VEGAS Pro 15 release date

Comments

Jam_One wrote on 8/28/2017, 3:52 AM

That is a route I could take... but it still requires that I import the video, set the project settings, render the image out, then import that into another project. I was just hoping there could be a way that I can just make a subclip instantly that knows to sample the video it came from at the rate I specify.

If you happen to have Vegasaur - you can do that in one project, without leaving it or rendering.

...You can't completely avoid tweaking some settings anyway...

"You can't escape opening Vegas, mwa-ha-ha!"

Last changed by Jam_One on 8/28/2017, 3:55 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 7 Ultimate | Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz | nVidia GTX 760 4GB * 2

SSD | 32 GB RAM | No Swap file | No Overclock | GPU-in-CPU OFF

t.A.T.u. F.o.R.e.V.e.R.!

PeterWright wrote on 8/28/2017, 4:09 AM

I'm still downloading, but watching the tutes - good to see some neat new features already. The OFX P in P and Crop make things very easy, as does the LUTS. Selective Paste Attributes good, Freeze Frame much quicker with one click - there are more .....

Grazie wrote on 8/28/2017, 10:01 AM

Yes Peter, selective PEAing gets my vote!

Filmman586 wrote on 8/29/2017, 10:54 AM

As a Vegas Pro 14 owner I have to pay another $249 for 15? Are you kidding me?

james-ollick wrote on 8/29/2017, 11:09 AM

I upgraded last night I have and have purchased the Suite Version as I view it as a good value based on the additional products it offered that I can use which were not in my current program collection.

Home built PC - Corsair case, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code motherboard, i9 9900k, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz,  Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB graphics card, Corsair 1000 watt power supply. Windows 11.

VP 21 BCC 2024 Boris FX Continuum Complete, Titler Pro v7. Various NewBlue effects.

andreas-v wrote on 8/30/2017, 4:49 AM

I think we need a word from Magix on their future upgrade scheme regarding frequency and pricing. Do we have to expect annual upgrades and does Magix wants us to shell out 349$ per year?

megabit wrote on 8/30/2017, 5:11 AM

Exactly... I'd like to know if I pass on the $249 upgrade now, and VP16 will at last offer the basic stuff I need - will I be able to upgrade from my VP14, or have to pay the full price for that VP 16 release...

Piotr

AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP2933  | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

lychee wrote on 8/30/2017, 5:12 AM

I remember my times as a beta-tester during SCS-days.... well, we could give our comments and hints, but finally nobody was listening or reacting at anything. same here. sorry....

At IBC-fair in Amsterdam they had a hidden booth (right beside the toilet, which is of course strongly frequented...)

If VEGAS stays PRO they should also show their face in Amsterdam next month. - but.... nobody there...

VP 15....

Basicly NO CHANGES AT ALL. Thanks for having a dark interface. Whatfor?

Simply undocking windows for a 3-Monitor place forced me to check the manual... kiddish.

Funny coloured knobs (reminds me to FRUITY LOOPS...)

Finally my point of view: MAGIX will be interested in doing their own product line without paying licence fees to SCS. I understand. But then it would be better, to tell us straight into our faces and not keeping us waiting for nothing. And paying for nothing that special !!!!

Yes, I am a VEGAS-fan since V8 and I moved so many people from FCP, Premiere and AVID to this nice prog. Now I myself am thinking of rollin back to something else.

THANKS for noticing that.

Wolfgang S. wrote on 8/30/2017, 6:35 AM

VP 15....

Basicly NO CHANGES AT ALL. Thanks for having a dark interface. Whatfor?

I wonder why you have this impression.

Is that no change at all really:

A new MAGIX AVC/AAC codec significantly accelerates encoding on machines that utilize Intel® Quick Sync Video (QSV) technology

A new MAGIX AVC/AAC codec significantly accelerates encoding on machines equipped with modern NVIDIA graphics card GPU technology

The user can now select from the list of attributes of a copied timeline clip event to specify which attributes will be pasted into a target event

ACES 1.0 support enable users to work with the expanded color spaces and dynamic range of modern cameras.

More efficient handling of AVC files on the timeline through Intel QSV technology

Picture-in-picture OFX plug-in enables the user to perform size and position adjustments of video at any of the four effects levels (including track and event) through parameter adjustment controls and direct interaction with the Video Preview window

Crop OFX plug-in enables the user to quickly crop out portions of a video at any of the four effects levels (including track and event) through parameter adjustment controls and direct interaction with the Video Preview window

The user can specify which track header buttons and controls appear on tracks and set these (separate for audio and video tracks) as project defaults for all new tracks in the current and new projects. Controls that have been hidden can be accessed through a new "hamburger button" menu

LUT Filter OFX plug-in enables the user to apply LUTs to their project at any of the four supported FX levels (event, track, media, and video bus)

Redesigned timeline clip events now contain headers to hold important information and buttons and can be customized through the hamburger button/menu system.

The user can specify which controls appear in the transport area of both the Trimmer Window and the Video Preview window as project defaults for the current and new projects. Controls that have been hidden can be accessed through a new "hamburger button" menu

A simple "one-click" option creates a freeze frame on all selected events touched by the timeline cursor

Users can specify one of four options for the shading of the VEGAS Pro interface ranging from very bright to a dark interface

Users can define the amount (strength) of color they want shown in their buttons

Modern controls enable logical docking and undocking of windows and maximizing windows within a dock

A user-friendly and intuitive Render As dialog box makes it easy to understand and specify render options

The Share Online option now provides direct render-and-upload operations for YouTube, FaceBook, and Vimeo

Optimized default user layout to reduce visual clutter

Non-selected timeline clip events are now the same color as the corresponding track header while selected events are white. This (while directly opposite previous behavior) reduces visual "clutter" and the harsh appearance of events, particularly in large projects

New layout option enables user to switch back to the VEGAS Pro 14 default layout, including revealing all buttons in the hamburger menu system

The default Pan type has been changed to Constant Power which is the most logical and expected type

Audio notification alerts you when your render is complete for all format types

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti (12 GB)* Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Resolve Studio 18 * Edius X* Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED * internal HDR preview * i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE * 32 GB Ram) * Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB * internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor * Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG-K 1600 nits, Atomos Sumo

Others: Edius NX (Canopus NX)-card in an old XP-System. Edius 4.6 and other systems

kim-s wrote on 8/31/2017, 4:09 AM

tracks gropping..... i dont see media file...

set wrote on 8/31/2017, 4:16 AM

tracks gropping..... i dont see media file...

problem has been confirmed by the developers and will be fixed on the first update.

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

PacoDeCasa wrote on 9/7/2017, 3:29 AM

Mercalli and BCC are no longer included in vegas 15???

Kit-As-Was wrote on 9/7/2017, 7:40 AM

My guess is that the bundled versions are only good for the version of Vegas they came with. But that's a guess. I just got confirmation from New Blue that their products that come with Vegas 15 are good beyond the life of 15:

Caleb, Sep 7, 01:54 PDT

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your interest in our products and for getting in touch.  Typically our bundled products will only activate in the version of Vegas the are bundled with.  But in this case, you will receive full retail versions of Filters 5 and Titler Pro 5 respectively that will indeed work in later versions of Vegas as well as other editing applications.

Thanks again for your interest!

Caleb
NewBlueFX

brian-kolbasky wrote on 9/7/2017, 2:33 PM

My guess is that the bundled versions are only good for the version of Vegas they came with. But that's a guess. I just got confirmation from New Blue that their products that come with Vegas 15 are good beyond the life of 15:

Caleb, Sep 7, 01:54 PDT

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your interest in our products and for getting in touch.  Typically our bundled products will only activate in the version of Vegas the are bundled with.  But in this case, you will receive full retail versions of Filters 5 and Titler Pro 5 respectively that will indeed work in later versions of Vegas as well as other editing applications.

Thanks again for your interest!

Caleb
NewBlueFX

Well then, You should do that for everyone....

james-ollick wrote on 9/13/2017, 1:22 PM

The upgrade for Mercalli 4 and CMOS Fixr that was bundled with VP14 Suite is now available on proDAD's website for $99 US. https://www.prodad.com/Video-Stabilization-for-Professionals/Mercalli-V4-Plugins-for-Vegas-29796,l-us.html

That gets you the stabilizer, CMOS Fixr and a standalone version of the stabilizer. I purchased it last night.

Home built PC - Corsair case, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code motherboard, i9 9900k, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz,  Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB graphics card, Corsair 1000 watt power supply. Windows 11.

VP 21 BCC 2024 Boris FX Continuum Complete, Titler Pro v7. Various NewBlue effects.

bigrock wrote on 9/28/2017, 2:38 AM

The upgrade for Mercalli 4 and CMOS Fixr that was bundled with VP14 Suite is now available on proDAD's website for $99 US. https://www.prodad.com/Video-Stabilization-for-Professionals/Mercalli-V4-Plugins-for-Vegas-29796,l-us.html

That gets you the stabilizer, CMOS Fixr and a standalone version of the stabilizer. I purchased it last night.

Does that work in 15?

NickHope wrote on 9/28/2017, 4:32 AM

Does that work in 15?

@bigrock That's what it's intended for. I haven't tested it myself though.

james-ollick wrote on 9/28/2017, 7:31 AM

Does that work in 15?

Yes, I tested it and it works. I was told by ProDad it should also work with 16 when it comes out. But, even if it did not, the standalone version you get with the upgrade will work with any platform, just not from within the platform.

theNightFuryfan95 wrote on 7/22/2018, 10:02 PM

Have any of the updates addressed a bug with the Dynamic Ram Preview (Shift+B)?? I was trying out Pro 15 but it won't do this preview for my projects that I am working on in Pro 14. Thats a key feature that SHOULD work; I've never had this issue upon upgrading. I won't buy till I know this is remedied. (I just tried one of the patches and its still not fixed, any ideas?)

I will say so far I like the looks of 15. (The selective paste is something I have wanted FOREVER!! THANK YOU!)

PS: Idea for Pro 16: Could you PLEASE make it to where we can create custom folders in Vid effects/Transition tabs for like our favorite, most used ones?? That way you don't have to scroll up and and down for the ones you want, or for those used for specific projects. -Thanks!

fr0sty wrote on 8/1/2018, 5:42 PM

What bug? It works fine for me... just gotta make sure you have enough RAM specified in the dynamic RAM preview settings.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

Grazie wrote on 8/3/2018, 1:02 AM

@ James

Yes, I tested it and it works. I was told by ProDad it should also work with 16 when it comes out. But, even if it did not, the standalone version you get with the upgrade will work with any platform, just not from within the platform.

Standalone restricts output. Recently I stepped into a “not-so-much” experience. Went back into the Plugin and used my Vegas outputs. Worth considering James 😉.

joe654 wrote on 9/3/2018, 5:35 PM

I am really excited about the date. Thank you so much for sharing this date.

vkmast wrote on 9/3/2018, 5:42 PM

Which date might that be? VP 16 just came out.