Comments

vkmast wrote on 8/14/2022, 5:55 PM

@Ramesh-Panjabi there is a free 30-day trial available for you to test.

Ramesh-Panjabi wrote on 8/14/2022, 5:57 PM

Does V Pro 20 has added audio sync for timeline to sunc audio of 2 or 3 camera audio etc. I have been using until VP 17 with Plural Eyes v4. But after VP 17 it does not recognize in VP.

This feature is a must.

Also, Plural Eyes has been taken over by Maxon. And its only available in subscription that too with a bundle which is not at all affordable

Ramesh-Panjabi wrote on 8/14/2022, 5:59 PM

Thanks for your info. Now i have upgraded my both the desktops with windows 11 and have VP 19 installed in it.

By downloading trial version of VP 20 , i hope it does not conflict with the existing VP19

vkmast wrote on 8/14/2022, 6:01 PM

They are separate installations.

Ramesh-Panjabi wrote on 8/14/2022, 6:05 PM

Da Vinci Resolve (the latest version ) has included audio sync ( similar to Pl Eyes) on timeline. And its quick sync just like Pl Eyes.

I have been using Vegas from Sony Vegas 13 onwards ( and then MAGIX took over)

Is there a phone number in USA or even the email contact for Vegas ?? Everyone will appreciate the info.

Magix Vegas should keep in mind that whoever has been using Vegas Pro version is serious videographer and will not be wasting their time if they have phone line to answer.

Even if they have office in Germany, i won't mind calling them (their time zone) to get some clarification

Can someone help with the info

Ramesh-Panjabi wrote on 8/14/2022, 6:14 PM

Da Vinci Resolve has been trying hard for marketing their software ,attracting potential buyers that hollywood movie industry has been using Da Vinci for color correction with color grading

I find V Pro color grading equally good in comparison

Editors like us have invested many man hours in grasping the functions of V Pro over the years and pray that it remains in the market. I use 4 video cameras while shooting dance recitals and thats the time audio syncing from audio from camcorders and also direct sound from digital tascam and zoom becomes very necessary.

I believe Plural Eyes have not done any further enhancements since last 3-4 years or more. Which means its gone with the wind.

I have used Adobe Premiere and also AVID. But eventually settled for Sony Vegas Pro

Seb-o wrote on 8/14/2022, 7:48 PM

Does V Pro 20 has added audio sync for timeline to sunc audio of 2 or 3 camera audio etc. I have been using until VP 17 with Plural Eyes v4. But after VP 17 it does not recognize in VP.

This feature is a must.

Also, Plural Eyes has been taken over by Maxon. And its only available in subscription that too with a bundle which is not at all affordable

Try this mate:

https://tools4vegas.com/audiosyncr/

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/happyotter-audiosyncr-a-new-tool-for-syncing-audio--130392/

Steve_Rhoden wrote on 8/14/2022, 8:04 PM

@Ramesh-Panjabi Your old Plural Eyes v4 should still work beautifully in Vegas Pro 20. So there is no need to stress over any substitute or over Maxon convoluted mess. But you will have to copy this file: PE4VegasLoader14.dll from the installation and paste it into your Vegas Pro 20 folder located at: C:\ProgramData\VEGAS Pro\Application Extensions.

fr0sty wrote on 8/14/2022, 10:58 PM

If by chance plural eyes doesn't work, VEGAS does have a rudimentary audio sync tool built in, but it isn't very good. It works best on short snippets of audio, not long clips that need to be synced. However, Happy Otter Scripts' SyncR is apparently just as good, if not better, than PluralEyes... and no subscriptions needed.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

Peter-Riding wrote on 8/15/2022, 3:44 AM

Da Vinci Resolve has been trying hard for marketing their software ,attracting potential buyers that hollywood movie industry has been using Da Vinci for color correction with color grading

I find V Pro color grading equally good in comparison

Editors like us have invested many man hours in grasping the functions of V Pro over the years and pray that it remains in the market. I use 4 video cameras while shooting dance recitals and thats the time audio syncing from audio from camcorders and also direct sound from digital tascam and zoom becomes very necessary.

I believe Plural Eyes have not done any further enhancements since last 3-4 years or more. Which means its gone with the wind.

I have used Adobe Premiere and also AVID. But eventually settled for Sony Vegas Pro

"Editors like us ..... pray that it remains in the market", yes same here but I have also got up to speed with Davinci just in case one or the other goes south or makes it unaffordable.

I have been using Pluraleyes with Vegas Pro for many years. Its always worked great and is very quick. Its so easy as you don't have to go out of Vegas - it works within. I bought it when it was standalone so I don't have to get involved in subscriptions. I've tried the Vegas internal syncing superficially but it was very slow for me and I'm put off by Frosty's comment "VEGAS does have a rudimentary audio sync tool built in, but it isn't very good. It works best on short snippets of audio, not long clips that need to be synced"

Steve's comment to copy overr the dll is bang on.

Ramesh, do you have PE? Sounds like you do. It was last updated a couple of years ago and now includes Davinci Resolve. DR's own syncing is messy, especially if you want more than one clip from the same camera on the same track or if you want more than one standalone audio device on their own tracks. The DR / PE option is painful in comparison in Vegas / PE. It works fast and accurately in DR but at present you have to go out of DR, into PE, then back into DR. Plus bear in mind that DR needs a powerful fairly recent computer. DR is s steep learning curve but there are far more online tutorials in all aspects than with Vegas. Some people use DR just for their colour editing and other software.

I made an aide-memoire for using PE with DR as it gets so involved:

PLURALEYES:

1.    Add files to DRS18 Media then drag into new DRS18 Timeline as normal, & Save Project
2.    File > Export > Timeline … specify File Name
        e.g. pre-sync-ceremony-01
        Save as type FCP 7 XML V5 Files (*.xml) to specific client Folder destination
3.    File > Close Current Timeline in DRS18 (called “Timeline 1” in Media Pool
4.    Open Pluraleyes standalone
5.    File > Import above file from DRS18 into Pluraleyes & select xml file e.g. pre-sync-ceremony-01
6.    Synchronize Pluraleyes
7.    Export Pluraleyes Timeline … Save to File to specific client Folder destination as in 2. above,
        use different name to NOT overwrite previous file name (Export Format = DaVinci Resolve)
        Option to Move unsynchronised clips to the end (selected by default)
         e.g. post-sync-ceremony-01    
8.    Pluraleyes File > Save Project As … to specific client Folder destination as in 2. above, then close
        e.g. ceremony-01-video-project-files_sdre.p4p
9.    Return to DRS18 n.b. ensure you closed the earlier Timeline as in 3. above so Timeline is blank
10.    File > Import > Timeline … select the synced .xml file created in 7. above
         e.g. post-sync-ceremony-01
11.    Dialogue Box opens called Load XML...
        untick “automatically import source clips into media pool” n.b. they are already there
        check other Dialogue Box options if required
        “OK” it for appropriate Bin e.g. Master
        DRS18 creates new Timeline called e.g. “Timeline 1 (Resolve)_synced”
            this shows in Media Pool Bin & Clips show in Timeline in separate tracks for each video and audio source
12.    File > Close Current Timeline so no tracks show in Timeline window
13.    Right click on e.g. “Timeline 1 (Resolve)_synced” as in Media Pool in 11. above
            & select “Convert Timeline To Multi-cam Clip” (Icon changes to 4 squares multicam)
14.    Drag this item from Media Pool into Timeline window (should show just one video & one audio track, & clip, clips show multicam icon in left corner, actual clips are hidden in these tracks)
            New Timeline automatically created called Timeline 2
15.    To see all tracks right click > Open In Timeline. Reverse this opened Timeline with Ctrl+Z
16.    If two viewers – Source Viewer & Timeline Viewer do not show, select Single / Double Rectangle icon in top right of screen
17.    To start Multi-cam drag Playhead onto any area in the Timeline that you expect to see
            all the video & audio tracks
            select Multi-cam icon from bottom left of Source Viewer
            select appropriate number of track views from bottom right of Source Viewer e.g. Default
            select whether video only, video + audio, or audio only from icons in bottom centre of Source Viewer
            change this if only want to see video views in Source Viewer e.g. so to see larger individual views
18.    Pluraleyes names tracks in Multicam Source Viewer as “Video 1” “Video 2” etc for video tracks
            & “Angle 1” “Angle 2” etc for standalone audio tracks
            To change track names in Multicam Source Viewer right click > Open In Timeline
                & rename each track in Timeline Window, then File > Close Current Timeline

fr0sty wrote on 8/15/2022, 11:36 AM

That's quite an involved 18 step long process... going around the butt to get to the elbow, as they say.

I've yet to personally try Happy Otter's SyncR, but I have heard very good things about it, and it too works within VEGAS with no round trips or subscriptions.

Last changed by fr0sty on 8/15/2022, 11:37 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

Steve_Rhoden wrote on 8/15/2022, 12:28 PM

Wow, that's a loooong odd process in Resolve right there. Compared to just three (3) simple mouse clicks and all is synced in Vegas. I'm not too familiar with Happy Otter SyncR, But been using Plural eyes for a long time, from before Red Giant bought it from Singular Software, and it's simply fast and excellent at what it does.

Gladiator wrote on 8/15/2022, 5:23 PM

Please provide the direct download link. The one used with vegasedit20_dlm_z72jp2 is not downloading, just sits there spinning. Thank you.

Same issue- I have gigabit net and am getting sub-1mb/s rate. Would love a direct link instead.

Edit: Upon further inspection, I'm able to STOP and then START the download repeatedly which boosts my speeds significantly for a short period of time before slowing back down.

Former user wrote on 8/15/2022, 6:18 PM

@Gladiator these are direct links reported by my system. note though, they are direct to server links that can break at anytime. You want a direct link to the load balancer which should stay the same. Those links weren't updated when I previously checked

VP20 edit https://dl05.magix.net//2022/VEGASPro20/VEGAS_Pro_20.0.0.139_DLV_DE-EN-FR-ES_220806_01-09_0F1EF204.exe

AI models https://dl05.magix.net//2022/VEGASPro20/Content/VEGAS_Deep_Learning_Models_20.0.0.0_INT_220720_06-19_13F6A77B.exe

Dreu-Leake wrote on 8/15/2022, 10:02 PM

How do I end subscription

Erkki wrote on 8/15/2022, 10:49 PM

Did not get any link via email (365 subscription) so downloaded application from site. Installed first new version and then tried. Generally ok. Newblue Titler refuses to open.

Then uninstalled VegasPro19 and continued testing with VegasPro20. Camera files sony mp4 1920x1080 8-bit, 10-bit, Canon 8-bit, ProRes 10-bit and some 4K clips at 8-bit. Projects opened ok.

Earlier posts here indicate some lag. On my pretty simple setup (I7 32GB, SSD, NVidia 1050TI) did not notice any lag. When scrubbing file with shuttlepro 2 jog, response time was same than previous version.

Cannot yet comment product stability that is most important feature for me as it kills productivity very fast. Lets see after few days.

>> Looks good so far.

Any hint to how fix titler opening issue?

Added some findings (existed already on previous version) as pictures. 

Picture: Colorspace selection dialog too narrow

Picture: When adjusting histogram on 8-bit project, whole histogram is shifted as expected. When doing same on 32-bit project, 'only right side' is moving that squeezes histogram. Is this intentional?

fr0sty wrote on 8/15/2022, 11:06 PM

The levels bug with the color grading panel in 32 bit mode is known and has been reported to the development team. I'm hoping to see a patch for that soon.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

Erkki wrote on 8/16/2022, 11:26 AM

When installed VPPro20 Titler 6 ceased working because Titler 7 appeared to menu. I uninstalled VPPro20 and uninstalled NewBlue Titler 6 for Magix.

Then installed back VPPro20 and then Titler 6 for Magix. Situation is now like picture. Titler6 works even VPPro20 UI says that it is version 7.

Should there be new Titler 7 version bundled with VpPro20? Or is version 6 intended one?

jetdv wrote on 8/16/2022, 1:09 PM

@Erkki, It sounds like you installed the "Live2Post" plugin which includes a stripped down version of Titler Pro 7. My recommendation at this time:

Since it appears you have Titler Pro 6 back, what you need to do now is reset your VEGAS Cache so VEGAS has to look at the plugin again and see it's name is really Titler Pro 6.

Loic-Rathscheck wrote on 8/16/2022, 5:40 PM

Hello, I have the same issue with 20 as I had with 19. All the Magix video plug-ins, the Deep Learning Models do not show up in my FX window. They are all installed where they are supposed to be. I checked. After deleting 19 and all the files that Eric (from Magix) told me to delete and do a clean install of the newer 20, the Deep Learning Models are still unvailable in my FX section. I can not use Mesh Warp for ex. I wrote back and mentioned this and have gotten no response unfortunately. Does anyone else have this issue?

fr0sty wrote on 8/16/2022, 5:48 PM

Mesh Warp isn't an AI deep learning effect (the only AI effects are colorization, upscale, style transfer, and scene detection)... something deeper than that is going on. Also, the deep learning models for 20 are different than for 19, make sure you have the right ones installed.

VEGAS Deep Learning Models 20.0.0.0 https://rdir.magix.net/?page=EKF9U78CZ8M7

Last changed by fr0sty on 8/16/2022, 5:51 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

Erkki wrote on 8/16/2022, 7:42 PM

@Erkki, It sounds like you installed the "Live2Post" plugin which includes a stripped down version of Titler Pro 7. My recommendation at this time:

Since it appears you have Titler Pro 6 back, what you need to do now is reset your VEGAS Cache so VEGAS has to look at the plugin again and see it's name is really Titler Pro 6.

Hi. Thanks for advice. Now it seems to work (Titler 7 is gone and Titler 6 correctly detected). I did app+cache reset with CTRL+SHIFT trick.

DasFragezeichen wrote on 8/17/2022, 2:38 AM

It would be nice, if Magix can contact Insta360 for including the Insta360-One cameras. There is a plugin only for Adobe Premiere Pro. I think it would be useful for Magix, because Magix have three Video-Edit-Programs. (Video Deluxe, Video Pro X and Vegas). So it it would be worthwhile. Insta360 360°cameras are the most selled.

paul-marshall wrote on 8/17/2022, 7:34 AM

My Event header buttons keep disappearing. I go to 'Edit Visible button set' and turn on the buttons I want, notably Color Grading, but at some point which I haven't figured out they disappear, leaving just pan & crop, fx and ... menu. This applies to the track header buttons as well.
I dont recall that being an issue in VP19.

Last changed by paul-marshall on 8/17/2022, 8:43 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Windows 11.0 (64-bit)
Intel® Core™ i9 Eight-Core Processor i9-11900K (3.5GHz) 16MB Cache
Motherboard GIGABYTE Z590 UD AC (C (LGA1200, USB 3.2)
64GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 16GB)
GPU Nvidia GEFORCE RTX3060Ti
I/O drives: Intel SSD PEKNU020TZ 2TB, Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1TB, Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1TB
SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 2TB, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
Audio: Soundblaster Z SE
Cameras: Sony AX-700, A7-IV, RX10-II
Vegas Po 21 latest version. Vegas user since V10