Release VEGAS Pro 365 - General Discussion

Comments

Martin L wrote on 2/6/2018, 9:07 AM

Of course not. The 365 is a subscription which only will work when it is active and you have paid. If you stop paying the 365 stops working. Both versions will be locked. It never turns into a perpetual version.

gary-rebholz wrote on 2/6/2018, 12:16 PM

You should have it in your FAQ and license what you said above, "as long as you have your subscription to the current or higher version."

Just an update: the FAQ on the website now says,

Even if you end or suspend your subscription, your projects are yours to keep forever. That means if you need to work on your project after your subscription has expired, you can renew your subscription and open the project again to continue editing. You will also be able to open the project created in VEGAS Pro 365 in your perpetual version as long as your perpetual version is equal to or later than the version it was created in (for example, if you created the project in VEGAS Pro 365 version 15, then you can open it with regular VEGAS Pro version 15 or later).

Thanks for the suggestion.

bruna wrote on 2/19/2018, 1:45 PM

Sorry for this silly question, but I am a lost beginner in Vegas world. Can I use Vegas 365 on my two computers? Thank you.

Martin L wrote on 2/20/2018, 1:53 AM

Yes, it is the same as with the perpetual version. You can install and use it on maximum two computers at the same time.

gbt20317 wrote on 2/20/2018, 3:43 AM

When I first read about this new option, the subscription model, I like others said, "no way." However, I've given it a lot of thought and I decided to take the plunge. Here's why, if any are interested. When I weighed the constant concerns over app versions, cost, putting together a workable package of products I could concentrate on managing as a base suite to work from, it just made sense to me. No, I don't particularly like the the idea of an on-going payment model but again, the viability of the benefits of updated software, and core products to work with, ease of access to them and alternative and/or flexible payment options gives me a stronger linkage to why the product is of value to me..it's something I want to stick with and get better at using. There's no doubt about the monetary benefit to Magix and other companies like Adobe doing this, it's good business sense, keeps people employed doing something that's progressive. Also as Gary said, some people can afford to out right buy the full packages of products or suites; I can't, so this gives me the option to stay up to date in a more affordable way for me. The key to this working well is will Magix provide top notch support, cause this model should fuel speedier development cycles and product innovation (they'll have the money for it); will they let the revenue go to their corporate heads and forget that people buying the product, still have to choose to "buy" the product..it ain't like food, we gotta eat but we don't have to stick with your products. Will the technology take over and complexity become "show", as opposed to ease of use and sensibility? Make the product good, then better, then the best. This thing ain't going away y'all, and I think more people will take advantage of this option. Magix has done a good job proving against what many said would not happen, "improving Vegas" but it can be much better. If that and prioritizing development on the customer needs as well as innovative tech, is where Magix takes Vegas Pro and the additional product line, I believe this book I just wrote could be prophetic. Magix, don't become complacent and allow the love-of-money from this model option to destroy the Vegas product line. I think it's a good thing for the product overall. I hope I feel that way a few months from now.

Junior_Silva wrote on 3/7/2018, 9:53 PM

Magix please do not make this the only option, I want a video editor and not a Netflix subscription, I do not want to be paying for the month, I hope it does not become the only option in the future. 🙂

wilvan wrote on 4/8/2018, 1:29 AM

At NAB 2018 avid has reduced their avid media composer monthly subscription model pricing . It only costs 2.5 US$/month more than this vegas pro 365 . Some more interesting things announced at NAB 2018 ..

Sony  PXW-FS7K and 2 x Sony PXW-Z280  ( optimised as per Doug Jensen Master Classes and Alister Chapman advices ) Sony A7 IV
2 x HP Z840 workstations , each as follows : WIN10 pro x 64 , 2 x 10 core Xeon E5-2687W V3 at 3.5 GHz , 256 GB reg ECC RAM , HP nvidia quadro RTX A5000 ( 24GB ), 3 x samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4  , 3 x SSD 1TB samsung 860 pro , 3 x 3TB WD3003FZEX.
SONY Vegas Pro 13 build 453  ( user since version 4 ) , SONY DVDarch , SONY SoundForge(s) , SONY Acid Pro(s) , SONY Cinescore ( each year buying upgrades for all of them since vegas pro 4 )
(MAGIX) Vegas pro 14 ( bought it as a kind of support but never installed it )
SONY CATALYST browse 
Adobe Photoshop  CC 2023
Adobe After Effects CC 2023 & Adobe Media Encoder CC 2023
Avid Media Composer 2022.xx ( started with the FREE Avid Media Composer First in 2019 )
Dedicated solely editing systems , fully optimized , windows 10 pro x 64 
( win10 pro operating systems , all most silly garbage and kid's stuff of microsoft entirely removed , never update win 10 unless required for editing purposes or ( maybe ) after a while when updates have proven to be reliable and no needless microsoft kid's stuff is added in the updates )

suhaib-siddiqi wrote on 4/11/2018, 10:22 AM

At NAB 2018 avid has reduced their avid media composer monthly subscription model pricing . It only costs 2.5 US$/month more than this vegas pro 365 . Some more interesting things announced at NAB 2018 ..

Well, Davinci Resolve 15 still remains a better and cheaper option for a one-time fee of US$ 299.00. The upgrade from Resolve Studio 12.5 to 14 was free. Now upgrade to Resolve Studio 15 will be free too. The Resolve Studio 14 had Fairlight added to it, now Resolve 15 has Fusion integrated, plus a lot of VFX and AFX. I moved away from Vegas to Resolve long time ago. I am holding to Vegas 14 only for my old projects, that is it. There is no comparison between Vegas Pro and Resolve performance.

OldSmoke wrote on 4/11/2018, 10:33 AM

Well, Davinci Resolve 15 still remains a better and cheaper option for a one-time fee of US$ 299.00. The upgrade from Resolve Studio 12.5 to 14 was free. Now upgrade to Resolve Studio 15 will be free too. The Resolve Studio 14 had Fairlight added to it, now Resolve 15 has Fusion integrated, plus a lot of VFX and AFX. I moved away from Vegas to Resolve long time ago. I am holding to Vegas 14 only for my old projects, that is it. There is no comparison between Vegas Pro and Resolve performance.

I also own Resolve 14 Studio and cant wait to get my hands on version 15. I still use SVP13 for projects that need very fast turn around. The scripting feature in Vegas makes automating tasks a breeze.

Proud owner of Sony Vegas Pro 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 and now Magix VP15&16.

System Spec.:
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime-A

Ram: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 2666 XMP

CPU: i7-9800x @ 4.6GHz (custom water cooling system)
GPU: 1x AMD Vega Pro Frontier Edition (water cooled)
Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

PSU: Corsair 1200W
Monitor: 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (2560x1440)

suhaib-siddiqi wrote on 4/11/2018, 11:36 AM

The scripting feature in Vegas makes automating tasks a breeze.

Scripting is a plus for Vegas. But, for me it equals out the rendering speed. Before I switched to Resolve 1.5 years ago, I did several tests for rendering speed of Vegas vs Resolve. Resolve rendered 4-5 times faster than Vegas. For big projects, it can be a few hours saving. Rendering speed in Vegas simply sucks!!!

OldSmoke wrote on 4/11/2018, 2:05 PM

I don’t have any rendering issues with Vegas, in fact, Vegas renders faster on my machine than Resolve 14. Especially MPEG2 for DVD or BD renders very fast in Vegas. I also recently tweaked my VP14 and it now works as well as Resolve.

However, color correction and timeline playback are simply better in Resolve with native XAVC-S footage and it also does video sync for multicam.

System Spec.:

Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

marc-s wrote on 4/11/2018, 3:28 PM

Also using Resolve more and more. The improvements that company makes each version is simply astounding. The new feature manual is nearly 300 pages. Still love Vegas for certain projects but it really needs to get GPU acceleration among other things. Feel like it's been dead in the water for many years now.

Cliff Etzel wrote on 5/11/2018, 11:13 AM

Yes Resolve is powerful - but that power comes with it's own caveats... You HAVE to use one of their hardware monitoring devices in order to get second screen preview support (Something built in and use in Vegas and PPro CS6 all the time as I don't need 10bit preview monitor support)

The hardware requirements for Resolve are substantially more than for Vegas - that's puts Resolve working well outside the realm of many users. I've tested Resolve 14 and it does work well - but my current graphics card gets the dreaded memory full error message when editing/grading/rendering 4K footage or more complex 1080p timelines due to having 2GB VRAM (I've been testing the last month on the same project being edited in PPro CS6, Vegas 14/Vegas 15 Trial and Resolve 14) - each has it's pros and cons... TBH, I dread using Premiere Pro everytime I open it due to the amount of bloat and pathetic performance in editing and rendering... MPE is a joke for the majority of users... and bugs that have been in my version are still there in the very latest ransomeware version. How about the PPBM benchmarking tool which has been described as more synthetic than anything else IMO. Ever looked at what is considered a "balanced" system for Premiere? Take out a second mortgage to do it "right". The Vegas editing paradigm is what I want for what I shoot and edit! If I can find a resolution to my issues around RT timeline playback performance issues - I'm all over Vegas for sure as my primary editing tool. I'm fully willing to upgrade to Vegas 15 once I get the new GPU decision ironed out - but there's alot of conflicting advice that I cant seem to make a solid decision on - Encoding for the web can be done through the i8700K iGPU for what I edit and deliver - I want the RT preview issue sorted out on my end.

OldSmoke wrote on 5/11/2018, 11:23 AM

I use Decklink 4K card for $295 with a SDI-HDMI converter. I am not sure but maybe even the Decklink Mini Monitor card is supported? The Decklink card works in VP13 and 14 too so that was a good investment.

Last changed by OldSmoke on 5/11/2018, 11:24 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

System Spec.:

Cliff Etzel wrote on 5/11/2018, 11:29 AM

I'm considering the basic decklink mini monitor 4K for $200 as I have no need for SDI, etc... Problem is I dont' have room for a dedicated third monitor or the space for a larger second one. First world problems....

Wolfgang S. wrote on 5/11/2018, 11:49 AM

Gentlemen, this is the last warning. Either you continue the Resolve discussions in an separate thread, or I will close this discussion.

The Topic of this discussion is the Vegas Pro 365.

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti (12 GB)* Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Resolve Studio 18 * Edius X* Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED * internal HDR preview * i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE * 32 GB Ram) * Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB * internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor * Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG-K 1600 nits, Atomos Sumo

Others: Edius NX (Canopus NX)-card in an old XP-System. Edius 4.6 and other systems

Cliff Etzel wrote on 5/11/2018, 12:18 PM

Gentlemen, this is the last warning. Either you continue the Resolve discussions in an separate thread, or I will close this discussion.

The Topic of this discussion is the Vegas Pro 365.

The discussion about Vegas vs other software is valid. If it lights a fire under the developers back sides to make Vegas a better product, why censor the discussion? I'm no Resolve fan boy - I'd much rather use Vegas as my editing solution yet it isn't so at this time. I'd like for that to change in Vegas' favor... No definitive answer for glaring issues like recommended hardware lists, features, etc is a remiss on MAGIX part. Other competitors clearly stipulate their recommended hardware configurations - Vegas is too vague on that front and it shows in the issues that continue to arise for users - myself included.

I'm holding out hope that the developers see this message and create a "known to work" hardware compatibility guide that allows users like myself to make informed decisions instead of having to waste countless hours researching and asking what works and doesn't - and then not being so sure if what's been recommended by others will work in one's specific hardware configuration.

There's a reason Apple software works with their hardware. Resolve's hardware configuration list in each version of the manual states why. Adobe and Avid also have the same kinds of hardware compatibility guides... Yet Vegas doesn't. The word "PRO" in Vegas Pro needs to truly reflect that not just in marketing speak.

Show me - don't tell me

I think there would be alot less complaining here on the forums if that guide were made available.

Remember the old Certified "SCS Vegas Pro" computers based on Supermicro motherboards back in the day around Vegas 9 I think? They were available through the Sony Vegas Pro Elite Dealer Network. They were spec'd (and over priced) and certified to work with all SCS software products. They of course didn't sell well for the pricing reason (as much as $7000 still based on the above link). That is no longer the case. One can still spec out a proper computer - if there's a hardware compatibility list to guide those who want to DIY via guides from VideoGuys, etc.. If there were specific prebuilt workstation class machines from Dell, HP, etc - like those listed in the Resolve, Adobe and AVID hardware guides - again, there would be alot less complaining and more discussion on the craft skill of editing and doing it in a way in Vegas to make editors using other software envious.

The market is very competitive for sure - I want to see Vegas get more of the pro market share and I would be the first in line to tout it's benefits - if it can get solid for professional's like myself.

Off soap box now...

OldSmoke wrote on 5/11/2018, 12:24 PM

@Cliff Etzel Well said and I fully agree!! Right. ow the “Pro” in Vegas Pro is a marketing gimmick.

System Spec.:

Wolfgang S. wrote on 5/11/2018, 12:42 PM

Sorry Mr. Etzel, but I do not care if you think that this discussion is valid or not valid. And how should this be a censorship of any discussion, if you are asked to stick to the topic of an discussion or are invited to discuss that in an other thread to this discussion? That is a lot of freedom in a company Forum anyway.

I will not discuss such a simple Topic. Your are banned for 7 days.

@ OldSmoke, also a warning to you. You complained a lot of times against Vegas or Pro. Well, fine. Up to you to decide to choose another product like Resolve. But to blow of steam again and again is a violation of the community rules. You are warned.

Last changed by Wolfgang S. on 5/11/2018, 12:49 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti (12 GB)* Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Resolve Studio 18 * Edius X* Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED * internal HDR preview * i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE * 32 GB Ram) * Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB * internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor * Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG-K 1600 nits, Atomos Sumo

Others: Edius NX (Canopus NX)-card in an old XP-System. Edius 4.6 and other systems

OldSmoke wrote on 5/11/2018, 12:55 PM

Sorry Mr. Etzel, but I do not care if you think that this discussion is valid or not valid. And how should this be a censorship of any discussion, if you are asked to stick to the topic of an discussion or are invited to discuss that in an other thread to this discussion? That is a lot of freedom in a company Forum anyway.

I will not discuss such a simple Topic. Your are banned for 7 days.

@ OldSmoke, also a warning to you. You complained a lot of times against Vegas or Pro. Well, fine. Up to you to decide to choose another product like Resolve. But to blow of steam again and again is a violation of the community rules. You are warned.

Do you seriously believe I care what you have to say in this regard? But go ahead, if you close this thread or ban me from this forum then it will be the last straw for me and MAGIX will lose a long time supporter of Vegas and that will be on you entirely. Go ahead and make MAGIX lose that money, I am done with you.

System Spec.:

iEmby wrote on 6/29/2018, 8:42 AM

@gary-rebholz

There is nothing disingenuous about that marketing statement. A customer makes a project in VP 365, it's hers. If she stops subscribing, it's still hers. Even if she never subscribes again, it's still hers. But if a year later she decides she needs to edit that project again, it's still hers, so she can open it in VP 365 or the perpetual version that's current at that time or matches the 365 version it was created in. How on earth do you manage to turn that into a disingenuous, sneaky, or dishonest thing?

I get it; you don't like subscription. Don't subscribe. Simple equation. If we were holding your dog hostage and promised only to release him if you subscribe, that's ransom. Subscription is just another option. Use it or don't, whichever works for you.

sir.. I respect & welcome your idea of subscription. It will be helpful for some customers like me who can spend very little money. I actually purchased Vegas Pro 15 Edit in a very cheap price offer in INR 8000 which is generally around INR 25000 - INR 30000. And in future if I want to upgrade to VP 16 I can subscribe it easily if I don't get offer again.. So basically its a good business idea with customer benefits. I welcomed it. I love Vegas pro..

thankyou

PROCESSOR

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (Always Updated)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 (20 CPUs), ~2.1GHz - 4.90GHz
Memory: 32GB RAM
Page File: 11134MB used, 7934MB Available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

-----------------------------------------------

MOTHERBOARD

ASUS PRIME H610-CS D4
Intel® H610 (LGA 1700)
Ready for 12th Gen Intel® Processors
Micro-ATX Motherboard with DDR4
Realtek 1 Gb Ethernet
PCH Heatsink
PCIe 4.0 | M.2 slot (32Gbps) 
HDMI® | D-Sub | USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
SATA 6 Gbps | COM header
LPT header | TPM header
Luminous Anti-Moisture Coating
5X Protection III
(Multiple Hardware Safeguards
For all-round protection)

EXTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD

INTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD (iGPU)

------------------------------------------------

LED - MONITOR

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP 22es
Monitor Id: HWP331B
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

STORAGE DRIVE

Drive: C:
Free Space: 182.3 GB
Total Space: 253.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WD Blue SN570 1TB (NVMe)

---------------O----------------

My System Info (PDF File).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-eoLmuXzshTRH_8RunAYAuNocKpiLoiV&usp=drive_fs

Also Check

VEGAS Scripts Collection By Me

GitHub Profile

My YouTube Channel Dedicated to Only VEGAS Pro Tutorials

EDITROOM : My YouTube Channel (For VEGAS Tutorials)

iEmby wrote on 6/29/2018, 8:58 AM

...Gary basically promised in an online interview that we would be seeing AMD acceleration support for editing in future Vegas 15 updates.  I'm starting to doubt this think that if it ever manifests it will be in Vegas 16 / 365 or later.

It's Forum and Interview Management 101 not to say whatever I must have said that inspired the above quote. That's my mistake--I know better. We are working on AMD support, honest. If it was easy, it would be done already. My hope is still to get it into a free VP 15 update.

You won’t get an honest answer, will never happen.

Well that sounds pretty definitive, but I'll try to be honest regardless.

Some of you are in a position to afford the outlay for the full version, and that's great. But others are not. Subscription makes sense for some even though it doesn't for others. Here's more honesty: we didn't do it just to provide more negative fodder for these pages (although, of course I knew that was coming). We did it because there is business sense behind it. We are a business, after all. And we're a business that's interested in staying in business by serving all customers--not just those who can afford a perpetual license. Subscription is available and so is a perpetual license. I know of no plans to discontinue either--that's yet another honest statement.

At the risk of having my big mouth trotted out again to make us look like a bunch of scammers, we are actively working on Update 3 of VEGAS Pro 15. It will be a nice update and is planned as a free update for anyone who owns any version of 15--perpetual or subscription. It will solve several problems you see. It will not solve all of the problems there are...I feel safe in the honesty of that statement.

It will likely be released in the coming few weeks...but anything can happen to delay that update, so I'm purposely and honestly not mentioning an exact date. Even so, I've said plenty enough to cause myself more grief. I guess I'd better go back to that Forum Management 101 course. Like my mother would say, "Honestly, Gary. You should know better than that."

Sir.. I am using Vegas Pro 15 Edit from a year, & I want to thanks you for your latest update of VP 15 build 361, it enable my AMD graphic card perform better during Vegas Running & during Rendering also. the new render options with (AMD VCE) is so good that my projects renders very better & fast than other. I have used all software i.e premier, media composer, resolve, pinnacle .. I want to tell you I can't switch to any other software bcoz am addicted of VP's flexibility, customizing features & speed.. so I will stay with Vegas Pro always & will also promote happily..

sir .. if you have time please check this link.. these are two problems that not solved yet even after so many crash reports & forum posts. these problems are very irritating.

http://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/unprofessionally-hanging-while-importing-large-number-of-media--111977/

Rest of All Vegas Pro Is Awesome Always..

😘😘😍😋💯💯

PROCESSOR

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (Always Updated)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 (20 CPUs), ~2.1GHz - 4.90GHz
Memory: 32GB RAM
Page File: 11134MB used, 7934MB Available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

MOTHERBOARD

ASUS PRIME H610-CS D4
Intel® H610 (LGA 1700)
Ready for 12th Gen Intel® Processors
Micro-ATX Motherboard with DDR4
Realtek 1 Gb Ethernet
PCH Heatsink
PCIe 4.0 | M.2 slot (32Gbps) 
HDMI® | D-Sub | USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
SATA 6 Gbps | COM header
LPT header | TPM header
Luminous Anti-Moisture Coating
5X Protection III
(Multiple Hardware Safeguards
For all-round protection)

EXTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD

INTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD (iGPU)

------------------------------------------------

LED - MONITOR

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP 22es
Monitor Id: HWP331B
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

STORAGE DRIVE

Drive: C:
Free Space: 182.3 GB
Total Space: 253.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WD Blue SN570 1TB (NVMe)

---------------O----------------

My System Info (PDF File).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-eoLmuXzshTRH_8RunAYAuNocKpiLoiV&usp=drive_fs

Also Check

VEGAS Scripts Collection By Me

GitHub Profile

My YouTube Channel Dedicated to Only VEGAS Pro Tutorials

EDITROOM : My YouTube Channel (For VEGAS Tutorials)

musko wrote on 8/27/2018, 2:04 AM

Hello,

maybe a stupid question, but I'm a newbie here. 
I bought Vegas PRO 365 and current I have v15.0.387.
How can I upgrade to V16?

Thank you.

vkmast wrote on 8/27/2018, 2:13 AM

See if this comment helps

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/release-vegas-pro-365-general-discussion--110086/?page=7#ca681390 (quote: "If you are on the subscription plan with 365 version 15, you can also decide to then install 16 when it comes out and continue to run both side by side just as you can with the perpetual version."

From VPro 365 FAQ: "You will be alerted when an update is available. Updates are not automatic, so you are free to choose when to install the update."

I don't yet see a download link including FXhome HitFilm Ignite 360 Toolkit which is "exclusive plug-in in VP 365".