[Release] VEGAS Pro 16 – Powerful video production & audio editing

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 8/27/2018, 1:37 AM

Dear community

Today is the day: VEGAS Pro 16 is here!  

We believe in VEGAS Pro. That's why, over the past year, we have released six free updates which have included more than 20 new features and 100 bug fixes.  

We want VEGAS Pro to be the best video editing software ever. As you can see from this year's patch notes, we are continuing to invest heavily in VEGAS Pro and we will keep updating the software to make it better and better!

We are particularly proud of our highlights this year:

• Motion Tracking
  • Storyboarding 
  • HDR support

We read and collect user feedback. We always keep an eye on the community and we appreciate all of the feedback we get. So, please tell us what you think about the new version!  

Finally, in the upcoming weeks, look for more VEGAS Pro tutorials on our YouTube Channel.  

Here the full list of new features & bug fixes:

New Features

• Video stabilization has been completely redeveloped in house to provide far better stabilization results
  • Motion tracking enables the user to follow the motion of on-screen objects and apply video FX and filters to the moving area
  • Bezier Masking OFX plug-in provides complete flexibility in creating multiple masks with simple to complex shapes, apply masks to the media or video FX, and use a motion track to have the mask follow selected objects in the video
  • Project Media thumbnails now feature hover scrub so you can easily review media files without first adding them to the timeline or Trimmer
  • The user can mark in and out points on each clip in the Project Media window, then preview just the material between the two points and add just that material to the timeline
  • In and out points can be marked separately on the same media in different bins–especially important in the new storyboard bins
  • Project Media thumbnails can now be resized in order to see more detail in the thumbnail
  • You can now preview multiple files sequentially in the Project Media window (including the new storyboard bins) either by selecting no files (in which case they will all preview one after the other) or by selecting specific files (in which case, just those files will preview)
  • Significant workflow improvements have been added to the Project Media bin system in the Project Media window
  • You can now drag a project media bin (including the new Storyboard bins) to the timeline to add all of the contents of that bin sequentially to the timeline
  • More logically centralized tools for adding media to your project through the Project Media window
  • Quick Start dashboard provides quick access to major workflow operations
  • Added color swatches to the Device Preferences to provide a visual indication of the Interface Type preference
  • Tiny Planet OFX plug-in for creative treatment of regular and 360 footage
  • You can now easily add a missing audio or video stream back to your project automatically synchronized and grouped with its partner stream
  • A button has been added to the Render As dialog box to instantly set the render to location to match the project file location
  • Robust auto-save and backup options have been added so the user can specify how often they want their project saved or backups created
  • The user can generate automatic subtitle events on a new subtitle track from TXT and CSV files, including support for timecode in and out information in a CSV file so that the subtitles end up in the exact desired position
  • A new menu item allows the user to remove gaps between selected events
  • The user has an option to export HDR metadata in HEVC 32 bit projects which can then be ready by sites such as YouTube

Bug Fixes

• Multiple project media bin bugs have been resolved
  • Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y functionality has been restored in the tree view of the Project Media window
  • RAM usage is now managed properly and efficiently in complex projects
  • Double-clicking on a media generator thumbnail now properly adds the generator to the timeline
  • You can now properly directly access the context menu for Text parameter keyframes and keyframes properly receive focus in all click cases
  • A blank window no longer appears when the "Swap for" folder contains no compatible files
  • Non-functional Help button no longer appears in Edit Visible Button Set dialog box
  • VEGAS no longer crashes when a group track is removed via scripting
  • The Render As dialog has been refined so that it no longer shows incorrect options of some file formats
  • Export to Media Composer/Pro Tools AAF no longer fails when the video track contains a still image
  • Export to Davinci Resolve now delivers tracks in the proper order
  • The Video scopes now properly reflect ACES color-managed output
  • The Render As dialog no longer becomes hidden in certain circumstances
  • The Internet HD 720p 29.97 fps (AMD VCE) template for the MAGIX AVC/AAC MP4 file format now correctly renders at 29.97 fps as expected
  • For scripting, the ExpandTrackGroup method in the TrackGroup class no longer incorrectly collapses a group if it already expanded
  • The LUT filter and other OFX plug-ins now properly recognize special characters in folder names

Best Regards,
The VEGAS Pro team

Comments

iEmby wrote on 8/27/2018, 1:59 AM

wow.... everything is ok & awesome VEGAS Creators. Many of my problems solved & bugs gone. Some new changes & updates makes me very excited to upgraded soon... .. only one thing there I disappointed about... VEGAS Pro 16 have same interface as VEGAS Pro 15... its look like VEGAS Pro 15 Get Updated... please do something on its interface on new updates of VEGAS 16.. I was expecting like something like this in interface..

I Want Our VEGAS Pro Cross Our Expectations..

over all your hardwork & creativity will give u back all good results.

thankyou

PROCESSOR

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (Always Updated)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 (20 CPUs), ~2.1GHz - 4.90GHz
Memory: 32GB RAM
Page File: 11134MB used, 7934MB Available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

-----------------------------------------------

MOTHERBOARD

ASUS PRIME H610-CS D4
Intel® H610 (LGA 1700)
Ready for 12th Gen Intel® Processors
Micro-ATX Motherboard with DDR4
Realtek 1 Gb Ethernet
PCH Heatsink
PCIe 4.0 | M.2 slot (32Gbps) 
HDMI® | D-Sub | USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
SATA 6 Gbps | COM header
LPT header | TPM header
Luminous Anti-Moisture Coating
5X Protection III
(Multiple Hardware Safeguards
For all-round protection)

EXTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD

INTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD (iGPU)

------------------------------------------------

LED - MONITOR

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP 22es
Monitor Id: HWP331B
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

STORAGE DRIVE

Drive: C:
Free Space: 182.3 GB
Total Space: 253.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WD Blue SN570 1TB (NVMe)

---------------O----------------

My System Info (PDF File).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-eoLmuXzshTRH_8RunAYAuNocKpiLoiV&usp=drive_fs

Also Check

Updated BATCH RENDER Script By ME.

https://mega.nz/file/mzw1HSxT#gWBFezeBIo8PclJAaQhjSDJ5qjYSRl02Ij9gnpB_yAw

My YouTube Channel Dedicated to Only VEGAS Pro Tutorials

http://www.youtube.com/@editroom1580

Rell_Ent wrote on 8/27/2018, 4:31 AM

Thanks, and me too!!

We want VEGAS Pro to be the best video editing software ever.

Marcin wrote on 8/27/2018, 4:57 AM

Where is NewBlueFX Titler Pro in Vegas pro suite?

vkmast wrote on 8/27/2018, 5:04 AM

I see no mention of NewBlueFX Titler Pro in the Vegas Pro 16 product pages including the comparison table.

karma17 wrote on 8/27/2018, 5:41 AM

It is so awesome to see so much work being put into the program. It is getting better and better with every version and less and less of a need to use any other program. To me, it looks sleeker and more streamlined. Still checking out all it can do, but so far no glitches and I love the auto-tracking. For me, it is the difference between getting water from a tap versus going down to the river with a bucket. A big step-up IMHO.

DeTomasi wrote on 8/27/2018, 8:13 AM

Motion trackin is just for filters and effects? Can I place an object and track the motion like on a moving drone footage?

Marco. wrote on 8/27/2018, 8:27 AM

Yes, it's limited to affect masks only. So the motion-tracked mask could affect lower video tracks or FX.

JesusSheep-1965 wrote on 8/27/2018, 9:11 AM

Mine Crashed on Start.

Marco. wrote on 8/27/2018, 9:56 AM

I find the new »Advanced Save« feature very useful, though it is a bit hidden in the Extras menu. You could choose wether it should save "live" (so every single action you do in your project will trigger a save process) or define a time interval for the saving process.

fhu wrote on 8/27/2018, 9:59 AM

Thank you Vegas dev team. Keep up the great work!

Agree with the first comment re UI looking dated but that's cosmetic and definitely love the feature additions here. Can't wait to test them all out. cheers!

Aiki wrote on 8/27/2018, 10:58 AM

Extensive file backup options

VEGAS Pro 16 features a comprehensive list of file backup options. You can back up your work after a set time (determined in minutes and hours) and keep any number of daily backups. You can automatically save the current project and a backup file after every edit. All backups can be saved to the same folder as the project file, a temporary location, or any user-specified location, and opened anytime you want to return to them.

"Robust auto-save and backup options have been added so the user can specify how often they want their project saved or backups created ''

I searched not found! !

Marco. wrote on 8/27/2018, 11:06 AM

As mentioned in my post above the "Advanced Save" feature is available via the Extras menu.

Former user wrote on 8/27/2018, 11:24 AM

Anyone know when the emails will be sent out for the pre purchases last summer?

brian-smith wrote on 8/27/2018, 11:30 AM

I am specifically looking for close captioning. There is a subtitle feature plug-in mentioned. Is that included and does it produce broadcast level close captioning?

Aiki wrote on 8/27/2018, 11:58 AM

Marco, merci, thank you

Marco. wrote on 8/27/2018, 12:14 PM

"There is a subtitle feature plug-in mentioned. Is that included and does it produce broadcast level close captioning?"

It is included, yes, and it's available via the "Insert" menu. Though it doesn't produce closed captions but it generates a text media event in a new track with the text info of a given subtitle file (TXT or CSV).

kyuhwan-sim wrote on 8/27/2018, 12:58 PM

Do you have plan to support Canon RAW Light format? I really want to come back from Premiere pro!

Pashi wrote on 8/27/2018, 1:28 PM

Ok, let's try this babe) First bug - LUT Filter is not working. And old bug/feature is here - in fullscreen mode until "Press ESC to exit fullscreen mode" disappears video is stuttering.

UPD: LUT filter starts working after reboot.

Marty74 wrote on 8/27/2018, 1:31 PM

"There is a subtitle feature plug-in mentioned. Is that included and does it produce broadcast level close captioning?"

It is included, yes, and it's available via the "Insert" menu. Though it doesn't produce closed captions but it generates a text media event in a new track with the text info of a given subtitle file (TXT or CSV).

can it read and work with .srt file ? what kind of file are accepted with timecode ?

DeTomasi wrote on 8/27/2018, 1:36 PM

Yes, it's limited to affect masks only. So the motion-tracked mask could affect lower video tracks or FX.

Then to track an object I will need the boris plugin right? Or exist another way?

Thank you

Marco. wrote on 8/27/2018, 1:52 PM

"can it read and work with .srt file?"

No, it reads TXT and CSV.

"what kind of file are accepted with timecode ?"

For both TXT and CSV timecode is accepted and used to correctly place the text events over the timeline. It just needs the TXT or CSV file to use the correct text format, e.g. this text format would work fine including the timecode used:

Marco. wrote on 8/27/2018, 1:58 PM

"Then to track an object I will need the boris plugin right? Or exist another way?"

It would need either a tracking plug-in from BorisFX, mocha or a workflow via HitFilm. I'm not (yet) aware of another method used from Vegas Pro. I already tried to copy & paste the position data keyframes of the Vegas internal tracking FX but it won't let me paste the keyframes into any other FX.

This might be something useful to add for upcoming builds/versions.

Fiola wrote on 8/27/2018, 3:52 PM

Unfortunately, my problems still persists ... stuttering of the preview window and random crashes. This is getting ridiculous... :( I was so hyped about this release. We have 6 different machines in our studio, on every machine we have same issues replicated, which I already stated here for VEGAS 15.

I am not upgrading this time until this will be somehow resolved. The reaction in playback during editing needs to be faster. Cannot hanging everytime I play cut.

This is long time issue and I am writing here for so long. I don't understand why is it such hard to tell me what log you need to better address this... I am willing to help. Or give me exact specs and I will build special computer just for VEGAS. Let me know, what I need to buy - exactly each piece of hardware you tested it and it's for editing, and I will do that and want to see that smooth playback you are telling me "you have", because we tried AMD systems, Intel systems, NVIDIA cards, AMD Cards, Intel Graphics Acceleration, without GPU acceleration, I tried different operating systems - different drivers, different RAMs, different drives,...

Fact is that editing on Intel Core i9. GTX 1080 Ti, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVMe 1 TB SSD should be soooo smoooth, but it isn't ...

Even the DEMO PROJECT which opened in Vegas 16 by default is hanging slightly on playback during PREVIEW / HALF.

I can't understand why you are releasing VEGAS 16, when VEGAS 15 is still unfinished, but I understand you need to move further... but be aware, that every time you release new piece of software which is still unstable and you werent able to fix that in previous release, you will have problem with gaining trust in general.

I will be waiting for patch, again ... and again ... because I have no other choice. But I just don't understand... how this can be. Last stable playback / editing was during using VEGAS 14 ... after that ... only problems :(.

Marco. wrote on 8/27/2018, 4:33 PM

"Even the DEMO PROJECT which opened in Vegas 16 by default is hanging slightly on playback during PREVIEW / HALF."

This does not surprise me. Seven video layers, different compositing modes, masks, pan/crop animations, various fx, dissolves, opacity levels. Lots of processing to be done.