A few clarifications

Comments

vkmast wrote on 9/29/2016, 11:22 AM

And now - back to topic please.

Yes. You may notice that the email question was somewhat clarified today elsewhere in this comment

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/why-am-i-not-receiving-emails-from-vegas-creative-software--103836/#ca641201

I'm sure what George (and a few others) have been asking will also now get duly attended to. I'm sure also that we all prefer exciting to exiting.

OldSmoke wrote on 9/29/2016, 11:25 AM

Everyone,

I realize that the wording of the post we published at the time of the earlier promotional offer has caused much of this frustration and we're all sorry for that. We seriously value each and every one of you as customers—old as well as new. While there will likely be future promotional pricing, we intend to build loyalty based on quality and value, not on deep discount pricing that cannot possibly sustain a business. I truly hope you will stay with us.

Thanks for your passion.

Gary 

ps; yes, I'm a MAGIX employee, but for some reason we haven't figured out yet, the black badge with M in it doesn't appear for me.

Appology accepted!

I just cant see how selling an additional few hundred copies of VP14PRO @199 is worse then losing or not selling a few hundred copies at 249?

I am done.

Last changed by OldSmoke on 9/29/2016, 11:27 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Proud owner of Sony Vegas Pro 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 and now Magix VP15&16.

System Spec.:
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime-A

Ram: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 2666 XMP

CPU: i7-9800x @ 4.6GHz (custom water cooling system)
GPU: 1x AMD Vega Pro Frontier Edition (water cooled)
Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

PSU: Corsair 1200W
Monitor: 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (2560x1440)

Eagle Six wrote on 9/29/2016, 11:49 AM

Everyone,

I realize that the wording of the post we published at the time of the earlier promotional offer has caused much of this frustration and we're all sorry for that. We seriously value each and every one of you as customers—old as well as new. While there will likely be future promotional pricing, we intend to build loyalty based on quality and value, not on deep discount pricing that cannot possibly sustain a business. I truly hope you will stay with us.

Thanks for your passion.

Gary 

ps; yes, I'm a MAGIX employee, but for some reason we haven't figured out yet, the black badge with M in it doesn't appear for me.

Hi Gary,

Thank You for your reply, explanation and apology.  Seriously, if I were to respond to your points, it would appear to be argumentative, which would be counter productive.  However, considering the pricing policy, the improvements in v14, the email address issue and the attitude of at least one non-employee mod in this forum, I find it difficult to continue with Vegas Pro. 

Just one point of clarification I would like to make before closing......my loyalty has never been based on deep discounts.  It was based on value both in the product and the treatment from the company.  I'm disappointed in both.  My product loyalty will now pass to another NLE.

With all respect, I wish you the best of luck in the future with Magix.

Sincerely........George

System Specs......
Corsair Obsidian Series 450D ATX Mid Tower
Asus X99-A II LGA 2011-v3, Intel X99 SATA 6 Gb/s USB 3.1/3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-6800K 15M Broadwell-E, 6 core 3.4 GHz LGA 2011-v3 (overclocked 20%)
64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200
Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
MSI Radeon R9 390 DirectX 12 8GB Video Card
Corsair RMx Series RM750X 740W 80 Plus Gold power pack
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 boot drive
Corsair Neutron XT 2.5 480GB SATA III SSD - video work drive
Western Digitial 1TB 7200 RPM SATA - video work drive
Western Digital Black 6TB 7200 RPM SATA 6Bb/s 128MB Cache 3.5 data drive

Bluray Disc burner drive
2x 1080p monitors
Microsoft Window 10 Pro
DaVinci Resolve Studio 16 pb2
SVP13, MVP15, MVP16, SMSP13, MVMS15, MVMSP15, MVMSP16

OldSmoke wrote on 9/29/2016, 11:59 AM

I can fully understand you George. Like me, my loyalty is/was not based on pricing but of Vegas capabilities and ease of use with professional results.

I am deeply disappointed too, I changed it from deeply mad, and I am currently looking at alternatives like Adobe and FCPX.

I am still hoping someone from Magix will come to their senses and correct the mistake(s) made earlier. Let's frace it, we, owners of Sony VP13 Pro, have been robbed of the opportunity to upgrade to Vegas Pro 14 @ 199 by telling us not to do so.

System Spec.:

Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

Sedazin wrote on 9/29/2016, 12:09 PM

I can not follow this argumentation. "Based on loyality" and then you shamelessly take 50 bucks more from those who have been loyal Vegas Pro users before?

VidMus wrote on 9/29/2016, 12:15 PM

Everyone,

Thanks for your passion.

Gary 

Well Gary, if you REALLY value your older customers then you would realize that a "...deep discount pricing..." for us ‘older’ users is an investment NOT something that cannot sustain a business. The older users of Vegas are one of the most important investments you can make! We have the experience to help new users. We have the experience to catch bugs that new users most likely will not catch. We can make the best suggestions for Vegas Pro.

To see such a negative response from so many 'older' users is not good for any company!

I can go on and on explaining this but if Magix cannot see us 'older' users as an investment but only as an expense then Magix does not deserve our continued business!

One of the things that have kept me with Vegas for so long was the built in audio tools. When there was all that talk about the demise of Vegas I diligently spent hours trying to find ways to do the same thing outside of Vegas and I found the ways I need. All of that after I prayed about it and the Lord answered my prayer. All praise, honor and glory to Him!

Vegas Pro is the third NLE I have used. If Magix cannot see me, a person who started with version 6 and has upgraded EVERYTIME as an investment in the future of Vegas Pro then I guess I can overlook my now being proficient with Vegas Pro and move on.

Deep discount pricing that cannot possibly sustain a business? I wonder how much business sustaining money Magix will lose by losing the older Vegas Pro users?

I sincerely hope you and Magix will reconsider all of this and do the RIGHT thing for us older users of Vegas Pro.

Most Sincerely,

Danny Fye

vidmus

VIDeo - MUSic

NormanPCN wrote on 9/29/2016, 12:45 PM

Everyone,

While there will likely be future promotional pricing, we intend to build loyalty based on quality and value, not on deep discount pricing that cannot possibly sustain a business.

Gary 

Gary and MAGIX,

I don't think much of the flap here is about the absolute pricing. First the different pricing of summer offer to upgrade to 13 now and get 14 when it arrives comapred to the upgrade pricing now is a problem. I got that email. I've yet to receive a current 14 upgrade email. I'm in the US. Why would a user who has 13 right now upgrade to 13. It is very logical to assume, and yes assumptions ares bad, but it is logical to assume that the upgrade when 14 arrives should be at the same price. It was not. One can extrapolate this to MAGIX behavior and that is not very desireable. Appologies about the wording of the orignal email is weak. Again a possible indication.

Talk about historical Vegas upgrade pricing from a MAGIX employee that was clearly false is not good and a possible inidcation.

Now we get talk about "value". Is $249 US a value for Vegas Pro? I think the forum has spoken. VP14 being called 13.5. I don't think DVDA has had any additions and it has actually had the removal of the AC3 Pro encoder. The AC3 studio encoder does not cut it. There are forum posts going way back that clearly show this. Getting more money out of us by saving the AC3 Pro license costs is a gain a possible indication.

Adding value with third party bundles is something that is done when the application itself is not adding much value. Mercalli is something here in 14. Mercalli is an awesome product that solves a problem quite well for a good segment of people. The problem with adding via third party bundles is that if the thing is truely usefull and sovles a real problem then we users probably already have purchased a solution to that problem. Maybe even the same product you are bundling. Vegas already had a "native" stabilizer. It was developed by Prodad and was actually a stripped down version of Mercalli V2. So the new bundle is not really filling a product hole, but rather just something "better" than what was always offered. Bundling and upgrades and value is tricky. Especially if they are expensive bundle items. Having upgrades offered without expensive bundles would be very good will.

SphinxRa40 wrote on 9/29/2016, 1:14 PM

Everyone,

Thanks for your passion.

Gary 

Apology accepted...have some thoughts and feelings about it but it's time to go to the sideline of this thread, better for my health :)

Sincerely,

Elvis

Curtsong wrote on 9/29/2016, 1:17 PM

Thank you for the email directing me to this post.  After recently discovering the acquisition of Vegas by Magix, I felt clueless on what was going on.  I have been a Vegas user for over a decade and have enjoyed this NLE. And I have always appreciated the attention to its customer base.  I tend to agree with Monoparadox on the pricing.  Though, I'm sure it's a great upgrade, I'm not willing to pay that much right now.  I have since logged in and updated my profile so I may be notified. 

nick-h wrote on 9/29/2016, 1:50 PM

Hi Gary,

I'm really struggling to find the quality and value you talk about,

I don't think anyone expects a company to survive on discounted products,but this is Magix first major outing with Vegas and I think alot of the current user base feels they deserve a very good deal to stay with the software,

This is looking very un-likely now,the fact that most of he value added is via 3rd party is not so good,

I myself already own high end software like Mocha for motion tracking, the full Bcc collection and pretty much most of the new blue fx,so I'm sure alot of the long term Vegas users also,so lets strip away what is really on offer,

It's mainly a bunch of fixes which should have been done a year ago,the addition of rather odd functionality,

This really should have been a free update to V13 owners or this may upset some a Fred update to those who have been with Vegas 10

Spectralis wrote on 9/29/2016, 10:20 PM

I'm confused. Apparently Magix is going forward with quality rather than deep discounting. Then why offer Vegas Pro 14 to new users for $199 and then $249? This contradiction between word and deed is what really winds me up. It appears to be acceptable to offer deep discounting to new users but for long term investors in the Vegas Pro line we are told to prioritise loyalty over discounts. If we complain about this approach then the implication is that we are a bunch of disloyal freeloaders. There is nothing wrong with expecting a better deal than new users. And pointing out that Sony offered upgrade prices that were $99 less than the current price for the first 30 days is a statement of fact in response to repeated misinformation by Magix about past pricing. This misinformation was used to justify the current price and could not be left to stand unchallenged by many of us who knew otherwise.

Changing the goal posts like this is not playing fair. What use is loyalty if it can be so easily abused? What is quality worth if this means a selection of bug fixes? And more importantly, why should we subsidise new users to keep Magix afloat?

NickHope wrote on 9/29/2016, 10:53 PM

Then why offer Vegas Pro 14 to new users for $199 and then $249?

Those deals were never intended for new users. They all state "upgrade" [Edit: Apparently not true in some cases of the July VP13+VP14 exclusive welcome offer. See next comment]. Existing users' serial numbers weren't migrated from SCS database to MAGIX database in time for MAGIX to offer true upgrades tied to verified serial numbers of existing products. MAGIX therefore did the best they could to offer upgrades to existing users by sending emails to posters on the SCS Video Forum (where members had to be licensed owners) and through the Net Notify splash screen from Vegas Pro. However those emails and Net Notify point to web pages that are publicly available, and once those URLs had been publicly shared, new users were able to buy full licences there. Effectively it was a loophole.

That is all my personal interpretation and is not based on any inside knowledge.

Quitter wrote on 9/29/2016, 11:57 PM

Those deals were never intended for new users. They all state "upgrade".

Sorry again, but the deals don't  state all upgrade
There was also an " EXCLUSIVE WELCOME OFFER"

Last changed by Quitter on 9/30/2016, 12:40 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Camcorder: Sony CX 520 VE
Hardware:   Acer NG-A717-72G-71YD, Win 11 , i7-8750 H, 16GB, GTX 1060 6GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD
NLE:  Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 Build 453
            Vegas Pro 14.0 Build 270
            Vegas Pro 21.0 Build 300

Way23dbx wrote on 9/30/2016, 12:38 AM

Yes I got that email that said buy 13 now for $199 and get 14 free, never said anything about an upgrade.

I don't mind that new users got 13 for a lot less than I paid, I do mind that they also got both 13 and 14  for less than I paid for the version 14 upgrade, I wasn't too thrilled about the having to rush into the decision by Sept. 27th either.

I bought the version 14 Pro upgrade for $249 but the more I read in this forum the less happy I am, the clarification that was most recently posted seemed insulting.

I am retired and just a casual user so I don't earn a living using this software but if Magix thinks their response to this thread was fair then maybe my next upgrade will be to a competitor.

NickHope wrote on 9/30/2016, 12:45 AM

Hmm... I might be talking rubbish then. What URL does that "Buy Now" button send you to?

Quitter wrote on 9/30/2016, 12:51 AM

Sorry, i do not know anymore.
I' ve received this offer also per Mail in july

Camcorder: Sony CX 520 VE
Hardware:   Acer NG-A717-72G-71YD, Win 11 , i7-8750 H, 16GB, GTX 1060 6GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD
NLE:  Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 Build 453
            Vegas Pro 14.0 Build 270
            Vegas Pro 21.0 Build 300

OldSmoke wrote on 9/30/2016, 7:12 AM

Hmm... I might be talking rubbish then. What URL does that "Buy Now" button send you to?

I think now you can see how upset so many loyal users are especially when "someone" comes on here and tells you not to take it and wait for the next offer.

System Spec.:

VMP wrote on 9/30/2016, 7:36 AM

"Dear previous Vegas (Pro) owner/user, please be patient until we have transferred your serial number to our new database, then you can upgrade your current Vegas version to Vegas Pro 14 via your dashboard for the discounted upgrade price that you are used to before''

A sentence like that would have avoided much hassle on this board.

At SCS dashboard/my software, when there was a new software version available, you got a button beside your software list with a personal upgrade price offer (according to your serial number). With one click you could upgrade that specific software for the discounted price.

I am pretty sure that this will be the case when all the serials are migrated. The upgrade price will be similar too. It may take a while for that to happen (maybe months), but I do see it happening.

Becasue it is in the personal dashboard of the (loyal) customers who have already bought the previous software, there is no need to be worried that new cusotmers will not pay more.

NickHope wrote on 9/30/2016, 8:00 AM
I am pretty sure that this will be the case when all the serials are migrated. The upgrade price will be similar too. It may take a while for that to happen (maybe months), but I do see it happening.

Based on what the product owner told us a few posts back, I doubt the regular upgrade price for VP14 will change. But I bet we see one or two promotional windows where it drops by at least 50 dollars.

VMP wrote on 9/30/2016, 8:23 AM

Indeed Nick,

Like mister Rebholz states some posts earlier:
"While there will likely be future promotional pricing,..."
(...we intend to build loyalty based on quality and value, not on deep discount pricing that cannot possibly sustain a business. I truly hope you will stay with us.)

So for those (including me) who are used to a lower priced upgrade, an option would be to wait for a promotional pricing.

OldSmoke wrote on 9/30/2016, 8:37 AM

Indeed Nick,

Like mister Rebholz states some posts earlier:
"While there will likely be future promotional pricing,..."
(...we intend to build loyalty based on quality and value, not on deep discount pricing that cannot possibly sustain a business. I truly hope you will stay with us.)

So for those (including me) who are used to a lower priced upgrade, an option would be to wait for a promotional pricing.

So we assume that the current $249 is for current users of Magix VP13 and everyone that has an SCS version should wait? You guys are very very very opptomistic. Anyways, I'll certainly wait until I get the same offer and pricing we always had as loyal users of Sony Vegas Pro.

System Spec.:

Sedazin wrote on 9/30/2016, 9:16 AM

It has been stated here and in has been stated on facebook: The new upgrade price for Vegas Pro (not Edit) is $249.

On facebook Magix argued that the upgrade prices for Vegas have been lowered strategically by the old owner (SCS) during the past few years.

Even if I wanted to - I could not upgrade for $249 now - because I fear that the next uncontrolled-illcommunicated Magix offer will be much better. Magix played tricks on me once (and talked about loyality) ...

VMP wrote on 9/30/2016, 9:18 AM

Indeed OldSmoke, that's the only option I see. Beside that I haven't seen any major reason why I should go for VP14 as a replacement for my current VP13.

My biggest need is for an Acid Pro 64 bit version. Acid has been my main digital audio workstation (for scoring soundtracks), but it has been last updated on 2010. It being 32 bit (memory limited) it doesen't handle any new VST instruments, so I am now forced to use Sonar X3 software instead which is 64 bit. I Much rather use Acid, I have given this report to Magix team.

But VP13 still does what I need without using an alternative.

Spectralis wrote on 9/30/2016, 9:30 AM

I think the idea that we're going to get a better upgrade price than $249 is contradicted by all the statements coming from Magix so far. To paraphrase: No deep discounts; the price is fair; Sony charged the same price; Magix is a business not a charity; loyalty/quality require sacrifices etc. etc.