Instructions for the reactivation of your old SCS Forum Account

Comments

Selina wrote on 9/20/2016, 3:00 AM

Couldn't be easier... (even for a girl like me 😉) Just follow Mathias' clear instructions above.

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz    32 °C
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
    32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 784MHz (10-10-10-27)
Motherboard
    MSI P67A-G45 (MS-7673) (SOCKET 0)    37 °C
Graphics
    D2342P (1920x1080@60Hz)
    D2342P (1920x1080@60Hz)
    1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (MSI)    36 °C
Storage
    465GB SAMSUNG HD502HJ (SATA )    26 °C
    0B SAMSUNG HD204UI (RAID )
    1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EURS-73TLHY0 (SATA )    28 °C
    953GB Intel Raid 0 Volume (RAID )
    298GB Western Digital WD 3200BEV External USB Device (USB (SATA) )    32 °C
Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30
Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio
  Plantronics Blackwire 3220 Series
  TASCAM US-122L

malew wrote on 9/20/2016, 3:48 AM

Forum's accout migration - OK. This works. But what with personal accout, especially "My software".
But today I loged in SCS account and I don't see my stuff and serial numbers. All Vegas version, all DVD Architect, Soundforge etc. - no information, no links. Where I can find on Magix now?
On Sony I see only Catalyst. So, where are my data now, if not on SCS site?

vkmast wrote on 9/20/2016, 4:07 AM

A good question, hopefully they are "in transit" at least. I still have them showing in "My Software", but I took screengrabs long ago just in case.

Former user wrote on 9/20/2016, 6:07 PM

Okay I have done something wrong. I already had a Magix account and now have a Vegas Creative Software forum account. But all my Vegas software is nowhere to be found (under my Magix or vegas creative accounts).

How can I now get my Sony software moved over?

thanks for any help,
David

Former user wrote on 9/20/2016, 6:08 PM

Opps, sorry forgot to mention, that I have not had any vegas offer emails.

Chanimal wrote on 9/22/2016, 7:40 AM

THANK you Magix for preserving this forum--it was one the Internet's greatest assets (been a member for 14 years--since 2002). It has always been place to find prior connections, a repository of editing wealth that is unequaled and a thriving community that I always hold up as a gold standard with the high tech companies I consult with. Glad you were able to negotiate it's continuence as part of the acquisition.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Ted Finch
Chanimal.com

Windows 11 Pro, i9 (10850k - 20 logical cores), Corsair water-cooled, MSI Gaming Plus motherboard, 64 GB Corsair RAM, 4 Samsung Pro SSD drives (1 GB, 2 GB, 2 GB and 4 GB), AMD video Radeo RX 580, 4 Dell HD monitors.Canon 80d DSL camera with Rhode mic, Zoom H4 mic. Vegas Pro 21 Edit (user since Vegas 2.0), Camtasia (latest), JumpBacks, etc.

BuzzDee wrote on 9/22/2016, 8:23 AM

Your Sony-Software / Serials should still be available at your Sony Account. 

They will be moved to Magix soon (in a few weeks). If you cant find your Software @ Sony then this is a Sony-Website Problem which we have no influence on.

Last changed by m2016 on 9/22/2016, 8:49 AM, changed a total of 3 times.

Reason: ---

Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?
(The Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Zulqar_Cheema wrote on 9/22/2016, 10:41 AM

Nothing at all here (as per Kplo above), had enough trouble getting in here usin the register, fiif not take the email I used for Pro 14 registration

malew wrote on 9/23/2016, 8:26 AM

I don't know - somebody from admin helped me, or it was a simble bug during moved data from SCS to Magix - but everything back to My Account. I see all mu stuff like previous. I would like to thanks to do-not-know-who person who solved it!👍

nick-h wrote on 9/24/2016, 11:01 AM

nope ive had no welcome emails,not very impressed atm

martin-s wrote on 9/24/2016, 1:44 PM

test

BuzzDee wrote on 9/26/2016, 3:52 AM

@nick-h: we did send you 41 emails so far. your welcome mail plus 40 notifications for new comments in followed posts. can you check your spam folder?

NickHope wrote on 9/26/2016, 7:06 AM

@nick-h: we did send you 41 emails so far. your welcome mail plus 40 notifications for new comments in followed posts. can you check your spam folder?

Forum notifications come from noreply@vegascreativesoftware.info but maybe nick-h is hoping for VEGAS welcome, news and offers emails from news@vegas.magix.net (or whatever address they come from). I haven't had emails any from that address either.

BuzzDee wrote on 9/26/2016, 7:51 AM

the welcome mail sender address is: register@vegascreativesoftware.info

vkmast wrote on 9/26/2016, 8:10 AM

So it was this what was meant by the promised welcome email

That accepted, when can many of us expect to receive the promised news and offers emails, which seem to be sent rather selectively (probably mostly to the U.S.) over the last few months.

TM wrote on 9/26/2016, 11:13 PM

Thanks.... account migration worked perfectly.... cerated new profile with original email, followed link in resulting email, logged in (as directed) with new profile creds, presto....all good.  Wish all vendors were this effective.

xavier-v wrote on 9/27/2016, 7:57 AM

I have registered. I'm told to write a post, here it is!

xavier-v wrote on 9/27/2016, 7:59 AM

When will we get update prices? I may have missed that info, as I'm newly registered, but I own the Vegas Pro 13 suite...

SphinxRa40 wrote on 9/27/2016, 8:07 AM

When will we get update prices? I may have missed that info, as I'm newly registered, but I own the Vegas Pro 13 suite...

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/a-few-clarifications--103723/

https://support2.magix.com/customer/vegas/upgrade

paul777 wrote on 10/3/2016, 11:03 AM

I asked what I thought was a simple question on the 11th September. How can I access my Sony software?. It is now 3rd October and I am *still* no wiser. I don't want to go on the Forum (except to find out how to do the above) but I do want to access my software.

So. I go to SCS where I can still see my software. I click on 'Download' and get diverted to the Vegas site. There is a log-in to software there but it asks for a serial number. I put in one of my Sony serial numbers but get an error message - obviously as the code is now for a Magix product. I cannot 'see' my software anywhere.

If I try to enter my old Sony e-mail and password in the log-in box I get nothing. If I try to enter my original e-mail and re-register it does not allow my original password as it is deemed 'insecure'. So I generate a new one and get a 'no products recognised' message.

By surfing round for about half an hour I get to a page with a link to customer care. Using my old e-mail and new password (I have to) I manage to send a request for help. I get nothing back. I suppose because I do not own Magix supplied software?

Losing the will to live.

amethystina wrote on 10/4/2016, 6:07 AM

I followed the above instructions, but it would not accept my old password as being insecure, so I entered a new one.  I got a post, but there was no restore button to press.  So it appears I am logged in as a new member without any of my existing history.  How do I fix this?

vkmast wrote on 10/4/2016, 6:42 AM

So it appears I am logged in as a new member without any of my existing history.  How do I fix this?

Try to get the attention of a MAGIX employee moderator (black hexagons with an M), with a PM maybe.

BuzzDee wrote on 10/4/2016, 8:45 AM

@giles-m: there is nothing to restore for you. only accounts with posts have been migrated. what exactly are u missing from your old account?