Project not found when loading the .vf file

Comments

VEGASDerek wrote on 2/10/2023, 4:15 PM

@Gator

Please update to the latest version of VEGAS Movie Studio 14...which is build 148.

Gator wrote on 2/10/2023, 4:35 PM

@VEGASDerek doing this now, will report back once complete. Thank you for the direction.

Gator wrote on 2/13/2023, 1:41 PM

@VEGASDerek Well, all is working now. I am so so so appreciative of everyone's help. @EricLNZ Thank you.

Jamie-Dogdad wrote on 3/19/2023, 9:54 AM

Hey guys I am having the same problem as up above . When using cc cleaner I erased my downloads folder .(my media folder) I believe I got most or all of the files back using recuva but my VF file won’t open same issue as above can I please get in on the assistance . I don’t want to lose my show I am so sad

EricLNZ wrote on 3/21/2023, 7:39 PM

@Jamie-Dogdad Please clarify your problem.

1. Which version and build of VMS do you have?
  2. Can you open your VMS with a blank project
  3. Then when you try to open an existing vf file what happens and is there an error message.
Jamie-Dogdad wrote on 3/21/2023, 9:07 PM

VMS 14.0 build 122

yes blank projects work fine .

I had a few dozen projects that I hadn’t finalized and the VFs and they no longer open.

I was using cc cleaner and it somehow deleted my downloads(and media folder) I recovered my video files and ect but now my VF won’t open. Some load To 43 percent and freezes

im really hoping I can at least open my FV files to dissect and try and fix the issues but I can’t open them .

I really don’t want to give up on my project.

Thanks for messaging back I wasn’t sure how old this thread was and was worried it went ghost

EricLNZ wrote on 3/21/2023, 10:29 PM

Upload one of your problem vf files to a cloud service such as Google Drive and post the link. We can then download and try. Don't worry that we don't have the media.

Doing this will help establish whether your vf file is corrupt, or if it's a problem with your installation.

EricLNZ wrote on 3/21/2023, 10:39 PM

@Jamie-Dogdad Also update your VMS14 platinum to build 148 which was the latest. Go to your Magix account https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/ and under My Products find your VMS14 and download from there which should give you build 148.

Jamie-Dogdad wrote on 3/22/2023, 7:38 AM

Wow thanks so much for the support !

https://www.mediafire.com/file/w5bbcpby6b461qg/Radiation+Harold+Episode+1.vf/file

thats one of the half dozen or so VF files that wont open, I was getting ready to Export into video. I thought my data was secure, but i guess i didnt have the time to finalize it in time before this cataclysm.

where on the website the My Products be found. I will continue to look for the 148 build

again the support is SO appreciated , If you can help resurrect Radiation Harold you will be my hero

Jamie-Dogdad wrote on 3/22/2023, 7:49 AM

might i get a more direct link to build 145? The one i downloaded from Magix did not open for me

vkmast wrote on 3/22/2023, 8:49 AM

@Jamie-Dogdad please see the download links for VEGAS Movie Studio 14 product line in section 5 here

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-where-can-i-download-vegas-movie-studio-17-or-earlier--134340/

Jamie-Dogdad wrote on 3/22/2023, 9:01 AM

I am unfortunately getting an error? when attempting to open

\MSIMG32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.

EricLNZ wrote on 3/22/2023, 5:10 PM

@Jamie-Dogdad Your vf file opens no problem in my VMS17Platinum. So the file is okay and it suggests you may have a system problem.

Jamie-Dogdad wrote on 3/22/2023, 5:52 PM

That’s great! I appreciate you,

so does this give me hope? , or does it only mean some files may have been corrupted on my computer , I’ll keep trying to update to 145 build I’m not sure why I got the error if it’s a problem with my computer. The version was a gift already on the pc. If I was to purchase a more recent version,

would I be able to get a refund if I couldn’t revive my project?. I wouldn’t have the heart to continue ambitions with Vegas, if it can’t be salvaged. Even though the cc cleaner mistake was my accident.

Im not ready to give up faith yet, so any other advice or suggestions about my broken VF file would be hugely appreciated.

thanks Vegas/Magix support team and helpful community members I appreciate you.

vkmast wrote on 3/22/2023, 6:43 PM

Please note that "a more recent version" of VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum is not available to purchase from the manufacturer (MAGIX) as the VMS product line has been discontinued. The current Movie Studios are based on a different product.

I wonder about "a gift already on the pc". Is the software listed on your MAGIX account > My products?

And btw, it's build 148, not 145.

EricLNZ wrote on 3/22/2023, 8:28 PM

@Jamie-Dogdad If your software doesn't appear in your Magix account which would indicate that it's not registered to you then you have a problem. It possibly also indicates that you don't have its serial number in order to activate?

One solution would be to purchase Vegas Pro Edit which is the cheapest Pro version. It's the full editor but without extras. Currently VP18 is on sale at Humble Bundle. This thread has a link https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/humble-bundle-vp18--140191/

VP18 Edit should open your vf files.

Jamie-Dogdad wrote on 3/22/2023, 8:38 PM

Ah yes I know she had the box along time ago but this is going back many years I don’t think I could get the serial. I’m sure she is or was registered but I am not. Though I am willing to put money towards fixing the issue if it can salvage my product because I am DEEPLY invested in it. I am genuinely saddened by the loss. I have invested many hours and sadly could not replicate again.

thanks for your advices. I’ll go through the files one by one over the next coming days or weeks to see the extend of the damage I’m in. I’m quite confident the cc cleaner incident was the culprit of the failure. I have recovered the files but they might be corrupt. That’s probably why my movies aren’t working :(

thanks guys