VEGAS Pro 17 Update 1 (build 321) - General Discussion

Comments

fr0sty wrote on 9/24/2019, 5:37 PM

Release: VEGAS Pro now supports NVENC-based lossless encoding templates on qualifying Nvidia hardware.

What Nvidia hardware is supported?

https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

fr0sty wrote on 9/24/2019, 5:41 PM

"One more odd thing, NVidia Geforce Experience sees the preview window as a game and starts recording it as such, with shadowplay, even before this update."

This is because, in order to get around Nvidia and AMD's limitations preventing consumer grade GPUs from displaying 10 bit unless you are playing a game in Direct X full screen, Magix cleverly rewrote their engine to utilize Direct X so that we can get full screen HDR previews on any modern GPU.

Your software is probably seeing a full screen direct X app launching, and starts recording, thinking it is a game.

Last changed by fr0sty on 9/24/2019, 5:42 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

Len Kaufman wrote on 9/24/2019, 8:25 PM

Unexpected behaviour. Not all my 3rd Party Licences Settings were immediately recognised. Updating required a PC Reboot to reactivate my BORIS MOCHAPRO19 License.

@Grazie Same for many of my NewBlueFX plugins. And rebooting didn't solve the problem. Even worse, when trying to put in the serial numbers for them (I have them all duly recorded), the serial #s are not recognized. As I have relied on many of those plugins for a very long time, this is a pretty big setback. Glad I still have VP16 still installed.

Going to the NB site where my purchases should be available for re-download, etc., many of them are not there. Yes, I know some came with various Vegas upgrades. Can anyone tell me where those might be found? NB doesn't support (at least as far as serial #s go) those plugs that came with various Vegas upgrades.

Len Kaufman wrote on 9/24/2019, 8:39 PM

It seems to me that this latest upgrade VP17 v 321 completely trashed my NEWBLU FX plugins. And I have a huge number that I depend on. Really screwed up behavior now, and has apparently affected my VP16 as well.

The Vegas Plugins seem to be OK. Seems only NewBlue is affected. When I try to utilize a filter package consisting of Colorfast 2, Vegas Brightness/Contrast, and Smart Sharpen, it will work (sort of) on the first clip I use it on, though instead of Colorfast 2, what shows up is "Film Camera." I never use film camera. I have no idea how that shows up.

Now here, it gets even weirder. If I try to use that same package on a 2nd clip, Colorfast 2 shows up as "unregistered," and when I hit OK, all 3 disappear.

I've repeated this so many times, I'm sick of it. Doesn't matter what the first and 2nd clips are that I choose to try it on. Same result

So, I went to the NewBlue site, found my Colorfast 2 in the list. It said "not registered." Downloaded again, but it doesn't show up in the list of plugins, so I can't try it alone, and trying the above package again produces the same result. On top of that, many (most?) of my NewBlue plugins no longer work. Some no longer show up in the list.

I tried going back to previous version of Vegas (271) with same result. Even worse, trying VP 16 also produces same result.

Kind of at wit's end. And I have work I need to get out. Open to suggestions. Anyone?

Len Kaufman wrote on 9/24/2019, 9:13 PM

@Len Kaufman see if https://www.newbluefx.com/download-dash/ helps. Check Legacy to see NLE/Host options.

Hi. Thank you for that. I tried that, but the NB site doesn't cooperate. NB has long been a sticking point for most of the problems I've encountered with VP. I have all of the serial numbers, but none of them work. I keep good records of download links and serial numbers.

@vkmast

fr0sty wrote on 9/24/2019, 9:26 PM

That is a New Blue issue, if it is affecting all of your versions. Seek support from them.

Len Kaufman wrote on 9/24/2019, 9:51 PM

That is a New Blue issue, if it is affecting all of your versions. Seek support from them.

I sent the above to them, though I usually get a quicker response here.

@fr0sty

zdogg wrote on 9/24/2019, 10:17 PM

I find that these "writing off" of every problem with third parties is a bit stinky. If these programs were sold as part of a Vegas package, at ANY TIME, they should still work, and Vegas should insure that, outside of perhaps a change such as going from 32 bit to 64. Other than that, people should not have their investments trashed because they want to get the latest version of Vegas. I've never seen the likes of this. IN the audio world, VSTs and VSTi-s ALL work regardless of what update, version number, etc. This whole business is a bit nauseating to me, quite honestly. I love Vegas, but, when companies think it is their job to decimate stability and compatibility (not with everything, but for what has always been compatible) for a hamburger menu or other trinkets....I'm pissed. So many have configured systems, invested hour upon hour into learning, developing habits, workarounds, compatible peripherals, and for the company they've supported with hard cash, and for years, to be cavalier about all of that is UNACCEPTBLE.....AFAIAC.

fr0sty wrote on 9/24/2019, 10:38 PM

I know for a fact that when incompatibilities are found with upcoming versions, Magix will contact all the developers of the various apps and let them know so they can prep an update for the software, as this happened with Neat Video when Vegas 17 first launched. The team had an update out within days of launch, and the neat video guys told me they'd been in touch with Magix prior to release to get the update ready.

However, unless you never want that update to drop while Magix waits around for various software vendors to get it together and respond to their warnings about needing to update their software, then we'd be stuck with bugs that could have long since been fixed.

That is why it is important for people to contact the vendor of their third party plugins when they experience issues with them, not Magix. These people's customers will light a fire under their *** a whole lot faster than an e-mail from Magix will. Magix has no control over whether or when these software plugin makers decide to update their software, so we shouldn't expect Magix to have to police them into doing their jobs and keeping their software up to date with the parent apps it is supposed to exist within.

As for DAWs and VST, the claim that all the plugins that utilize VST work as they should, not exactly true. There's all kinds of issues with plugins not working because they're the wrong bit depth (32 when you needed 64, etc) that I've experienced over the years working with Reaper. There is no perfect plugin architecture that never needs to be updated to keep everything working right.

I realize how frustrating it can be to invest in a bunch of plugins and have them stop working, and I too am not fond of how many plugins are restricted to a certain version of Vegas if you get it as a bundle, but we have to be real about this, Magix can only do so much to force fixes from plugins they don't develop.

Last changed by fr0sty on 9/24/2019, 10:46 PM, changed a total of 5 times.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

Martin L wrote on 9/25/2019, 4:40 AM

I was just about to install the build 321 but when I read here that NB plugins disappear and perhaps can't be reregistered etc I decided to wait until next update. Hopefully this is a minor bug that can be quickly fixed in the next update which I hope will be SOON. Keep it up dear developers!

set wrote on 9/25/2019, 5:43 AM

My NB Plugins TotalFX3, TitlerPro 6, and 7 are still working.

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

vkmast wrote on 9/25/2019, 6:04 AM

These NBFX of mine are showing and working as well after b321 installed.

Len Kaufman wrote on 9/25/2019, 10:19 AM

I spent several hours this morning, going through ALL of my NB (and other) plugins. The important ones for me that are not working are Video Essentials for Windows (i..though it had no number when published), Vid Essent ii for Win, Vid Essent.iii for Windows and Colorfast 2.

I went to NB's download page. I was able to download and reinstall Vid Essent iii, but the link for the download for Vid Essent ii is broken. There was no download on my list for Video Essent (the original one with no number).

The most important one for me that is not working is Colorfast 2. It's part of a number of plugin packages I have assembled over the years. I was able to download and install the link for Colorfast 2, and it initially showed up in the list of plugins, but when I click on it, it shows up on the timeline as "unregistered." If you then hit "OK" to apply it to the clip, it disappears, both on the timeline and in the list of plugins. Also, if you do the preceding with several other plugins, for example as part of a plugin package, they ALL disappear from the timeline. I did the download and install a number of times with the same result (the working definition of insanity). I have a ticket in with NB, and put urgent on it.

I'm still working with VP 17 v284, trying to get that back to normal.

I will post here as soon as I hear anything from NB. They are 3 hours behind (California), so should be getting to work soon.

vkmast wrote on 9/25/2019, 10:45 AM

@Len Kaufman any difference when you did a "Search by serial number" (Current and/or Legacy)?

Karsten-Semmer wrote on 9/25/2019, 10:47 AM

BUG: The FX VEGAS White Balance does not store all values to file. They are different when you load the project again. Especially the "Amount of correction" is not stored.

j-v wrote on 9/25/2019, 11:01 AM

+1 Confirmed here on laptop

met vriendelijke groet
Marten

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, DJI Osmo Pocket, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W11 home version 23H2, i7 9700 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti with driver
560.70 Studiodriver and Intel HD graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Laptop  :Asus ROG Str G712L, W11 home version 23H2, CPU i7-10875H, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Studiodriver 560.70 and Intel UHD Graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Vegas software: VP 10 to 21 and VMS(pl) 10,12 to 17.
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEM CELL DONOR!!! (because it saved my life in 2016)

frmax wrote on 9/25/2019, 11:37 AM

My NB filters (like color fast 2), elements and Titler Pro 6 are working without problems (VP 17 Build 321). Funny, BCC 3D Objects (VP 15 Installation?) are revived and are working even in Titler Pro 6;

Installed VP 15, 16, 17 and Video Pro X, I don´t deinstall old versions; some of filter weren´t installed with VP (Titler Pro 6 for example), but plugin factory apparently integrated them.....

System: I9900K,32GB,2080RTX,SSDs, Win10Pro 1903

I9900K, RTX 2080, 32GB RAM, 512Mb M2, 1TB SSD, VEGAS Pro 14-20 (Post), Magix ProX, HitfilmPro
AMD 5900, RTX 3090 TI, 64GB RAM, 1 TB M2 SSD, 4 TB HD, VP 21 Post

Monitor LG 32UN880; Camera Sony FDR-AX53; Photo Canon EOS, Samsung S22 Ultra

Carl-G wrote on 9/25/2019, 12:15 PM

My NB filters are all working perfectly after Vp16 Build 321 install, as is the complete Boris Continuum package. Happy Camper! In case someone forgot to mention.... Thanks for the update!

edit: VP 17 build 321

joost-berk wrote on 9/25/2019, 2:24 PM

I experience an "insufficient amount of GPU RAM" error during rendering, when I use Neat Video Reduce Noise V5 in VP17-321 when my File I/O is set to NVENC. This is the GPU that I also use for the video processing. I also get a command-box from Neat Video when opening the plugin itself. But When I turn al video processing to "CPU only" in Neat Video, the rendering still stops for insufficient GPU RAM. But I want to use NVENC set in File I/O because it is a big improvement over QSV for Long GOP files.

Vegas Pro user since version 1.2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR (Latest Studio Driver)

Monitoring: Black Magic Design DeckLink SDI 4K (or Nvidia HDMI for 4K HDR)

Audio: M-Audio M-Track Eight ASIO

Controller: Behringer X-Touch

fr0sty wrote on 9/25/2019, 2:31 PM

Try going into preferences and setting dynamic RAM preview to 0.

joost-berk wrote on 9/25/2019, 2:34 PM

Try going into preferences and setting dynamic RAM preview to 0.

I am going to trie that directly tomorow morning! Thanks for that tip!

UPDATE:

After putting dynamic RAM preview to 0, and setting File I/O to NVIDIA NVDEC let me render my complex time line with Neat Video Reduce Noise V5 in CPU+GPU mode! I am verry happy with this fix! Thanks @fr0sty

Last changed by joost-berk on 9/26/2019, 3:53 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Vegas Pro user since version 1.2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR (Latest Studio Driver)

Monitoring: Black Magic Design DeckLink SDI 4K (or Nvidia HDMI for 4K HDR)

Audio: M-Audio M-Track Eight ASIO

Controller: Behringer X-Touch

pedro75652 wrote on 9/25/2019, 2:58 PM

for when support for Flash Video (FLV)

fr0sty wrote on 9/25/2019, 3:46 PM

Probably never. Flash is a dying format. Many of the most popular platforms out there are dropping support for it.

Last changed by fr0sty on 9/25/2019, 3:47 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

Alexandre wrote on 9/26/2019, 8:23 AM

I'm having a lot of problems with the new version of Vegas 17 Pro Build 321. How do I get back to the previous Bild? My computer is dell xps 7590, I7, 16gb, GTX 1650, ssd 1tb

Extra Information
   File:                C:\Users\XPS\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\17.0\fileio_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\XPS\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\17.0\dx_video_grovel_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\XPS\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\17.0\svfx_video_grovel_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\XPS\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\17.0\ocio_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\XPS\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\17.0\dx_grovel_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\XPS\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\17.0\gpu_video_x64.log
   File:                D:\Editando videos\Chacara BSB.veg

Problem Description
   Application Name:    VEGAS Pro
   Application Version: Version 17.0 (Build 321)
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
   Fault Module:        C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
   Fault Address:       0x00007FFAD833CAA7
   Fault Offset:        0x000000000000CAA7

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 17.0\vegas170.exe
   Process Version:     Version 17.0 (Build 321)
   Process Description: VEGAS Pro
   Process Image Date:  2019-09-18 (Wed Sep 18) 22:59:10