[Release] VEGAS Pro 16 – Powerful video production & audio editing

Comments

Fiola wrote on 8/28/2018, 4:07 PM

@Fiola You are right, there is something going wrong with the demo project in VP16. I will further investigate.

FWIW I can play it mostly at full fps in Full Auto on laptop.

Good for you! On my laptop and even that mentioned i9 - I am getting stuttering over time spent inside program :). You're right that on laptop it did perform well after reboot... but not for long :). Just to be absolutely sure - the issue is the same from VEGAS 15 - which left unresolved also for many users in the different subphorums here.

cinefilm wrote on 8/28/2018, 4:32 PM

I can't even give the trial a whirl. Re-installed the latest framework/Vegas 16 several times yet Vegas still gives an error that framework is required.

Bofus wrote on 8/28/2018, 4:43 PM

I do wish 16 retained the preference settings from V15.  Program looks very good after 1st evening of use.

JesusSheep-1965 wrote on 8/28/2018, 4:50 PM

You need to check the Version of the the plugins Magix gives Versions of the plugins have to match Example BCC vr 11 light 11 . I have gotten Version 10 of render Unit from them as well as Boris3D objects. The Version of Saphire i got Was 10 that came with Vegas 15 suite. I wonder if Magix is basicaly using including Version 10 Installer and changing the licence .

Former user wrote on 8/28/2018, 5:38 PM

@Fiola You are right, there is something going wrong with the demo project in VP16. I will further investigate.

FWIW I can play it mostly at full fps in Full Auto on laptop.

Good for you! On my laptop and even that mentioned i9 - I am getting stuttering over time spent inside program :). You're right that on laptop it did perform well after reboot... but not for long :). Just to be absolutely sure - the issue is the same from VEGAS 15 - which left unresolved also for many users in the different subphorums here.

@Fiola Why I gave that input is that I wonder if the issue might be machine/hardware specific that the project has, my laptop is far from cutting edge. If it runs ok on an average laptop, but not on a better one its maybe a more complex issue?

Marco. wrote on 8/28/2018, 6:03 PM

There might be different kind of issues. On my notebook the animated noise textures used in the sample project causes my GPU to fail and thus it then freezes VP16. It works fine when having GPU acceleration turned off but that certainly would slow down the whole thing even more.

Ehud_Aha wrote on 8/28/2018, 7:43 PM

i just installed vegas pro 16 in W7 and W10 but I can't even open the program and run it crashed ,I don't know what I'm doing wrong Im using vegas pro 13 with no problem please help

Have the same problem on two different machines. VP15 works smooth.

ron-kokish wrote on 8/29/2018, 12:16 AM

Well Marco, if you are not surprised tha the demo project hangs on a machine with so much power, that says something about the product, something not very good. Ion the other hand, as suprised. I made a project n a machine buit around a Ryzne 1800x with a GTX 1070 GPU and 32 gigs of DDR$/3200 and it was pretty smooth with up to 5 active motion tracks plus titles and music tracks. I've have since upgraded to a 2700x and that is even a little better. Not sure why Marco is having these problems. He's obviously a professional and I a hobbyist so maybe our standards are different.

iEmby wrote on 8/29/2018, 1:29 AM
  • Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y functionality has been restored in the tree view of the Project Media window

Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y functionality has not been fixed for timeline edits. After long edit tasks in a project, Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y functionality starts giving hanging problem taking 3-5 seconds to restored.

Sorry, am not upgrading again this time...

PROCESSOR

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (Always Updated)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 (20 CPUs), ~2.1GHz - 4.90GHz
Memory: 32GB RAM
Page File: 11134MB used, 7934MB Available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

-----------------------------------------------

MOTHERBOARD

ASUS PRIME H610-CS D4
Intel® H610 (LGA 1700)
Ready for 12th Gen Intel® Processors
Micro-ATX Motherboard with DDR4
Realtek 1 Gb Ethernet
PCH Heatsink
PCIe 4.0 | M.2 slot (32Gbps) 
HDMI® | D-Sub | USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
SATA 6 Gbps | COM header
LPT header | TPM header
Luminous Anti-Moisture Coating
5X Protection III
(Multiple Hardware Safeguards
For all-round protection)

EXTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD

INTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD (iGPU)

------------------------------------------------

LED - MONITOR

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP 22es
Monitor Id: HWP331B
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

STORAGE DRIVE

Drive: C:
Free Space: 182.3 GB
Total Space: 253.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WD Blue SN570 1TB (NVMe)

---------------O----------------

My System Info (PDF File).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-eoLmuXzshTRH_8RunAYAuNocKpiLoiV&usp=drive_fs

Also Check

VEGAS Scripts Collection By Me

GitHub Profile

My YouTube Channel Dedicated to Only VEGAS Pro Tutorials

EDITROOM : My YouTube Channel (For VEGAS Tutorials)

GerY wrote on 8/29/2018, 2:02 AM

Missing the script "Add text to Motion Track"?

Norbert wrote on 8/29/2018, 4:09 AM

Why CTRL+SHIFT+Q won't add a new video track for me?

Marco. wrote on 8/29/2018, 4:20 AM

Be sure the focus is on timeline when pressing Ctrl+Shift+Q.

malowz wrote on 8/29/2018, 6:19 AM

icons on timeline events are better looking and easy to see? can the vegas interface be set to light gray?

vkmast wrote on 8/29/2018, 6:34 AM

Options/Preferences/Display

malowz wrote on 8/29/2018, 7:09 AM

thanks! one thing: what .NET vegas requires? i got:

"Failed to initialize the common language runtime engine.  Please install the .NET Framework (download is available from Windows Update)."

edit: a VST plugin was causing the error. fixed

but again, the same horrible interface introduced in v15, and for some reason, moving events on timeline are in slow motion. i got something like "1fps", jumping while i move events. removing events on timeline, leaving only one, still the same. but then when cleaning the unused media from the project, it goes back to normal. v14 works fine. Guess is another beta after all. At least seems they fixed the missing script icons... gonna have to still use v14, and hope for a better interface on v17 perhaps... :(

Norbert wrote on 8/29/2018, 9:47 AM

There is something I don't like: Vegas puts some sound effects on every new sound tracks by itself and the fx menu of the sound tracks is hidden in the hamburger. I think there should be an option to "disable automatic sound effects on new audio tracks". Correct me if there is an option like that I don't know about.

malowz wrote on 8/29/2018, 10:14 AM

There is something I don't like: Vegas puts some sound effects on every new sound tracks by itself and the fx menu of the sound tracks is hidden in the hamburger. I think there should be an option to "disable automatic sound effects on new audio tracks". Correct me if there is an option like that I don't know about.

you can remove the effects, then go to "set default tracks properties", click OK, then the default is now to not have any effects.

Marco. wrote on 8/29/2018, 10:15 AM

The audio fx in the track fx chain doesn't affect the audio (if you don't modify the adjustments). The given default values in there are zero-values. So if you don't need them you could just ignore them. You could also delete them and save the new status.

Edit:
malowz was faster there ...

Espadon wrote on 8/29/2018, 11:07 AM

What happened to the Sony Stabiliser in SV15? It was as good as Mercalli 4 quick and simple. The new Video stabiliser in 16 has more settings but has no help file (nothing I can find in the manual either) to explain them. I have tried playing with the settings but can't get any decent results. Could we have the old 15 version added back in at the next update so we have a choice?

Windows 11Pro 64bit 21H2

Intel i9-12900K 32GB DDR5 - 6000 (XMP II) RAM

C:\ Samsung PCIe 4.0 Nvme 980 Pro. E:\ Samsung 980 Pro

Nvidia Getforce RTX3080Ti. Studio Driver 516.59

Intel UHD Graphics 770. Driver 30.0.101.1994

Sound Card: SB Audigy 5/RX

Vegas Pro Edit 19 Build 643

Brent-deMoville wrote on 8/29/2018, 1:45 PM

I installed the new Vegas Pro Suite and I cannot find the Vitascene Pro 3.0 function in Vegas. Can you tell me where to look? The help on the ProDad site references an older version of Vegas.

JesusSheep-1965 wrote on 8/29/2018, 2:15 PM

I Have Both Divinchi Reesolve Vegas 15 Suite ,Trying out Vegas 16 Seems Divinchi resolve could be faster V15.

For me to Buy Vegas 16 Pro Suite.Now would be redundent since i Have Hit Film Studio:)

JesusSheep-1965 wrote on 8/29/2018, 2:21 PM

Is There Any Word When Magix Will upgrade the progran to support VST3 Audio ? People has asked for this when 15 was out.

terry54321 wrote on 8/29/2018, 6:08 PM

What video file formats can Vegas Pro 16 edit? The official list of supported file formats seems shorter than for past versions. Can VP16 edit Canon's xf-avc or Canon's Cinema RAW Light?

JesusSheep-1965 wrote on 8/30/2018, 11:56 AM

Low Cost Solution for Vegas Pro 16 to Improve Video Stabilization: Till Aug 31

Half offf Now: https://borisfx.com/products/continuum-filters/optical-stabilizer/