Instructions for the reactivation of your old SCS Forum Account

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 8/23/2016, 8:56 AM

Hi everybody,

as already announced at magix.info, we'd like to give you the option to continue using your existing accounts.

Here's how it works. Register at vegascreativesoftware.info. As soon as you have entered your first name and surname, you'll be assigned a temporary username. Please do not change this username. You will get your normal SCS username back afterwards. Next, enter the email address you use to register with the SCS forum.

Go to your email inbox. You should see a welcome email with a confirmation link. Click on the link and login into the VEGAS Community. You'll then be automatically redirected to your old account and will get your old username back, along with all your threads and comments.

Here's a little TL;DR

• Register with the new VEGAS Community
    • Use generated username temporarily
    • Enter old email address
  • Receive welcome email
  • Click activation link
  • Access your migrated account

Edit: Be aware that accounts without posts have not been migrated.

Best regards,

Mathias

Comments

vkmast wrote on 8/23/2016, 11:39 AM

I can't log-in with the temporary user name and restore profile.

m2016 wrote on 8/23/2016, 11:45 AM

Did you receive the welcome mail after the registration? You'll find a restore button in that mail...

vi.-p wrote on 8/23/2016, 11:55 AM

I am an existing user too, tried registering using my existing email, but it says that the email already is registered.
I have tried the forgotten password option, the forum says that it has send me a new password option.

But nothing comes in, checked my junk box too.
I have registered this account using another email then confirmation did come in via email.

How can I use my previous account? How do I contact support? Do you have chat support like Sony did before?

vkmast wrote on 8/23/2016, 11:55 AM

The button started working only now, before it just took me back to register. Seems OK now, thanks:)

m2016 wrote on 8/23/2016, 12:04 PM

@vi.-p: Please take a look into your private message box here.

vi.-p wrote on 8/23/2016, 12:14 PM

Thank you for your reply, I have replied there.

kplo wrote on 8/23/2016, 1:04 PM

Pop up screen said I was registered, but never received email.

m2016 wrote on 8/23/2016, 1:06 PM

@ken-p: please take a look in your spam folder

Former user wrote on 8/23/2016, 1:16 PM

Here the same.

No confirmation email and no mail after the attempt to reset the password

m2016 wrote on 8/23/2016, 1:42 PM

Please try to use the password reset function again. You should get your link now.

FoskeyMedia wrote on 8/23/2016, 2:00 PM

What is TDLR ???

ushere wrote on 8/23/2016, 7:19 PM

well that was painless, thank you magix 😌

D7K wrote on 8/23/2016, 8:40 PM

Worked For Me

paul_w wrote on 8/24/2016, 4:18 AM

No issues here at all. All posts imported from the click button within the email. Good job.

BuzzDee wrote on 8/24/2016, 7:06 AM

thanks a lot.

Former user wrote on 8/24/2016, 9:09 AM

The link for the last post ( wrong language, see arrow to pop-up on screenshot) does not work en brings me every time to the first post in stead of the last.

amendegw wrote on 8/24/2016, 7:29 PM

Hmmm... I've done something wrong. I was assigned nickname "jerry-amende".  Can't seem to migrate my old account "amendegw".  What to do?

...Jerry

System Model: Alienware Area-51m R2
System: Windows 11 Home
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Memory: 64.0 GB
Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (8GB), Nvidia Studio Driver 527.56 Dec 2022)
Overclock Off

Display: 1920x1080 144 hertz
Storage (12TB Total):
OS Drive: PM981a NVMe SAMSUNG 2048GB
Data Drive1: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
Data Drive2: Samsung SSD 870 QVO 8TB

USB: Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) port Supports USB 3.2 Gen 2, DisplayPort 1.2, Thunderbolt 3

Cameras:
Canon R5
Canon R3
Sony A9

PeterDuke wrote on 8/24/2016, 9:21 PM

The migration process is a bit more involved if you already have a Magix account. I got a bit tangled up with what password to use at times: the password when I created the account with the dummy username a la these instructions, the password of my old SCS account or the password of my old Magix account. I presume the Magix account and the forum account are now combined.

PeterDuke wrote on 8/24/2016, 9:32 PM

Jerry's problem could be fixed if there were a link to the user's personal details, but I can't see such a link here. I did see my details during my stumbles earlier on because I changed my password so that I knew what it was for sure. Maybe it was on the Magix web site.

Edit

No, it is not as simple as changing personal details. I just noticed an old post by amendegw so there are currently two accounts for Jerry.

Martin L wrote on 8/25/2016, 5:13 AM

Worked fine here! I'm in!

BuzzDee wrote on 8/25/2016, 8:27 AM

@jerry-amende: pls check your message inbox

BruceUSA wrote on 8/25/2016, 11:29 AM

The migration process is a bit more involved if you already have a Magix account. I got a bit tangled up with what password to use at times: the password when I created the account with the dummy username a la these instructions, the password of my old SCS account or the password of my old Magix account. I presume the Magix account and the forum account are now combined.

A big thank you to PeterDuke.  I was having problem for the last few days trying to register and move over my SONY Account over to Magix but with no luck.  The instruction to to activate SONY account were confusing.  For example,  I enter my first and last name,  It generated a temp name.  I then enter my email address and created a password and I click register and its failed, saying my email is already exist.  I am thinking maybe because I already previously registered with Magix and have been using the same email account.   So I got stuck.  I contacted support, basely, they gave the same instruction were post here.  But never they never mentioned you have to use your Magix forum account password to activate your SONY account over to Magix.   After reading PeterDuke post,  I was able to sucessfully activated and restores my SONY account.  Man we have many amazing people in the vegas community here always like to share knowledge.  That is why I like Vegas forum so much.

Bruce

Intel i7 12700k @5.2Ghz all P Cores, 5.3@ 6 Core, Turbo boost 3 Cores @5.4Ghz. 4.1Ghz All E Cores.                                          

MSI Z690 MPG Edge DDR5 Wifi                                                     

TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 32GB DDR5 -6200                     

Samsung 980 Pro x4 Nvme .M2 1tb Pcie Gen 4                                     

ASRock RX 6900XT Phantom 16GB                                                        

PSU Eva Supernova G2 1300w                                                     

Black Ice GTX 480mm radiator top mount push/pull                    

MCP35X dual pump w/ dual pump housing.                                

Corsair RGB water block. RGB Fan thru out                           

Phanteks Enthoo full tower

Windows 11 Pro

amendegw wrote on 8/25/2016, 11:35 AM

@Buzzdee, Thanks so much whatever you did works like a champ!

...Jerry

System Model: Alienware Area-51m R2
System: Windows 11 Home
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Memory: 64.0 GB
Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (8GB), Nvidia Studio Driver 527.56 Dec 2022)
Overclock Off

Display: 1920x1080 144 hertz
Storage (12TB Total):
OS Drive: PM981a NVMe SAMSUNG 2048GB
Data Drive1: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
Data Drive2: Samsung SSD 870 QVO 8TB

USB: Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) port Supports USB 3.2 Gen 2, DisplayPort 1.2, Thunderbolt 3

Cameras:
Canon R5
Canon R3
Sony A9

kplo wrote on 8/25/2016, 12:16 PM

I never received the welcome email. No, it was not in my spam folder. The name ken-p is the temporary name that showed up when I initially tried to register. I would really like to recover my old account. Can't you send me the welcome email manually?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Ken