Comments

NormanPCN wrote on 4/17/2014, 3:46 PM
The email has the same prices.
Cherokee_Outlaw wrote on 4/17/2014, 3:48 PM
Currently I only have VP11. I was wondering if it was worth upgrading to VP13 Suite for $299?

I only do home videos and stuff. Nothing commercial.

I went with pro back around VP9 just for the 64-bit. lol So I know most of the suite is overkill.
FrontierDK wrote on 4/17/2014, 3:48 PM
When reading http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegasprosuite - I noticed this headline: "Surround sound mixing and encoding"

Is this an optional expensive extra, as it was with Vegas pro 10/11/12 AC3 pro encoder - or included from the start?
vkmast wrote on 4/17/2014, 3:53 PM
xberk,
I had the same discount options showing earlier today. They're gone now.
This has happened with some previous versions as well.
I do have the e-mail though.
Spectralis wrote on 4/17/2014, 4:33 PM
Ok, I added VP13 upgrade to my cart. The total price after discount is £114/$192. That is before 20% VAT is added to the price. If the email discount is $149 that works out $43 more expensive than here in the UK. Now I've heard of currency conversion discrepancies but $43 is a joke!

When I changed the currency to USD the upgrade price was $249 less $59 discount equals $190. Is this the email discount or is it $149 as reported earlier?
amance wrote on 4/17/2014, 4:33 PM
Also for us suite owners if we want sound forge 11 we have to do the full suite upgrade. I wish they would do a suite to suite upgrade for like 199 or 249. I held off on upgrading to SF 11 for $99 special thinking I would get in the suite upgrade. Now it will be $50 more to get that.
malowz wrote on 4/17/2014, 4:48 PM
anyone got the "Preview Levels" extension to work? the option in the toolbar does not show up in v13
Tim Stannard wrote on 4/17/2014, 4:52 PM
"If you're an owner of Vegas Pro 12 Suite, you already own most of the bonus items from Vegas Pro 13 Suite......
... The versions of Vegas Pro Production Assistant and HitFilm Ultimate in Vegas Pro 13 Suite are the same that came with Vegas Pro 12 Suite. Hope that helps!"

But not, as mentioned above, the same version of Sound Forge, and upgrading to "Suite" also adds the Production tracks.

C'mon Sony, give those of us who invested in the suite something of a discount over those who are upgrading from Vegas 4!
David Settlemoir wrote on 4/17/2014, 4:53 PM
Finally got my email with the discounted prices. I was also glad to see the discounted upgrade pricing for Titler Pro 3.0.

David
Spectralis wrote on 4/17/2014, 4:54 PM
Did VP12 Suite include NB Titler Pro 2 or 3? When I added the VP13 upgrade to my cart I was offered Titler Pro 3 and Hitfilm FX to add to the cart (for a price of course.)
amance wrote on 4/17/2014, 5:01 PM
Tim Stannard, I agree maybe if enough of us contact them they might be willing to do something for us suite owners. Maybe we should start live chatting with and asking for a special suite to suite upgrade. What do you think would be fair. I thinking $199. $149 for the vegas upgrade and then $50 for the SF 11 upgrade or is this to low
Marco. wrote on 4/17/2014, 5:24 PM
Antares Preview Levels works fine for me in VP13. Mmh …
Spectralis wrote on 4/17/2014, 5:59 PM
As a VP12 Suite owner how about an upgrade to VP13 Suite for $499 which includes Hitfilm plugins?

The upgrade from HF Ultimate to the plugins is $359 on the HF site. Plus the $149 to upgrade VP equals $499. With SFP11 thrown in for free! Yay! Everyone's happy!

I'd even pay $549 but don't tell Sony ;)
VidMus wrote on 4/17/2014, 6:36 PM
I got my email and the prices are $124.95 for Vegas Pro Edit, $149.95 for Vegas Pro and $299.95 for the Vegas Pro Suite.

I am currently debating between Vegas Pro and Vegas Pro Suite.

I tried SF11 in the past but did not think much of it. Removing noise from audio is superior with Audacity. Maybe I did not understand SF11 well enough which makes sense because 30 days is not enough time to figure out a software such as SF11.

The other stuff would be fun to play with but I am not sure how well those will meet my particular needs. How much does one need for Church videos? In a way, a lot because of poor sound from the church system, poor lighting and so on but no matter what tools one has, one needs good video and sound from the start which can be a miracle from Church recordings! And then there are theaters that are setup for what the theater wants not what the video needs!

Because of LIMITED funds and other considerations, I will need to do some extensive research before I decide what my upgrade path will be.

Thanks SCS for the email and choice of offers.

BruceUSA wrote on 4/17/2014, 6:41 PM
I have not receive email notification about Vegas Pro 13 upgrade. I checked this morning $149 for the upgrade and now it is said $199? what happen tp $149 upgrade?

Intel i7 12700k @5.2Ghz all P Cores, 5.3@ 6 Core, Turbo boost 3 Cores @5.4Ghz. 4.1Ghz All E Cores.                                          

MSI Z690 MPG Edge DDR5 Wifi                                                     

TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 32GB DDR5 -6200                     

Samsung 980 Pro x4 Nvme .M2 1tb Pcie Gen 4                                     

ASRock RX 6900XT Phantom 16GB                                                        

PSU Eva Supernova G2 1300w                                                     

Black Ice GTX 480mm radiator top mount push/pull                    

MCP35X dual pump w/ dual pump housing.                                

Corsair RGB water block. RGB Fan thru out                           

Phanteks Enthoo full tower

Windows 11 Pro

PeterWright wrote on 4/17/2014, 7:48 PM
I also am having trouble getting SCS to accept my order - after completing Step 2 Billing Information I click Continue and get taken to a generic screen telling me my Cart is empty ..... then when I click on "If you are having problems send us an email" I get asked to supply Computer ID and other stuff that is just ridiculous.

I'll try again later ......
Kit wrote on 4/17/2014, 8:03 PM
I didn't receive email notification either and the price is now just over $249. What's going on?
Spectralis wrote on 4/17/2014, 8:04 PM
Have you tried logging out, closing your browser and then opening it and logging in again? Sometimes that fixes those kind of glitches.
PeterWright wrote on 4/17/2014, 8:31 PM
Worth a try, Spectralis, but same result ....

I have the trial version so I'll continue playing with that for now.

This is the page I get sent to after Step 2:

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/store
Jason King wrote on 4/17/2014, 9:11 PM
I had the exact same problem but what solved it for me was on the page where you see the list of what is in your cart, for me the Vegas 13 upgrade and free titler promotion, there are two check boxes. I kept checking these and then moving to the next page where I'd enter my credit card, etc.

The solution was to NOT check those two boxes. They are for removing items from the cart, silly mistake on my part.

Worked fine after that. Hope it helps.

Cheers

J\
PeterDuke wrote on 4/17/2014, 9:13 PM
What are the pros and cons of merely upgrading to Vegas Pro 13 Edit?

According to the comparison table, the non-edit version adds:
included Dolby Digital Professional Encoder
Packaged with DVD Architect Pro 6
Includes Video Essentials VI plug-in collection from NewBlueFX: US $129 value
Includes Nectar Elements dialog processing plug-in by iZotope: US $129 value

I understand that Dolby Digital Pro Encoder comes with DVD Arch Pro, which I have.

I already have NewBlue Video Essentials VI.

That only leaves Nectar Elements that I get for the extra money. Am I overlooking anything?
Kit wrote on 4/17/2014, 9:22 PM
I don' think you are overlooking anything. I have Nectar Elements as well.. Will the previous Dolby Digital Professional Encoder continue to work with Vegas Edit 13?
PeterDuke wrote on 4/17/2014, 9:27 PM
"Will the previous Dolby Digital Professional Encoder continue to work with Vegas Edit 13?"

I don't see why not since if it is built into DVDA Pro, not Vegas, and DVDA Pro 6 is the same. Even if there were to be a change, I am entitled to free upgrades to version 6.
PeterDuke wrote on 4/17/2014, 9:35 PM
I have just got my email, and the prices are $US124.95 and $US149.95, respectively. I am a sucker for specials so I will go for the non-edit version even though I may never use Nectar Elements!