VEGAS Pro 18 Update 4 (Build 482) - General Discussion

Comments

dream wrote on 4/8/2021, 7:15 AM

i have update to new VP18 is Build 482 looks good for now

Malibu911 wrote on 4/12/2021, 12:06 AM

Currently can't download the codec for AC3 5.1 surround sound renders. I get an error every time, mentions to "run as admin" but I get the same error every time. AC3 worked fine in VP15. I've heard others can still render AC3. Will try to downgrade to the 334 build to see if there's any difference.

- Laptop -

iBuyPower Valkyrie CZ-15

Intel i7-4900MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

32GB of DDR4 RAM

GTX Nvidia GPU

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 19041.867

- (future) PC -

Puget Ryzen X570-A

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.76GHz Twelve Core CPU

64GB of DDR4 RAM

RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra 10GB GPU

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

VEGASDerek wrote on 4/12/2021, 9:59 AM

The render codec for 5.1 AC3 is no longer available for download due to a change in the licensing agreement from that codec manufacturer.

Sheriff-adeyemi wrote on 4/12/2021, 10:15 AM

The render codec for 5.1 AC3 is no longer available for download due to a change in the licensing agreement from that codec manufacturer.

Would there be any support for Dolby Atmos in the future for Vegas https://new.steinberg.net/nuendo/dolby-atmos/ or add support for the Dolby Atmos renderer built into Vegas in the next update

VEGASDerek wrote on 4/12/2021, 10:22 AM

I am very sorry to say this, but it is very unlikely we will be able to achieve any licensing agreement with Dolby to incorporate any of their technology in the near future.

FotiosO-FOTIOU wrote on 4/22/2021, 12:38 PM

Hello folks.

I am a Vegas Pro (Ver. 17.0) user since long time on Windows 10. Suddenly few days ago, when I went to do 'render' it doesn't work and it gives me this message:
["The activation of AAC (MC) failed. If you are using the program as a guest, please repeat the activation procedure with administrator rights."]
I check and it IS activated with my serial number!  Could anyone throw some light on what's wrong ?
Thanks in advance!

vkmast wrote on 4/22/2021, 1:22 PM

@FotiosO-FOTIOU please do not double post. You have already opened your own thread here https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/rendering-impossible-the-activation-of-aac-mc-failed--128701/

Please continue there.

trevorjharris wrote on 4/27/2021, 2:11 PM

Would there be any support for Dolby Atmos in the future for Vegas https://new.steinberg.net/nuendo/dolby-atmos/ or add support for the Dolby Atmos renderer built into Vegas in the next update

OK I just DOWNGRADED to pro 18 only to find that I can no longer render AC3 5.1. This is required for DVD Architect for 5.1 audio. I also cannot import mvc file with a dolby 5.1 audio track. the only thing I can now use Vegas for is encoding MVC. I am going to ask for my money back. Magix should tell people of major changes to their software. I already do most of my editing in Davinci Resolve a much better product.

Cobra wrote on 5/6/2021, 5:30 AM

Metronome auto-starting each time. Terrible!

EricLNZ wrote on 5/6/2021, 5:34 AM

Metronome auto-starting each time. Terrible!

It's not a common problem so there must be something unique about your setup. Please lodge a ticket with Vegas Support giving full details of your system and your Vegas Pro 18 Serial number.