Comments

vkmast wrote on 12/24/2022, 4:02 PM

@wally-stall5348 try infoservice@magix.net ?

EricLNZ wrote on 12/24/2022, 9:10 PM

@wally-stall5348 Perhaps you have used more than one email address with Magix so have more than one account?

Cholladay wrote on 6/22/2023, 3:44 PM

Big fan of Vegas 20, for the most part, everything is working as expected.

The primary suggestion I have for improving Vegas is enhanced support of 9:16 format videos. When making Shorts, Instagram, or TikTok content, I find that the preview window gives me quite a bit of trouble. I set the project to use 9:16, set the event pan/crop to match output aspect, and all is well. But when I attempt to zoom on the preview, it feels unintuitive and doesn't zoom where I would expect at the speed I would expect. I would very much like to see better support for formerly unorthodox vertical resolutions such as 9:16 in the future.

As an aside: one issue I noticed with Build 411 is that the helper tooltips which pop up when you hover over an element appear to lag and fail to load. I'm guessing some sort of recursive issue somehow, but hovering off and making it go away solves this, so it's not a blocker for now.

Keep up the good work!

Bini wrote on 6/22/2023, 5:39 PM

Please fix lag preview on the next version of vegas pro

walter-i. wrote on 6/23/2023, 2:49 AM

Please fix lag preview on the next version of vegas pro

@Bini
Please create a separate thread for your problems, and describe there exactly how they occur (hardware, software, drivers, media used, etc.) - most of the time it is due to exotic media, or wrong settings that Vegas Pro is choking on.

tom-c1607 wrote on 7/22/2023, 11:14 PM

It only crashes every 3 minutes now. been a user since 12 and its always sucked. Bought new computer and am going to install just vegas and conform this once and for all. It's not getting better...

fr0sty wrote on 7/22/2023, 11:28 PM

Been a user since version 12 but didn't make an account here until 11 years later just to complain that you always thought it sucked but kept using it for over a decade anyway... Right.

If you want to seek help for your problem, you can make a thread doing so, and we'll be glad to help you get to the bottom of your problem... otherwise you are in violation of the community standards and disciplinary action will be taken against your account. This isn't a place to blow off steam, it's a place to seek help among your fellow VEGAS users and to get news about upcoming releases and updates.

Wolfgang S. wrote on 7/24/2023, 3:03 AM

I always wonder how it is expected here that the (volunteer) helpers should also be telepathically gifted.

I would recommend to give us a change with more details - otherwise frosty is right, and that is blowing up of steam only.

The required information are found here: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/important-information-required-to-help-you--110457/

And yes, please open an own thread for your problem.

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti (12 GB)* Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Resolve Studio 18 * Edius X* Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED * internal HDR preview * i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE * 32 GB Ram) * Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB * internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor * Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG-K 1600 nits, Atomos Sumo

Others: Edius NX (Canopus NX)-card in an old XP-System. Edius 4.6 and other systems

Troy-Cagle wrote on 12/18/2023, 11:28 PM

I've purchased Vegas and Sound Forge versions to stay current since the "Sonic Foundry" days (before Sony and Magix) because they had a passion for delivering the best, and I am not happy to discover with version 20 that DaVinci offers more than Vegas these days without a Vegas 360 subscription. What am I to do?

Autodesk also sold me several versions of perpetual licenses of AutoCAD and 3DS Max only to take them away fully to implement the bottom line, or the top dollar... which is still in the progress of coding itself out of common features or even the look and feel that people originally fell in love with. Oh well...

Reyfox wrote on 12/19/2023, 2:51 AM

I wasn't aware that Resolve offered stock footage, fx, and music. I'm not seeing that in Resolve Studio that I own.

So, what am I missing?

Dexcon wrote on 12/19/2023, 3:37 AM

@Reyfox  ... In Resolve, I think it's only SFX that is on offer with Studio. Go to the Fairlight page and select 'Sound Library' in the top menu field of the Fairlight page. You can use the search field to search for a particular or, as I just found out on reddit, type *** into the search field and all available SFX are listed.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

Reyfox wrote on 12/19/2023, 4:06 AM

@Dexcon thanks. I have never opened the Fairlight page....