Movie Studio 18 has nothing to do with Vegas Movie Studio

Comments

Dexcon wrote on 7/20/2021, 3:22 AM

@Dr Zenย  ... most unfortunately, it's proving to be more a case of No Go with ScoMo.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

Dr Zen wrote on 7/20/2021, 4:15 AM

@Dr Zenย  ... most unfortunately, it's proving to be more a case of No Go with ScoMo.

LOL ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚
Only Australians will get that joke!!! Good old Scotty from marketing.
The Scotty I'm talking about is the chief engineer for the Starship Enterprise.

Dexcon wrote on 7/20/2021, 8:07 AM

"Beam me up, Scotty!" Oh no! That can't happen at all because it will surely take me more than 5 kms from my locked-down home. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ย + ๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

ALEXANDER-EIGNER wrote on 7/20/2021, 9:24 AM

Pro is just too expensive for me, for the videos I edit. I really enjoyed Movie Studio and I'm sorry to see it go. But for it to happen suddenly with no communication beforehand, no, I'm really not happy with that.

I'm going to bite the bullet and upgrade to pro for one cycle because I like the UX and the features, and once it starts showing it's age I'll start looking for a new affordable consumer video editing software. Hopefully by then the niche will have been filled.

Reyfox wrote on 7/20/2021, 9:28 AM

@ALEXANDER-EIGNERย your copy of VMS is working, yes? What is it that you need in an editor? What is it that you want that will help you? I am still using Microsoft Office 2003. No need for me to upgrade because it does what I want. 2003....

ย 

Last changed by Reyfox on 7/20/2021, 9:30 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Newbie๐Ÿ˜

Vegas Pro 22 (VP18-21 also installed)

Win 11 Pro always updated

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 cores / 32 threads

32GB DDR4 3200

Sapphire RX6700XT 12GB Driver: 22.5.1, testing 24.7.1

Gigabyte X570 Elite Motherboard

ALEXANDER-EIGNER wrote on 7/20/2021, 9:42 AM

@ALEXANDER-EIGNERย your copy of VMS is working, yes? What is it that you need in an editor? What is it that you want that will help you? I am still using Microsoft Office 2003. No need for me to upgrade because it does what I want. 2003....

ย 

What I need in an editor is affordability, and continued development on new features and options (such as the work they did in VMS on slow motion and expanding clips). Both of those are now gone. I used MSFT Office 2010 until just this year when I finally upgraded, I used Adobe CS6 for an incredibly long time before leaving Adobe alltogether due to their new subscription model, and migrating to Serif's Affinity suite.

I use VMS to render videos in 4K, older versions from when I started couldn't do that.
I use VMS with NVENC to render videos faster than my CPU alone could. When I started with VMS, it couldn't do that yet.

This is why I'm choosing to upgrade to pro and explore it's features and enjoy it as long as I can, before some new paradigm comes along.

Reyfox wrote on 7/20/2021, 11:33 AM

Nothing wrong with upgrading to Vegas Pro. I use it and am waiting to see what VP19 brings to the table when it's released.

Everything that you posted is fine. Software does "improve" as time goes on. But not upgrading/updating doesn't make the software obsolete, unless there is a need (not necessarily a "want") to upgrade.

Pro has a LOT to explore and will keep you busy for a long time!

Newbie๐Ÿ˜

32GB DDR4 3200

Juan-Varleta wrote on 7/22/2021, 7:32 AM

That Spanish guy was right on ;). And oh, those beautiful Sennheiser micsโ€ฆ

Dr Zen wrote on 7/22/2021, 7:57 AM

That Spanish guy was right on ;). And oh, those beautiful Sennheiser micsโ€ฆ

@Juan-Varleta
Yes!!! I noticed those Sennheiser mics to. Some of the older industrial designers, really were into form & function.

NOVAdash wrote on 7/22/2021, 1:46 PM

Started up VMS for the first time in a while and was greeted with a pop-up which can only be described as horrifyingly misleading.

That said, back when I was trying out all the movie editors to see which one to learn, Magix Movie Edit was 2nd place. It won over Corel and Adobe's offerings at the time (2010, I think) but wasn't quite as "snappy" as Vegas Movie Studio. One thing I remember it did that's harder to do with Vegas was it had opacity keyframes over the clip in the timeline as well as volume level keyframes (instead of MS's single "all at once" window shade).

FayFen wrote on 7/26/2021, 3:55 AM

It's very strange, 10 days since I wrote http://www.videoaktiv.de/ about the VMS vs MS story and still nothing on their web page.

Dr Zen wrote on 7/26/2021, 4:35 AM

It's very strange, 10 days since I wrote http://www.videoaktiv.de/ about the VMS vs MS story and still nothing on their web page.

@FayFenย I thought the exact same thing yesterday and started writing another message, but then stopped myself before wasting anymore energy. It's completely mystifying beyond all belief.

Reyfox wrote on 7/26/2021, 5:07 AM

Magix is a company in business to make money.... in a couple of months, no one will be writing about this, and life goes on.

Newbie๐Ÿ˜

32GB DDR4 3200

FayFen wrote on 7/26/2021, 5:57 AM

@FayFenย I thought the exact same thing yesterday and started writing another message, but then stopped myself before wasting anymore energy. It's completely mystifying beyond all belief.

I'm following that site for years, thru google translate as my German is just 2 frames better than my Cymraeg. It's a well known site for tests and reviews.

Reyfox wrote on 7/27/2021, 5:47 AM

This is the POST that should have been made before all this happened.

This is also the message that VMS users should have had as the "popup" and email.

True-H wrote on 8/7/2021, 8:10 PM

Since when can a company refuse a refund 24 hours after a purchase ?

I asked for refund less than 2 hours after the purchase and will see what will happen.

To be more accurate I wanted a refund just a few minutes after trying the software but did not manage to get their email until about 2 hours later because Magix make it super hard to contact them.

True-H wrote on 8/9/2021, 1:27 PM

Yesterday I sent this email to Magix

Today I get this nonsense reply which also indirectly decline my request for refund

ย 

clearly magix has no intention to fix their mistake and continue to mislead more people ๐Ÿคฌ

True-H wrote on 8/12/2021, 11:32 AM

Seems magix started to realize the scandal and feel the heat after i sent them very harsh email exposing their intentions and dirty scam so they sent reply and said they canceld my order and refunded me but truly damage already done as i am still mad and don't trust them anymore . It is not about the money it is about the ethics which i take very seriously and they clearly lacks as it showed in their initial replais and in their deceptioned behaviors

also I don't know if they are refunding everyone or just me because i asked for refund 2 hours later I dont know

now i am hesitated not sure if i will abandoned vegas or not but will continue learning resolve anyway and see what happens in future with vegas 19

my son will continue using vms 17 after i uninstalled ms 18 which me and my son bothe hated it

ย 

vkmast wrote on 8/12/2021, 11:56 AM

@True-Hย thanks for reporting that you did get the refund. Maybe now is the time for you to calm down and stop posting multiple comments on this topic.

True-H wrote on 8/12/2021, 12:39 PM

@True-Hย thanks for reporting that you did get the refund. Maybe now is the time for you to calm down and stop posting multiple comments on this topic.

truly I am still mad but I am also following the CR and did not post multiple comments on this topic only once here

vkmast wrote on 8/12/2021, 1:09 PM

@True-H The "refund" was the topic that you have posted multiple comments on. CR #3 defines "cross posting"โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ as "spreading around the same entry in multiple categories" (as you were advised here.)

True-H wrote on 8/12/2021, 1:29 PM

@True-H The "refund" was the topic that you have posted multiple comments on. CR #3 defines "cross posting" as "spreading around the same entry in multiple categories" (as you were advised here.)

yes that was before and i told you above that i am not posting multiple comments on this topic meaning that was history

K_T wrote on 9/8/2021, 8:56 PM
And if this new Movie Studio is still not to your liking, know that the VEGAS team is still here and we have been working on plans to make entry into the VEGAS Pro universe a little easier for people as well.

A little easier entry would be welcome. I've been fighting with MAGIX as they won't refund my upgrade payment for MSP17 which (without telling the customers) doesn't handle ProRes. I've returned to my MSP15 which does, but there's no way i want anything to do with their fake MSP18.

I suggested either a refund, or keep the money and upgrade me into an older Vegas 17 or 18 instead. in other words, keep a client who will upgrade Vegas over the years, or lose a customer. their answer: no refund, and use Handbrake to change the files for MSP17. pure corporate stupidity.

they duped me into upgrading to MSP17 which was no upgrade for me, and are duping everyone else with the fake MSP18 bait-and-switch. it's a corrupt management which means watch out for more sleaze in the future!

RoDin wrote on 10/1/2021, 12:49 PM

I think discontinuing vegas movie studio and using movie edit instead was a big mistake. Worse was trying to deceive customers by presenting the product as if it were an upgrade from vegas movie studio. ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ‘Ž