Vegas Pro 16 + 17 upgrade offer

vkmast wrote on 7/4/2019, 2:49 AM

All purchase options here https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro/ (or your territory's version of that URL, including "de", "gb", "ca", "int" etc.) Scroll towards the end of that page to see some more info on this "Exclusive Offer".

Comments

Former user wrote on 7/4/2019, 4:59 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if Magix will do anything about the poor rollout last year where the last people to get their licence email were the ones, myself included, that went for 15+16?

GPU accelerated decoding for AVC and HEVC”

One of the new VP17 features ... I know that VP16 has HW encoding of these formats, so obviously it hadn’t got hw decoding. So maybe this will improve playback?

mintyslippers wrote on 7/4/2019, 5:22 AM

Is that only valid for keys bought now? I purchased mine about a month ago.

vkmast wrote on 7/4/2019, 5:45 AM

You should probably ask using https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/request or infoservice@magix.net.

john-brown wrote on 7/4/2019, 8:25 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if Magix will do anything about the poor rollout last year where the last people to get their licence email were the ones, myself included, that went for 15+16?

@Former user

I received the pop-up message when I booted my computer this morning. The message popped up because I have Magix Connect operating. If you removed Magix Connect or disabled pop-up for Vegas, you won't get the message.

Interestingly, the previous pop-ups were offering an upgrade to Pro 16 Edit and Pro 16 plus a plugin for 149USD and 199USD respectively. The price has gone up, I guess, to cover version 17.

vkmast wrote on 7/4/2019, 8:39 AM

@john-brown this was indeed the previous offer that just expired.

Former user wrote on 7/4/2019, 9:10 AM

@john-brown Same price, I paid €249 last year for 15+16 deal.

CrespoFTW wrote on 7/4/2019, 10:53 AM

I got the pop up but thought it wasn't real. I haven't any news of Vegas Pro 17 til today

I got Vegas Pro 16 already, is this the upgrade for 17? (august) or should I wait until august and then upgrade

vkmast wrote on 7/4/2019, 11:06 AM

As you already have Vegas Pro 16, you should probably wait for the actual release of Vegas Pro 17 to upgrade, unless you want to purchase a second license for v.16 and get the license for v.17 as per this offer. There may or may not be (in a year or so) a similar "buy v.17 and get v.18 for free" offer if you'd rather wait. Disclaimer: I do not have any knowledge of future offers.

CrespoFTW wrote on 7/4/2019, 11:16 AM

@vkmast I really hope the upgrade price is the same when August does come around. I can't wait to try some new GPU decoding also AMD Ryzen 3000 about to launch.

A lot of great news this month

kaz wrote on 7/5/2019, 8:15 AM

I don't know what Magix thinks - but their marketing is very misleading.

Upgrade to v16 and get a free v17 it says and save GBP 999,-

Text:

Valid until July 9, 2019 £350 discount Included as part of this offer:

Includes VEGAS Pro 17 Suite (£649 value)

 

But all their marketing is misleading. I have not seen at a single point this year where their products have actually sold / been advertised for the SRP.

That is a grande violation of EU sales and marketing law about before/after sale prices and offers.

Neither the discounts mentioned or the "upgrade" cost are the real "sold for" prices.

But I would not worry - their prices are always discounted so do not take any mention of SRP as valid.

Wolfgang S. wrote on 7/5/2019, 9:31 AM

I know a lot of companies which do not care about the SRP/UVP. Also within the EU. Simply because the market price is what counts really.

Beside that we do not know anything about later upgrade prices for sure by now. Maybe we can use the past as an indication, but nobody knows that for sure.

Kinvermark wrote on 7/5/2019, 10:13 AM

+1. Allways "caveat emptor." Everywhere, all the time. If you don't look after your own side of a deal, you will eventually come out on the losing end even with honest and reputable commercial partners.

That being said, I do think Magix could "dial down" the soft push marketing a bit. Some of the numbers are absurd.

 

andyrpsmith wrote on 7/5/2019, 10:14 AM

I've gone for it. I was going to miss V16 and just go 17 but having both for £149 is fine by me.

Former user wrote on 7/6/2019, 8:34 AM

@vkmast

I went for it too. I mentioned this in the very long thread re: Vegas Pro price watch, is there a limit of only 1 install on the “Boris FX Continuum Lights Unit" ?

vkmast wrote on 7/6/2019, 10:30 AM

@Former user please see in the other thread.

Former user wrote on 7/6/2019, 11:54 AM

@vkmast Thanks for that, only 1 PC use. I had already checked their FAQ etc but couldn’t find anything definitive.

Former user wrote on 7/6/2019, 3:11 PM

Hello,

I have Vegas Pro 15 at present and was looking at upgrading to Vegas Pro 16 with the 17 offer. Should I get this offer now, or wait until Vegas Pro 17 is released?

 

vkmast wrote on 7/6/2019, 3:27 PM

It is unlikely that this offer will be extended to last up to the release date of the new version.

Former user wrote on 7/6/2019, 3:47 PM

Thanks vkmast for the reply, so I should go for this offer now instead of waiting?

vkmast wrote on 7/6/2019, 3:54 PM

If you want to be on the safe side. I don't know for how long this offer will be extended.

Former user wrote on 7/6/2019, 4:20 PM

Thanks for this, may just go for this offer and hope that 17 is not offered at a cheaper price to upgrade.

 

vkmast wrote on 7/6/2019, 4:34 PM

Vegas Pro 16 launch prices and a couple of weeks later.

DesertSweeper wrote on 7/7/2019, 4:02 AM

Anyone know what else v17 brings to the party? v16 was not enough to tempt me from v15

vkmast wrote on 7/7/2019, 4:10 AM

Look out for any pre-release info from the Vegas team who are the only ones that can actually tell.