VEGAS Movie Studio 15 Update 2 - General Discussion

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 7/30/2018, 6:36 AM

Dear community,

VEGAS Movie Studio 15 Update 2 (build 135 & 146) has been released. Please give us your feedback in this thread.

If you already have earlier builds installed, there is no need to uninstall them. The build 135/146 will overwrite your installation and retain your settings. Your computer will need to be online for activation after the update.

Official announcement with Patch Notes

Please write us your feedback in this thread. We are eager to hear what you think about the changes!

Best regards,
Mathias

Comments

Campean-Florin wrote on 7/31/2018, 1:16 PM

Where can ww find a list of "qualifying AMD graphics cards"?

Malix82 wrote on 8/1/2018, 10:43 AM

Oh my. The editing hardware acceleration finally works on my computer! I would hug you if I could. I have SLI gtx980, and for whatever reason the hw edit acceleration caused flashing video previously, and without it, my editing was a bit bogged down as the preview framerate was 0-3 when I had rotated text or other effects. Now I can preview full resolution max quality without hitches again, not to mention render the project noticeably faster

Cheers

Gary-Prater wrote on 8/2/2018, 12:17 PM

Do not like it. Just tried rendering to a audio file and then mp4. Rendering times are extremely slow. The MP4 file used to take about 60 minutes. Now it show rendering time over 4 hours.

Tired disabling GPU but still extremely slow.

Any way to revert back to the previous version?

Kent-Brown wrote on 8/2/2018, 6:40 PM

Having crashing issue with Vegas today even though the update ran well yesterday. I expect it's unrelated but in case it becomes useful here are my specks. My builds shown as build 146 and I'm trying the forum suggestions now to fix crashing.

Operating System
  Platform: Windows 7 (64-bit)
  Version: 6.01.7601 (Service Pack 1)
  Language: English
  System locale: English
  User locale: English

Processor
  Class: AMD FX(tm)-4350 Quad-Core Processor
  Identifier: AuthenticAMD
  Number of processors: 4
  MMX available: Yes
  SSE available: Yes
  SSE2 available: Yes
  SSE3 available: Yes
  SSSE3 available: Yes
  SSE4.1 available: Yes
  SSE4.2 available: Yes

Display
  Primary: 1600x900x32

Memory
  Physical memory: 24,524.1 MB
  Paging memory available: 61,308.5 MB

Kent-Brown wrote on 8/3/2018, 6:06 PM

Got event 40 and event 41 pc shut off unexpectedly either psu or power strip likely culprits. I gotta say Vegas saved a lot of hard work and illustrates backing up work often. Thanks for the save guys guess I found my problem.

sean-s wrote on 8/3/2018, 7:27 PM

Its nice to see AMD graphics cards supported, thankyou. I have a MSI R9 280 graphics card.

Since the update, I have had some issues with AVI video clips displaying a black screen on a multi track project. Playing the offending clips in Trimmer seems to resolve the issue.

When working with several video tracks, although you can set the track to be solo, it would also be nice to be able to hide the track.🙂

Rosk wrote on 8/4/2018, 12:44 PM

I can not open the latest version of the Movie Studio builds (build 135 & 146). It will not accept my serial number. I am using the upgrade serial number from Movie Studio 14 to 15. The previous version of 15 still works fine.

Who can I contact about this?

Thank You,

Gerald Roskilly

vkmast wrote on 8/4/2018, 12:50 PM

Are you trying to update to build 135 (Movie Studio 15) or build 146 (Movie Studio 15 Platinum)? You know of course that v 14 and v 15 have their own S/Ns.

https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/vegas/form

Hieu-Ta wrote on 8/4/2018, 8:54 PM

I just bought Movie Studio Suit 15 and it carry Hitfilm boost pack code and where I can dowload that ????

chris-minchin wrote on 8/4/2018, 11:56 PM

OK, Finally decided to upgrade to MSP 15. Wish I hadn't as only after 3 days I have found TWO Bugs

First Video track always inserts the PIP as a default, NOT what most people would want I'm sure, and secondly when adding text the text float outside the Sizing/position box. Also if I try to enlarge the text by using the handles or the scaling slider it cuts off parts of the text.

Wishing I had not purchased this version.

3POINT wrote on 8/5/2018, 12:19 AM

First Video track doesn't have the PIP FX and is called "text". Here you should place your text events. You placed your text event on the second track, which has indeed the PIP FX as default, and is therefor called "Pip". The PIP FX gives the effect to the text event you described, these are no bugs.

Ofcourse you can also you the Pip track for text events, but you than should remove or deactivate the PIP FX from the Pip Track.

EricLNZ wrote on 8/5/2018, 12:20 AM

The PIP FX on the video track isn't a bug. It's a default layout to assist some users. Like you I find it a nuisance. Delete or mute the FX or delete the track. I set up my own default layout without it.

As for your second problem I'm sorry but I don't understand your problem but wonder if you are using the PIP track?

If not how are you adding your text? Titles & Text or (Legacy) Text.

Oops 3POINT beat me to it. Thanks 3Point.

3POINT wrote on 8/5/2018, 12:29 AM

I have two questions: where can I find the new added feature Tiny planet OFX? Also, will there be more looks added to the new Autolooks plugin, in future?

vkmast wrote on 8/5/2018, 2:01 AM

As for Autolooks, besides the 12 presets there I still have MB Quick Looks from MSP12 Suite available in vs. 12 to 15. Have you tried to see if you can still download it from https://web.archive.org/web/20170325143101/http://download.sonycreativesoftware.com:80/current/extras? It did not need a serial number at the time of v. 12.

vkmast wrote on 8/5/2018, 2:17 AM

@Hieu-Ta see if the link here helps. Look under section 5 Direct Links. Scroll down to "VEGAS Movie Studio 15 Suite download manager. This can download & install:"

Read also section 2, 2nd paragraph there.

emmettfitz wrote on 8/5/2018, 9:30 AM

Since the update, the program has crashed/frozen 5 times. This morning it froze while I was rendering a very short video. I never had this issue before the update. Whats up with that?

vkmast wrote on 8/5/2018, 9:49 AM

The links to FAQs re hanging and crashing (try p.9 first) here.

Julian-Davis wrote on 8/5/2018, 4:43 PM

Hi, I love using the Transitions for my videos but have noticed that if using one for the beginning and end of my videos that it only works in the video side of my project and not for any audio, would it be possible in a future update to have transitions that work for sound or for transitions to be included for both video and audio please

Julio_Mourao wrote on 8/6/2018, 10:33 AM

Does anyone know if the negative issues attributed to the so4compundplug.dll (as reported by Knick Hope in https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/new-avc-issues-in-vp15-try-disabling-so4compoundplug-dll--108345/) have been fixed in build 146?

videobo wrote on 8/6/2018, 11:59 AM

Installed the latest update.

I've an audio sync drift problem.

Source footage is a 15 Minutes HEVC FHD 60fps file created with AMD ReLive.

After about 5 Minutes it seems that the Audio is 1 second ahead.

In other Video program there is no problem.

How can i fix this or is it a bug?

h-g wrote on 8/11/2018, 1:14 AM

Coul we have a test betwwen ?

AMD graphics cards AVC/AAC and HEVC

Intel AVC/AAC and HEVC

Nvidia AVC/AAC / HEVC

It's difficult to choose;)

Ian Schwartz wrote on 8/14/2018, 9:37 PM

I just purchased version 15, build 146. I still have a problem previewing on my external monitor--it only displays about 2/3s of my image. I've left several incidents with support and haven't heard back from anyone in two days. Is this normal?

EricLNZ wrote on 8/15/2018, 12:14 AM

Ian - presumably you've tried this thread. https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/external-monitor-problem-platinum-14--105669/

Whilst for MS14 it might be relevant.

oliverSpain wrote on 8/29/2018, 5:27 PM

Is there a issue at bitrate checkbox on the INTEL HEVC template? The frame rate mode: constant shows parameters of variable bit rate. And Variable shows constant frame. Movie Studio Platinum 15 built 146