Comments

NickHope wrote on 8/18/2021, 6:32 AM

@VEGAS_CommunityManager Do you or anyone else have links to the "download manager" installers, rather than just some of the individual apps, so I can add them to the "where to download" post? I already added the trial installers and the individual apps to that post.

NickHope wrote on 8/18/2021, 6:35 AM

Also, could someone please paste the release notes here so I can add them to this post? They should be in a file such as C:/Program Files/VEGAS/VEGAS Pro 19.0/readme/Vegas_readme.htm

bitman wrote on 8/18/2021, 6:36 AM

I was expecting Vegas 19 on the 19th!

APPS: VIDEO: VP 365 (21 - build 315), VP 365 20, VP 19 post (latest build -651), (uninstalled VP 12,13,14,15,16 Suite,17, VP18 post), Vegasaur, a lot of NEWBLUE plugins, Mercalli 6.0, Respeedr, Vasco Da Gamma 16 HDpro XXL, Boris Continuum 2024, Davinci Resolve Studio 18, SOUND: RX 10 advanced Audio Editor, Sound Forge Pro 17, Spectral Layers Pro 10, Audacity, FOTO: Zoner, DXO, Luminar, Topaz...

• CPU: i9-13900K (upgraded my former CPU i9-12900K), Air Cooler: Noctua NH-D15s
  • RAM: DDR5 Corsair 64GB (5600-40 Vengeance)
  • Graphics card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC GAMING (24GB) 
  • Monitor: LG 38 inch ultra-wide (21x9) - Resolution: 3840x1600
  • C-drive: Corsair MP600 PRO XT NVMe SSD 4TB (PCIe Gen. 4)
  • Video drives: Samsung NVMe SSD 2TB (980 pro and 970 EVO plus) each 2TB
  • Mass Data storage & Backup: WD gold 6TB + WD Yellow 4TB
  • MOBO: Gigabyte Z690 AORUS MASTER
  • PSU: Corsair HX1500i, Case: Fractal Design Define 7 (PCGH edition)
  • Misc.: Logitech G915, Evoluent Vertical Mouse, shuttlePROv2

joseph-desaavedra wrote on 8/18/2021, 6:38 AM

Hey Nick..I been here through a few version.. is 19 stable unbuggy? version 18 in the last iteration turned out pretty solid. I always like the new versions of anything but I do not want to beta test for the next year. If you think it is pretty solid I will go for it rather than staying a year behind so I will not get Vegas Crash Psychosis again :)

INTEL INTEL I9-12900K
LIANLI LANCOOL II MESH Computer Case
G.SKILL 32Gig 2X16 D55600C36 TRGB
SAMSUNG SSD 1TB 990PRO NVME
SAMSUNG SSD 2TB 990PRO NVME
SAMSUNG SSD 2TB 980PRO NVME
GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS PRO ATX
SEASONIC FOCUS 850W 80+G FM ATX  Power Supply
MS OEM WINDOWS10 HOME 64BIT OEM
GPU EVGA RTX 3090 TI
VEGAS PRO EDIT VERSION20 411
MOTITOR LG ULTRAGEAR 48 INCH OLED

NickHope wrote on 8/18/2021, 6:40 AM

Hey Nick..I been here through a few version.. is 19 stable unbuggy?...

@joseph-desaavedra No idea I'm afraid. I can't install it on my old O/S.

VEGASPascal wrote on 8/18/2021, 6:46 AM

Hey Nick..I been here through a few version.. is 19 stable unbuggy? version 18 in the last iteration turned out pretty solid. I always like the new versions of anything but I do not want to beta test for the next year. If you think it is pretty solid I will go for it rather than staying a year behind so I will not get Vegas Crash Psychosis again :)

In the last 3 or 4 months a big group of beta users was involved to report everything they find to the developers. The general feedback after some iterations was very positive. Give it a try.

Dexcon wrote on 8/18/2021, 6:48 AM

A good suggestion that has cropped up over the years has been that the initial release of a new version of Vegas Pro has often uncovered a number of problems when in wide use, but even so get the new version at the intro pricing, keep on using your existing version (18 in your case) and keep an eye on the forum until feedback shows solid performance, and then switch over to the new build having updated to the latest build of the new version.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

RogerS wrote on 8/18/2021, 6:51 AM

Also, could someone please paste the release notes here so I can add them to this post? They should be in a file such as C:/Program Files/VEGAS/VEGAS Pro 19.0/readme/Vegas_readme.htm

2. What's New in VEGAS Pro 19

VEGAS Hub Window: A central location for accessing cloud storage, stock footage, tutorials, and more.

VEGAS Content: A database of stock footage which you can download and then import directly into VEGAS projects. Available with VEGAS 365.

VEGAS Hub mobile app: Upload media files directly from your mobile device into your VEGAS Hub cloud storage.

Hub Explorer Window: Explore media you’ve uploaded from the VEGAS Hub mobile app and downloaded from VEGAS Content and synchronize your VEGAS Hub cloud storage with your local drives.

Text to Speech: A powerful speech generator that transforms your entered text into synthesized narration in a variety of realistic voices and languages, with automatic translation. Available with VEGAS 365 versions of VEGAS Pro and VEGAS Post.

Import Mocha Tracking Data: Import tracking data from the Mocha plugin into the VEGAS Pro Motion Tracking tool where you can apply it to video and objects in your VEGAS Pro project.

New Color Grading interface: The Color Grading Panel has been redesigned with a more intuitive workflow.

Range-limited Color Wheels: Precise controls to allow for better targeting of specific color grading adjustments.

Built in Camera LUTS: Look-up Tables designed to be used for footage from specific cameras with access directly through the Color Grading Panel.

Built in Look LUTS: Look-up Tables that provide various cinematic and special-effect treatments for use directly through the Color Grading Panel.

Additional Presets for AutoLooks plugin: An additional 20 presets for the AutoLook effect.

AI based Upscale and Zoom Plugin: State-of-the-art Upscaling plugin to take SD and HD footage and upconvert it to 4k.

Automatic Scene Detection: Detect scene breaks and transitions in a rendered file and automatically create splits, sub-clips or keyframes at those breaks in order to work with individual scenes for re-editing.

Arbitrary Style Transfer: Expanded functionality of the Style Transfer plugin which allows for users to input their own source for the style conversion.

Improved Colorization Model: A new model for colorization which greatly enhances the accuracy of the color conversion.

Adjustment Tracks: Dedicated tracks that allow users to apply a chain of video effects to multiple tracks simultaneously.

ACES 1.2 Support: Updated support for ACES giving access to a large array of color adjustments for HDR projects.

Improved Selective Prerender Workflow: Selective Prerendering has been streamlined for quick rendering of sections of your timeline to provide improved playback performance.

Dynamic RAM Preview Improvements: Settings have been improved to reduce the need to adjust them for rendering and playback.

New User Interface: An overhaul of the VEGAS user interface to give users the flexibility they want and easy access to the controls they need most.

Timecode Tagging for Project Notes: Project notes now have a timecode field that aligns the notes with a spot on the timeline of your project. The user may also navigate through the timeline by clicking on the notes.

Project Notes Color and Label Tagging: Each note can now have a color and unique label associated with them, allowing for multiple users to collaborate and comment on a project.

BETA: Blackmagic RAW decoding: You will be able read in and configure Blackmagic RAW files. This feature is incomplete at this time, so please be aware that some issues when reading these files may occur.

3. Known Issues

Under some uncommon conditions on multiprocessor machines, you may encounter stability problems when using some Waves 5.2 plug-ins. In most cases, the stability issues can be resolved by clearing the Enable track buffering check box in VEGAS Pro (Options > Preferences > Audio Device).

You may not be able to render files larger than 4 GB using some combinations of settings in the Sony AVC encoder.

If you have multiple VEGAS or MAGIX applications (such as ACID, Sound Forge, CD Architect, etc.) installed, uninstalling other applications may cause your audio plug-ins to be removed from VEGAS Pro. To restore your audio plug-ins, uninstall and reinstall VEGAS Pro.

When the Show Video Monitor button in the Trimmer window is selected, video that you preview from the VEGAS Explorer window is played back in the Trimmer. Because the Trimmer is placed in the same window dock as the Explorer, you will not see your video preview. To preview Explorer video, you can drag the Trimmer to a new dock group, or you can turn off the Show Video Monitor button to preview in the Video Preview window.

If your project contains still-image sequences, segmented .r3d files, or P2 MXF files, do not select the Copy media with project check box in the Save As dialog. Some frames or segments may not be saved when this check box is selected.

Installing driver 2.21 for the PDW-UI XDCAM drive can prevent VEGAS from starting. Uninstalling the driver or upgrading to version 2.3 will resolve the issue.

If you're running two instances of VEGAS Pro, external control devices are available only to the first instance of the software.

When using the Stereoscopic 3D Graphic Card as your preview device with an nVidia 3D Vision for Quadro or 3D Vision Pro setup on a Windows 10 machine, the 3D output may stop when opening another window (such as a video FX property page). If this occurs, please make sure you have the latest graphic card driver and 3D Vision USB driver installed. If installing the latest drivers does not fix the problem, try switching the primary and secondary monitors. There is also a known issue where content on the main window will flicker. This can be fixed by moving another window over the portions of the window that are flickering and then closing the overlapping window.

Rendering CineForm Neo3D files requires CineForm NeoHD, Neo4K, or Neo3D 5.1 (or newer) or GoPro-CineForm Studio, Studio Premium or Studio Professional. The CineForm Neo Player is not compatible with other CineForm products. Do not install Neo Player if you have another CineForm product installed.

CEA608 and CEA708 closed captions are supported over HD-SDI on AJA cards only. Line 21 captions are supported on AJA and DeckLink cards.

In order for some devices to appear in the Device Explorer window, you may need to change the device’s USB Connect setting from Automatic or MTP to Mass Storage.

The Tools > Burn Disc > DVD with Menus and Tools > Burn Disc > Blu-ray Disc with Menus commands are unavailable if DVD Architect Pro is not installed.

If you want to use RAW camera files in your project, the Microsoft Camera Codec Pack will allow you to view RAW camera files and add them to the timeline.

When previewing through an SDI video preview device, audio and video quality issues may occur when previewing 720p video.

When using an AJA SDI device, AJA driver version 10.1 is required for audio and video preview. Do not use driver version 10.3.

For best results when previewing audio through an SDI video preview device, please turn off Video Preview on External Monitor before loading a project or changing project formats.

24p pulldown removal is not currently available for Panasonic P2 files.

Replacing a piece of media in a storyboard does not replace it on the timeline.

Using import media function to import media directly main timeline storyboard does not update the main timeline.

Auto-scrolling does not work within the storyboard.

Reordering media in the storyboard resets the in/out points to beginning/end.

Checkerboard artifacts may be visible in HDR external preview when preview quality is set to "Best" with certain kinds of footage; please switch to "Good" quality in such scenarios; this does not affect the actual rendered output

Potential issues may occur with Blackmagic RAW decoding using GPU acceleration on NVidia GPUs in 32-bit projects

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

NickHope wrote on 8/18/2021, 6:57 AM

Thanks @RogerS.

No "bug fixes" section this time?

RogerS wrote on 8/18/2021, 7:06 AM

Well, not in the version I downloaded:

Contents

This document contains information on the following topics:

1. Welcome

2. What’s New in VEGAS Pro 19

3. Known Issues

4. System Requirements

5. Installation

6. VEGAS Pro User Manual

7. Demos

8. Technical Support

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

VEGASDerek wrote on 8/18/2021, 7:39 AM

We typically do not put a "bug fixes" section in the readme for the initial release.

bitman wrote on 8/18/2021, 7:42 AM

A few weeks back I went for the upgrade deal 18 post to 19 post, am I supposed to wait for an mail containing a new serial and download instructions or exe? Or does the serial stay the same and as such, I can maybe do the upgrade with trial download and activate?

APPS: VIDEO: VP 365 (21 - build 315), VP 365 20, VP 19 post (latest build -651), (uninstalled VP 12,13,14,15,16 Suite,17, VP18 post), Vegasaur, a lot of NEWBLUE plugins, Mercalli 6.0, Respeedr, Vasco Da Gamma 16 HDpro XXL, Boris Continuum 2024, Davinci Resolve Studio 18, SOUND: RX 10 advanced Audio Editor, Sound Forge Pro 17, Spectral Layers Pro 10, Audacity, FOTO: Zoner, DXO, Luminar, Topaz...

Dexcon wrote on 8/18/2021, 7:45 AM

If previous years' experience is anything to go by, you will get an email providing a new serial number for the new version.

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

joseph-desaavedra wrote on 8/18/2021, 7:53 AM

In the last 3 or 4 months a big group of beta users was involved to report everything they find to the developers. The general feedback after some iterations was very positive. Give it a try.

I think I will, I will install separate just in case..18 has been kind to me this time

INTEL INTEL I9-12900K
LIANLI LANCOOL II MESH Computer Case
G.SKILL 32Gig 2X16 D55600C36 TRGB
SAMSUNG SSD 1TB 990PRO NVME
SAMSUNG SSD 2TB 990PRO NVME
SAMSUNG SSD 2TB 980PRO NVME
GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS PRO ATX
SEASONIC FOCUS 850W 80+G FM ATX  Power Supply
MS OEM WINDOWS10 HOME 64BIT OEM
GPU EVGA RTX 3090 TI
VEGAS PRO EDIT VERSION20 411
MOTITOR LG ULTRAGEAR 48 INCH OLED

bitman wrote on 8/18/2021, 8:03 AM

@Dexcon I thought as much. Although I am curious which version of sound forge is included...

Last changed by bitman on 8/18/2021, 8:04 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

NickHope wrote on 8/18/2021, 8:04 AM

We typically do not put a "bug fixes" section in the readme for the initial release.

@VEGASDerek Ah, I can see that the first VP18 release also didn't have a bug fixes section. Previous initial releases did. It would be a useful reference (assuming some bug fixes have been fixed of course).

vkmast wrote on 8/18/2021, 8:06 AM

@bitman please see from the product pages

Dexcon wrote on 8/18/2021, 8:07 AM

I am curious which version of sound forge is included..

Please note that it is Sound Forge Audio Studio that now comes with Vegas Pro 19, not Sound Forge Pro. But the version question is nonetheless a very important question.

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

VEGASDerek wrote on 8/18/2021, 8:14 AM

It should be the latest version of Audio Studio. I will confirm that, but I am pretty sure that is the case.

bitman wrote on 8/18/2021, 8:27 AM

@VEGASDerek I suppose I will not install audio studio, as I have the SF pro 14 (from Vegas 18 pro) which is probably superior. In fact I have already 2 licenses for SF pro 14 (second one from the 18 - 19 post offer) 🤓...

Last changed by bitman on 8/18/2021, 8:28 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

pierre-k wrote on 8/18/2021, 8:28 AM

New icons

The new dark blue icons are a serious tragedy. And if the icons are active, you won't even know what they are, because they are covered by a blue square. I had to change the color of the square to green. The difference between off FX and active is also lousy. It is ideal that the active FX is completely green as before. Please think more about such changes. Thank you.

FIRST BUG:

Double-clicking the Pan crop and track windows in Vegas either minimizes or maximizes. The third option is missing, which is just right.

Dexcon wrote on 8/18/2021, 8:31 AM

I suppose I will not install audio studio, as I have the SF pro 14

✔️✔️✔️ ... and the difference between SFP14 and SFP15 - the latest release - is marginal.

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

Len Kaufman wrote on 8/18/2021, 8:44 AM

One thing I find disconcerting....In the exclusive in subscriptions benefits vs. outright purchase...it lists "latest updates." If I take that statement at face value, it seems to say if there are bug fixes, etc., and we have made an outright purchase, we would not receive the updated (fixed) version. Am I being too literal?

Dexcon wrote on 8/18/2021, 8:51 AM

All offers have:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/product-comparison/#productMenu

Latest updates

... and it is listed before the purchase options whether subscription or new purchase/upgrade.

I take this to mean that it remains as usual ... updates remain available to all - my conclusion only.

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11