in 1080 second
  • Win 11 Pro
  • 28TB NAS for long term archive storage
  • Sony a6000
  • Sony A7C
  • GoPro Hero 8
  • GoPro Hero 11
  • Sony BRAVIA XR X90J 75" 4K HDR10
  • Nvidia Shield TV Pro media player (GigE wired)
  • JBL Bar 5.1

Rich Parry wrote on 3/18/2023, 8:10 PM

UltimateS4 4.2.1 fails to install on VP20 B326, see failure notice. Any suggestions?

CPU Intel i9-13900K Raptor Lake

Heat Sink Noctua  NH-D15 chromas, Black

MB ASUS ProArt Z790 Creator WiFi

OS Drive Samsung 990 PRO  NVME M.2 SSD 1TB

Data Drive Samsung 870 EVO SATA 4TB

Backup Drive Samsung 870 EVO SATA 4TB

RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB

GPU ASUS NVDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Case Fractal Torrent Black E-ATX

PSU Corsair HX1000i 80 Plus Platinum

OS MicroSoft Windows 11 Pro

Rich in San Diego, CA

J-Toresen wrote on 3/19/2023, 7:08 AM

@Rich Parry

Se my comment above.

Jøran Toresen

Rich Parry wrote on 3/19/2023, 12:31 PM

I should have been more clear. I claim UltimateS4 works perfectly well under VP20 B326, I have two PCs with this configuration, they work well. The problem is "installing" UltimateS4 on a brand new PC, it won't install. To repeat myself, the problem is NOT that UltimateS4 does not work on VP20, the problem is "installing it"

Rich in San Diego, CA

EricLNZ wrote on 3/19/2023, 5:36 PM

@Rich Parry Is your new PC Win 11? I'm not suggesting that's the cause but I wonder.

Rich Parry wrote on 3/19/2023, 7:50 PM

@Rich Parry Is your new PC Win 11? I'm not suggesting that's the cause but I wonder.

Yes, the machine that won't allow me to install Ultimate4S is a brand new (2 weeks old) Windows 11 machine. All 3 of my machines run W11. On my machines where U4S was previously installed (years ago), U4S works perfectly with VP20 B326. The problem is I can't install U4S on a new machine.

Rich in San Diego, CA

vkmast wrote on 3/20/2023, 3:51 AM

@Rich Parry maybe @JohnnyRoy from VASST knows why? Try ultimatesupport@vasst.com

JohnnyRoy wrote on 3/20/2023, 7:18 AM

@vkmast Thanks for mentioning me. 😀 The reason Ultimate S Pro will not install with Vegas Pro 19 and 20 is because MAGIX renamed many plugins in Vegas Pro 19 which caused some of the functionality in US Pro to stop working. In particular the Script API requires plugins to be applied by name, and MAGIX changed the name of all of the plugins that had "Sony" in the name. So Ultimate S Pro does not work when any plugin needs to be applied because it can no longer find the Sony plugins. There is a fair amount of breakage on several tabs. For this reason, I never enabled the installers to work with Vegas Pro 19 or 20.

Having said that, I am looking into updating Ultimate S Pro to work with the new plugin names but the changes are extensive because US Pro packages a lot of presets and all of the presets need to be changed as well. If I do the work, I cannot offer this for free as I have in the past. It will need to be a paid upgrade because it's not a trivial change. I'm currently looking into how long this will take and if people are interested in paying for the upgrade.

@ernie-tamminga VASST Marker Maker has the capability of creating and deleting markers just like US Pro does. Also VASST Marker Editor works for converting and manipulating markers and both are very reasonable priced. Many of the capabilities of US Pro are also offered as FASST APPS because sometimes you just need one function and don't want to buy a large plugin with capabilities that you don't need.

@Rich Parry Maybe things are working for you because you still have the old plugin names from previous installations of Vegas Pro? For example, the entire MotoFoto tab doesn't work because it wants to apply a "Sony Border" to the images and there is no longer any plugin with "Sony" in the name so it fails. This is why I didn't update the installer. There is lots of breakage like this. 😞

ernie-tamminga wrote on 3/20/2023, 10:25 AM

Thanks, @JohnnyRoy

Turns out I already have Marker Maker - jus hadn’t used it in a while because I also have Ultimate S. Will my Marker Maker installer work in Vegas Pro 20? The info on the VASST site says it works through Vegas 19.

Rich Parry wrote on 3/20/2023, 5:31 PM

@JohnnyRoy Thank you for your reply and explanation. To be honest, I only tested one of the "tabs" (functionality) of U4S under VP20, so although I said it worked, based on your reply, it sounds like I would eventually find problems with U4S under VP20 if I did more testing.

While I used U4S constantly for many years, I've used it less and less in recent years, so I will just thank you for a great product that I found useful, I don't think I could encourage you to update U4S for my needs. In recent years I've started to use other tools and pre-made professional templates.

Thank you,

Rich in San Diego, CA

JohnnyRoy wrote on 3/21/2023, 7:25 AM

@ernie-tamminga I need to update the FASST APP installers for Vegas Pro 20. They only recognize up to Vegas 19. I will do some testing and get that done this weekend.

@Rich Parry Thanks for the honest feedback. That will help me evaluate if the effort is worth it.

Thank you both.