Comments

vkmast wrote on 4/17/2014, 9:34 AM
Have any of you checked what your SCS site VPro 13 Product pages show you?
I did not go through the ordering process though.
NormanPCN wrote on 4/17/2014, 9:34 AM
Vegas Pro 12 - 231.8MB

I was thinking the same thing. 62% increase and what was added? Nectar and NewBlue are separate downloads.
jetdv wrote on 4/17/2014, 9:55 AM
I see all of the Excalibur 6 items available to be added to the toolbar. I also see the standard "Script Menu" scripts available as well. I tested and they appeared on the toolbar just fine.
ForumAdmin wrote on 4/17/2014, 10:31 AM
If you're an owner of Vegas Pro 12 Suite, you already own most of the bonus items from Vegas Pro 13 Suite. The upgrade to Vegas Pro 13 would be the best purchase option for you. That will give you the updated Vegas Pro 13 core (which includes seven HitFilm plug-ins built into the installer), NewBlue Video Essentials VI, iZotope Nectar Elements, and DVD Architect Pro 6 (in case you were still using 5.2).

The versions of Vegas Pro Production Assistant and HitFilm Ultimate in Vegas Pro 13 Suite are the same that came with Vegas Pro 12 Suite. Hope that helps!
DanH wrote on 4/17/2014, 11:28 AM
Does the HitFilm product included with the Suite include the Mac version?

Thanks.
Dan
VMP wrote on 4/17/2014, 12:17 PM
Email arrived thanks SCS!

I will be pre-ordering the packaged version.
It's great to hold the package in hand :-D.

VMP
SonyDKF (SCS Dev) wrote on 4/17/2014, 12:19 PM
Thanks for your reply.

That's correct, dynamically added toolbar buttons for scripting are supported via the application's main toolbar, the same as in previous releases. Since scripting encompasses such a wide array of capabilities, it made sense to leave these for main toolbar customization.

In VP13, we've moved all the editing related toolbar buttons to the main timeline toolbar, where they are more easily accessed. The defaults now include event locking, and adding markers and regions, while the remaining ones are available via customization sorted by audio, video, and then settings.

Dee
mattc77 wrote on 4/17/2014, 12:20 PM
Ive had the email offer here in the uk but the sony store wont take my money for the upgrade. I thinking perhaps the site could be busy? I enter my details and it sends me back to the main store page grrrr very frustrating..........
cal79 wrote on 4/17/2014, 12:29 PM
If you have a registered account with SCS click on 'My Account' followed by 'My Software' you'll see the pricing and upgrades to Vegas Pro 13 in here, I don't think getting an offer via email will make any difference?
mattc77 wrote on 4/17/2014, 12:37 PM
Trouble is doing it that way will be a little more expensive than using the link in the email.
bbgunn wrote on 4/17/2014, 12:37 PM
I don't know. Downloaded the trial and I don't see a whole lot of difference from my old version 11.0 Pro, at least for what I use it for. About the only reason I can see for upgrading would be for the izotope software that I could use in other apps. If it was a $250 upgrade I wouldn't even consider upgrading.
Marco. wrote on 4/17/2014, 12:40 PM
From Vegas Pro 11 to Vegas Pro 13 roundabout 75 new features were added and stability was greatly improved.
PhillB wrote on 4/17/2014, 12:58 PM
Thanks for that Admin.
So it's as simple as Vegas Pro 12 suite users only need to upgrade Vegas Pro 12 to Pro 13.
VMP wrote on 4/17/2014, 1:03 PM
I have just purchased (pre order) upgrade to Vegas Pro 13 (Packaged).

Looking forward!

I couldn't find info about the extra tax amount that could apply. For Europe, The Netherlands.
Anyone know how much % this would be?

This link doesen't work: https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/checkout/shipping

VMP
dalemccl wrote on 4/17/2014, 1:39 PM
3 questions about iZotope Nectar Elements for SCS or anyone who has already installed VP13.

1. Is it version 2, the current version sold by iZotope?

2. Is it the full product? The info provided by SCS only mentions using it for narration, which makes me wonder if it is a limited subset of the product. (The full version, at least for version 2, has presets and tools for sung vocals as well as narration.)

3. Is the the plug-in only available for use with VP13, or once installed as part VP13, is it also available to audio editing programs, such as Sonar?
BriceWilliams2 wrote on 4/17/2014, 2:11 PM
Did a quick encoding with VP13. One thing I noticed, which is great, when i opened a project file in VP12 and renamed it so I can experiment with VP13. When i closed VP13, I wasn't prompted by the typical dialog box informing the project file, if saved, will no longer work in previous version!!

This was awesome, I may try VP13 on a few current projects with out fear that I can't open it in VP12. Of course if I don't use any new feature/plugins that VP12 doesn't contain.

My test project is just over 2 hrs long, DV widescreen mpeg2 from NX5U. 30% of the clips had color correcting, white balance and contrast added, no heavy lifting here. Leaving GPU acceleration active, I processed the project with default settings for DVDArch. VP12 GPU acceleration would locking up. VP13 flew through the process in 20 minutes (2:15 long) with out a hickup. GPU average 20%, spikes of 61%.

Like the feel, not sure of the lower toolbar with transport and new added icons for editing, but looks like good location. Makes sense if the timeline is low, it now is just a slight move down. I use shuttle pro2 for toggling between ripple, normal etc.

Like the the No Dock feature: i move things around alot, and the window would dock at the worst time in the smallest areas.

So far so good, like the stability. Time will tell.
Carlos Werner wrote on 4/17/2014, 2:25 PM
Well, the marker shift bug is still there...
Grazie wrote on 4/17/2014, 2:30 PM
Leslie, I can add EXTRA Tool Icons to the MAIN Toolbar and the regulars to the Timeline Toolbar.

John Cline has flushed-out the new top liners, but the NEW Slip, Slide, Shuffle, Stretch and Split has BUST-OPEN the ergonomics of our editing. I can see this being developed even further. What it DOES suggest is that SCS has listened, and listened real hard.

Another one, and not a monster, but NOT having to hold down CTRL to re-dock a pane is kinda obvious, but it's now here.

There LOUDNESS feature is very welcome. It can show VP as a serious Broadcast NLE.

Grazie

Now, what iPad to buy . . ?

Steve Mann wrote on 4/17/2014, 2:33 PM
"A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money.", Sen. Everett Dirksen
David Settlemoir wrote on 4/17/2014, 2:53 PM
Still waiting on the email with the discount. Discount doesn't show up in My Account Upgrades.

David
Steve Mann wrote on 4/17/2014, 3:02 PM
Sony is probably using an outside mail server which has a limit on the number of SMTP relays they can send in a day.

But, since you have to log into the Sony site to use the forums, why not just post it here?
Spectralis wrote on 4/17/2014, 3:32 PM
Where is my upgrade email? Upgrading via my account is the full upgrade price which I'm not paying if everyone else is getting a discount. Having supported Vegas Pro for years it's annoying having to wait that bit longer after all the hype.

Whatever you do don't upgrade via your account or you'll pay the full upgrade price. Why can't Sony fix their user accounts to reflect the upgrade discount?
xberk wrote on 4/17/2014, 3:35 PM
Discount shows up for me on My Account Upgrade. Click "Buy Now". You'll see the discount. I show $149.95 for Vegas 13 Pro. Vegas Pro 13 Edit shows $124.95. Vegas Pro 13 Suite is $299.95

Is the E-mail any better than that? I don't have the E-mail yet.

Paul B .. PCI Express Video Card: EVGA VCX 10G-P5-3885-KL GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA ,,  Intel Core i9-11900K Desktop Processor ,,  MSI Z590-A PRO Desktop Motherboard LGA-1200 ,, 64GB (2X32GB) XPG GAMMIX D45 DDR4 3200MHz 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-25600 Memory .. Seasonic Power Supply SSR-1000FX Focus Plus 1000W ,, Arctic Liquid Freezer II – 360MM .. Fractal Design case ,, Samsung Solid State Drive MZ-V8P1T0B/AM 980 PRO 1TB PCI Express 4 NVMe M.2 ,, Wundiws 10 .. Vegas Pro 19 Edit

VidMus wrote on 4/17/2014, 3:46 PM
"Still waiting on the email with the discount. Discount doesn't show up in My Account Upgrades."

In the past I always used a link posted in this forum by someone because it would take a very, very long time to get an email for the upgrade discount. In fact almost at the time limit for the discount.

I wish there was a much faster way to get the discount out to paid and registered users of Vegas Pro.

Seems that paid and registered users should see it in their account upgrades and having no need for emails. SCS could set it up so that the one(s) upgrading can be verified as paid and registered user(s).

Considering what I read about people pirating Vegas, SCS needs better and more powerful ways of registering and activating Vegas anyway. I would not mind a reasonable amount of difficulty registering and activating Vegas if that will help stop the pirating AND make getting an upgrade discount much faster and easier.