VEGAS Pro 15 Update 3 (build 311) - General Discussion

Comments

ItsHyperComplicated wrote on 3/10/2018, 9:30 AM

HA! I fixed that Time Display-dissapearance by accident! I was toggling between window layouts and suddenly it whizz-banged where it's supposed to be and I still see what I need to see on the track automations etc. about the same way as they were in VP14 ( = not disrupting my workflow and everything else for that matter.)

So, that's definitely a bug and not having the possibility to select the Time Display from the View menu is just a silly blunder IMHO. Having the Time Display on a separate, clear window (as it had always been!) is one of the most crucial and critical things a NLE needs to have., esp. when working on a multi-screen layout. That is my opinion of course, but you surely don't make it easily available for those who need the feature. I would recommend you add the Time Display feature to the View-menu and make detaching the time counter more readily available, it was by pure chance that I got my old window layout + tracks showing up in VP14 at the same time. Not good. Not good.

Thank you.

vkmast wrote on 3/10/2018, 9:44 AM

As Marco. shows, the Time Display can indeed be "detached to its separate window." There are the dots on the left side.

ItsHyperComplicated wrote on 3/10/2018, 9:51 AM

As Marco. shows, the Time Display can indeed be "detached to its separate window." There are the dots on the left side.

Then there was something wrong after I tried the layout change to VP14 because those didn't appear in my UI. I'm familiar with that undocking method. Tried right-clicking, which brought forth the Time Display options but no way to detach it etc. I would reproduce the problem but I cannot afford to risk this project now that I've got the windows all set up.

AND even if that would've been the case, it still needs to be added into the "View" menu, IMHO. Like I said, one of the most crucial features of a NLE.

Marco. wrote on 3/10/2018, 9:57 AM

In the view menu only windows are listed which can be turned both on and off. But you cannot turn the timecode display off.

Norbert wrote on 4/19/2018, 8:05 AM

An other problem, in multi camera mode the left and right arrows when I want to see the timeline frame by frame the playhead would move on the timeline not changing the frames frame by frame, or when it changes it skips a few frames.

Fiola wrote on 4/21/2018, 1:54 PM

So, I was working on a new project. Using just basic MP4 H264 files and GH5 footage (same as I mentioned earlier so many times) ... I have got "VEGAS STOPS WORKING" and gray-inactive-screen every like 2 minutes. That was painful experience. Is there any new patch upcoming? There needs to be something new coming, right? As I mentioned two weeks ago, Magix should really bring more frequent patching for the issues, or everyone will leave this software.

I really feel that most of the time I am wasting my time at work just because of the software and not my skills, which is painful especially because outside is so nice weather where I am now ... daaaamn.

max8 wrote on 4/21/2018, 8:17 PM

@Norbert

In Build 321 I can't reproduce this. Could it be that you did not zoom in close enough to move frame by frame?

Usually this behaviour depends on the zoom level. If you use Alt+arrow key you will always move frame by frame.

NickHope wrote on 4/21/2018, 11:52 PM

This thread is about an old version. The thread about the current version (VP15 build 321) is here: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-15-update-4-build-321-general-discussion--110655/ Please use that thread unless an issue is specifically about build 311.

Fiola wrote on 4/22/2018, 3:38 AM

Sorry Nick. My mistake.

Norbert wrote on 4/22/2018, 5:08 AM

@Norbert

In Build 321 I can't reproduce this. Could it be that you did not zoom in close enough to move frame by frame?

Usually this behaviour depends on the zoom level. If you use Alt+arrow key you will always move frame by frame.

I'll make a video next week to show you the new problems with milticam editing.

Norbert wrote on 4/24/2018, 12:57 PM

@max8

Here is a video about my problem, I hope it's useful for you.

Marco. wrote on 4/24/2018, 1:22 PM

This works fine here in build 321. For your tally problem: Did you try disabling GPU acceleration?

And for the frame-by-frame stepping: On your video it seems like when you try stepping through the frames even the time display does not count the frames, So it really looks like you just zoomed too much into the timeline. Then either zooming out or using Alt+Left/Right should help.

Edit:
Back to your tally problem: My guess is you either have Quantize to Frames turned off or your media's frame rate does not match the project frame rate (or the timeline's ruler frame rate). Thus you maybe did not split the video at the correct frame boundary. That could cause your preview showing the last frame of the last Event while your switching the Takes of the next Event.
The frame stepping issue could also be a result of the wrong Quantize option.

So first thing to check: "Quantize to Frames" in the Options menu should be selected.

Norbert wrote on 4/24/2018, 2:05 PM

This works fine here in build 321. For your tally problem: Did you try disabling GPU acceleration?

And for the frame-by-frame stepping: On your video it seems like when you try stepping through the frames even the time display does not count the frames, So it really looks like you just zoomed too much into the timeline. Then either zooming out or using Alt+Left/Right should help.

Edit:
Back to your tally problem: My guess is you either have Quantize to Frames turned off or your media's frame rate does not match the project frame rate (or the timeline's ruler frame rate). Thus you maybe did not split the video at the correct frame boundary. That could cause your preview showing the last frame of the last Event while your switching the Takes of the next Event.

The frames are Quantized to Frames, there aren't "half frames" on the timeline. The source frame rates and the project settings are 50fps. Turning off the GPU and Zooming in or out won't solve the problem.

Marco. wrote on 4/24/2018, 2:07 PM

What about the settings of your Options menu?

Norbert wrote on 4/24/2018, 2:19 PM

I use 25 fps during editing for realtime playback but it isn't what causes my problem.

Marco. wrote on 4/24/2018, 2:20 PM

Could you show a screenshot of your VP15 Options menu?

Norbert wrote on 4/24/2018, 2:24 PM

What about the settings of your Options menu?

Wow, that was the problem! I thought I would get half frames if the timeline isn't Quantized so I didn't check that menu, thank you!

Marco. wrote on 4/24/2018, 2:28 PM

Yes, the problem is if this option is turned off the timeline cursor could move in steps much smaller than frames and Events could be split in between the frames which could cause several kinds of issues. While this option is fine for audio editing, it doesn't make much sense for video editing and better should be turned off then.

geo wrote on 5/19/2018, 5:01 PM

I have build 216 installed. What do I upgrade to next?

vkmast wrote on 5/19/2018, 6:05 PM

I have build 216 installed. What do I upgrade to next?

You can update to build 321. All updates are cumulative.

The next upgrade will be Vegas Pro 16 when that version comes out.

geo wrote on 5/20/2018, 10:34 AM

vkmast, thank you.

Kinvermark wrote on 5/20/2018, 12:15 PM

We are working on another free update (Update #5) now. It will be a strong update with nearly 30 fixes, including one of the ones that has gotten the most noise here. It will be available "within the next weeks."

...and looks like one more free UPDATE, before Vegas 16. Just FYI. Posted a few days ago.

vkmast wrote on 5/20/2018, 12:50 PM

...and looks like one more free UPDATE, before Vegas 16. Just FYI. Posted a few days ago

Posted here in the build 321 thread.

Lukasz wrote on 5/21/2018, 2:06 AM

Hello, I am a vegas 13 user and I tested vegas 14 and vegas 15 and still the latest versions can hang my program. I believe that magix is working hard on its new versions but still this program is a lot of problems for many users. For this magix has blocked the testing of longer projects than 2 minutes and it convinces me that the magix has something to hide. I do projects that have up to 3 hours and before I buy a new edition of the vegas 15 I have to have it fully tested so as not to throw money down the drain. Do puki magix will not unlock the possibility of testing vegas then I will not buy a newer version. Overall, I'm disgusted with the magix approach to testing their new versions of vegas.