VEGAS DVD Architect Update 3 (build 100) - General Discussion

Comments

matthias-krutz wrote on 3/12/2019, 5:50 AM

A WAV file can be added as background audio in menus and it will also play correctly. I think the bug is fixed.

Joelson-Forte wrote on 3/14/2019, 12:38 PM

Dvd Architect should have support for Blu-ray pop-up menus. This is the only resource I really miss. Unfortunately when I need this feature I have to use Adobe Encore. Maybe the development team will someday look at that question. It does not hurt to hope.

Shadow wrote on 3/24/2019, 10:17 AM

Unfortunately the DVD subtitle bug has still not been fixed: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/dvd-architect-subtitle-stays-on-screen--111244/

arthur7 wrote on 3/27/2019, 9:42 AM

Well, does it or not support m-disc bluray of 50and 100 Gb disc? Also can it produce 4K bluray disc?

merlin-beedell wrote on 4/3/2019, 8:01 AM

When I click the link to download (VEGAS_DVD_Architect_7.0.0.100_INT_x86.exe), my browser says the File's Signature is not valid. Then when I ran it, after some appropriate Initialisation graphics - it failed.
First time it indicated that a required cab file could not be found. My previous install is now not available.
Second time it said: "The cabinet file 'DVDA70_help.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used...".
I'll try downloading this release again.

And 3rd download says:
Source file not found: C:/users/mbeedell/AppData/Local/temp/SonyInstall_2/dvdarch70/sonyinstall_x86.dll

4th attempt - this time run from the Browser's Download list -> Run button. And IT COMPLETED! Weird or what?
- it still says the "The signature of <installer file> is corrupt or invalid."

"SonyInstall" - oh the good old days!

john-baker wrote on 4/3/2019, 9:15 AM

@merlin-beedell

Hi

Were you using Edge to download the installer file? If so this is/has been a common issue with Edge, I still have issues with running Edge despite trying all the 'fixes'.

I updated and installed with no issues yesterday using Firefox Quantum 66.0.2 (64bit) to download the installer.

HTH

John EB

PeterGatz-Birle wrote on 4/5/2019, 9:52 AM

I have some suggestios for Magix, to improve DVDA:
- A way to select a stronger border of BD subtitles. Actually it´s so thin, that you cannot see any border on the subtitles and cannot read in some scenes;

- When I play a DVD-Video authored on DVDA 6.0, in a LG or Philips BD player, the subtitles doesn´t go out and stay on screen until the next subtitle. I solve this problem, creating a black subtitle after any long subtitle, but it blinks before go out. That´s a big bug to solve;

- Optimize the BD build, that takes to much time to finish. Sometimes it take more time building a BD, than rendering the video on Vegas Pro :) ;

- Sometimes, in DVD-Video authrored, you select the END ACTION to go to a Playlist, but it doesn´t go, in some players.

Sorry about my poor English and thanks,

Peter

Shadow wrote on 4/6/2019, 8:17 PM

- When I play a DVD-Video authored on DVDA 6.0, in a LG or Philips BD player, the subtitles doesn´t go out and stay on screen until the next subtitle. I solve this problem, creating a black subtitle after any long subtitle, but it blinks before go out. That´s a big bug to solve;

As this bug has been around way too long, I doubt that Magix has any interest in ever solving this issue which makes DVDA pretty useless for DVDs with subtitles:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/dvd-architect-subtitle-stays-on-screen--111244/

mintyslippers wrote on 4/22/2019, 9:32 AM

Bug: Does not support AVC videos with a max bitrate of 40,000,000 or more... Which is the default that the MAGIX AVC format renders out in Vegas. Whoops!

Lowering the max bitrate in vegas to 39,000,000 or lower works fine. Not sure if DVDA needs to support this or if the Vegas boys need to change their templates to something lower.

gerdagerd wrote on 4/23/2019, 12:01 PM

Thanks for the unexpected update.
Sadly, the multi angle project preparation still crashes.
"DVDA stopped working..."

patrick-fitzgerald wrote on 4/25/2019, 8:47 PM

Thanks for the update. I see it is still limited to HD. Will you be adding 4K in the future? All my projects are now created using 4K and it would be great if I could burn to Blu-Ray. Right now I cannot use it.

ronald-e wrote on 5/7/2019, 3:36 PM

I use DVDArchitect a lot but would love it to prepare Bluray a lot faster. I have a Threadripper 1920 with 32G RAM and a 1080Ti GPU with 11G RAM. Currently using 5% CPU and 6% GPU and taking forever.

mintyslippers wrote on 5/9/2019, 1:46 PM

I use DVDArchitect a lot but would love it to prepare Bluray a lot faster. I have a Threadripper 1920 with 32G RAM and a 1080Ti GPU with 11G RAM. Currently using 5% CPU and 6% GPU and taking forever.

I doubt this will change any time soon. It's been an inneficient piece of software for all of time.

EricLNZ wrote on 5/18/2019, 6:15 AM

DVDA is only 32 bit software. I suspect with disc burning declining we may not get a 64 bit version?