Magix, will there be an upgrade offer?

Comments

prairiedogpics wrote on 9/22/2016, 1:45 PM

Thanks for pointing that out, marc-s. I didn't see that (was browsing on my phone and not on PC). Food for thought.

marc-s wrote on 9/22/2016, 1:54 PM

Perhaps Majic should rethink and give us the option of $150 / $200 / $250?

ben-a wrote on 9/22/2016, 2:00 PM

I just got a response to my "why is there a time limit to the upgrade" from Magix Support. Seems they think that they they didn't put a time limit it -

"Thank you for your message.

Is there a specific promotion email you received which expires in 7 days?  The regular upgrade landing page does not have an expiration date.  

​You may upgrade to Vegas Pro 14 at a reduced price here:
Vegas Pro Edit:    http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/newsletter/special-offer/vegas-pro-14-edit/

Vegas Pro:   http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/newsletter/special-offer/vegas-pro-14/

Vegas Pro Suite:    http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/newsletter/special-offer/vegas-pro-14-suite/

--
Thank you for contacting Magix Support.
"

marc-s wrote on 9/22/2016, 2:08 PM

Hmmmm... perhaps they should read the line on the link they sent that says: Offer valid until September 27, 2016

Spectralis wrote on 9/22/2016, 2:13 PM

Ok, someone's got to say this: Magix representatives lied to us on the Sony forum. We were told more than once that those who owned VP13 would get a better deal than the special $199 offer of buying VP13 to get VP14 upgrade free. The current $249 upgrade "offer" is an insult to all VP13 owners.

Remember the regular posts by Magix reps reassuring us on the Sony forum? Where the hell are they now? This sudden silence is not simply down to incompetence. Magix certainly weren't slow to promote a few bug fixes as a VP14 upgrade. The gouging $249 limited time upgrade offer isn't incompetence either.

Since the transition from Sony to Magix I have received weekly email offers for their cheaper products but not one email about Vegas or ACID. I did not even receive an email about the $199 offer. If regular spamming about Magix products, insulting upgrade prices, bug fixes disguised as upgrades and no contact about Vegas is the consequence of the transition then it's time to look elsewhere.

SphinxRa40 wrote on 9/22/2016, 2:28 PM

Ok, someone's got to say this: Magix representatives lied to us on the Sony forum. We were told more than once that those who owned VP13 would get a better deal than the special $199 offer of buying VP13 to get VP14 upgrade free. The current $249 upgrade "offer" is an insult to all VP13 owners.

Remember the regular posts by Magix reps reassuring us on the Sony forum? Where the hell are they now? This sudden silence is not simply down to incompetence. Magix certainly weren't slow to promote a few bug fixes as a VP14 upgrade. The gouging $249 limited time upgrade offer isn't incompetence either.

This ^ 

100% Correct

Marco. wrote on 9/22/2016, 2:53 PM

If you refer to this special offer: I can't see any mention of "upgrade" there. I see there is a price reduction from 599,95 $ to 249.00 $ and I see I could buy without using a VP13 serial. Why do you think it is an upgrade offer?

Former user wrote on 9/22/2016, 2:57 PM

I maybe wrong but the link that ben-a gives I think is to buy a full new version (couldn't see it saying upgrade price anywhere), which is available untill 27th. I would assume when we get our upgrade offer it will be for less than the special.

Anyway, I certainly hope so, or I will be staying with version 13 Pro.

NormanPCN wrote on 9/22/2016, 2:57 PM

It effectively is an "upgrade" offer until, or IF, one receives an upgrade offer via email or some other mechanism.

It has been said that upgrade emails are supposedly on the way. We will see what actually happens as time passes.

wilvan wrote on 9/22/2016, 2:58 PM

Indeed worst marketing ever seen . Newbies can buy a full product cheaper then loyal customers an upgrade !!

And , as Spectralis here above mentions , the only mails I got is indeed for the cheaper ( kids ) products like photostory ... Gosh ... ( got that 199 US $ mail to buy version 13 with free version 14 later on but I already do own and use 13 since it was released , so didn't buy that , of course )

Fully understand the difficulties when integrating another company and the pressure to release a new version but this is everything BUT the German Grundlichkeit . 

I will leave this for what it is and make up my mind by the end of this year .. maybe ...  Not only beacuse of the xtra 50 $ we are charged now  but because it doesn't feel right at this moment , too messy right now .

Sony  PXW-FS7K and 2 x Sony PXW-Z280  ( optimised as per Doug Jensen Master Classes and Alister Chapman advices ) Sony A7 IV
2 x HP Z840 workstations , each as follows : WIN10 pro x 64 , 2 x 10 core Xeon E5-2687W V3 at 3.5 GHz , 256 GB reg ECC RAM , HP nvidia quadro RTX A5000 ( 24GB ), 3 x samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4  , 3 x SSD 1TB samsung 860 pro , 3 x 3TB WD3003FZEX.
SONY Vegas Pro 13 build 453  ( user since version 4 ) , SONY DVDarch , SONY SoundForge(s) , SONY Acid Pro(s) , SONY Cinescore ( each year buying upgrades for all of them since vegas pro 4 )
(MAGIX) Vegas pro 14 ( bought it as a kind of support but never installed it )
SONY CATALYST browse 
Adobe Photoshop  CC 2023
Adobe After Effects CC 2023 & Adobe Media Encoder CC 2023
Avid Media Composer 2022.xx ( started with the FREE Avid Media Composer First in 2019 )
Dedicated solely editing systems , fully optimized , windows 10 pro x 64 
( win10 pro operating systems , all most silly garbage and kid's stuff of microsoft entirely removed , never update win 10 unless required for editing purposes or ( maybe ) after a while when updates have proven to be reliable and no needless microsoft kid's stuff is added in the updates )

Tom Pauncz wrote on 9/22/2016, 3:04 PM

What's bad about this marketing is that effectively you get VP14 for $199 if you buy another copy of VP13. So why not offer existing VP13 users the SAME UPGRADE offer Magix and save admin costs??  Please answer us.

Former user wrote on 9/22/2016, 3:27 PM

Okay was I wrong, have just opened Vegas Pro 13 and a window opens from magix giving me an upgrade offer at the prices that ben-a gave links to.

So if I have to pay more than the people who purchased a full version with free upgrade to 14, then I will be sticking with 13.

NormanPCN wrote on 9/22/2016, 3:51 PM

I now get the Net Notify upgrade dialog in Vegas and clicking the link just takes me to the normal Vegas page and the price is $249 for Vegas Pro.  This is $50 more than the upgrade to V13 with free V14 price offered earlier this summer. I did not take that offer because I already have V13 and wrongly it seems assumed that existing V13 owners would get at least that upgrade price. Not a higher price and this offer is time limited to Sept 27.

AlesCZ wrote on 9/22/2016, 3:57 PM

V13 stay and eventually get back to Davinci Resolve, or Kdenlive (will soon be available for Windows). For several years I worked with Movie Studio, a few months ago, I upgraded to Sony Vegas Pro (unnecessarily).
Why a new customer pays the same price as the long-time customer? It's pricing policy. Today, there are many high-quality open-source or free software. I start to invest in hardware.

VEGAS_EricD wrote on 9/22/2016, 3:59 PM

​You may upgrade to Vegas Pro 14 at a reduced price here:

Vegas Pro Edit:    http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/newsletter/special-offer/vegas-pro-14-edit/

Vegas Pro:   http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/newsletter/special-offer/vegas-pro-14/

Vegas Pro Suite:    http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/newsletter/special-offer/vegas-pro-14-suite/

henry-williams wrote on 9/22/2016, 4:08 PM

Thank you Unnamed Person. Will there be a special offer specifically for existing 13 users? We were told not to buy the $199 upgrade back in June by your representatives as we would be emailed a separate offer. Current information from your represrntatives on Fb, Twitter and your website is also conflicting. Even your website has a portal where you can get a small discount by entering a serial number. You have not linked to this above. I'm a bit confused ;)

NormanPCN wrote on 9/22/2016, 4:09 PM

Well...I guess that's it then. So be it.

vkmast wrote on 9/22/2016, 4:23 PM

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vagas-pro-13-14-free-200-email-offer--102805/?page=3#ca634474

Hanging tight was not very cost-effective for us should we decide to upgrade now.

Spectralis wrote on 9/22/2016, 4:28 PM

Well...I guess that's it then. So be it.

Will the last person turn out the lights when they leave!  $249 for ProRes/HEVC codec support and some bug fixes. Still no GPU support. $99 more than Sony's ugrade offers. Suddenly all the Magix has gone out of this new relationship. 

Paul-Fierlinger wrote on 9/22/2016, 4:35 PM

Gracious! All this kvetching over 50 bucks! I'll happily pay a $ 50 bonus for what I still expect to be continuing stellar customer service and close following of this website (and for the almost instant improvement of this forum to accommodate our ingrown habits). I'll pay the extra bonus (and not boycott MAGIX) for creating an inviting backdrop for newcomers which will convert to fertile ground for creating a life support system that replaces what 4 weeks ago looked like a death sentence.

Spectralis wrote on 9/22/2016, 4:42 PM

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vagas-pro-13-14-free-200-email-offer--102805/?page=3#ca634474

Hanging tight was not very cost-effective for us should we decide to upgrade now.

Magix Eric tells us to "hang tight" for a special upgrade price for VP13 owners and now reveals, with no apology or embarrassment, that we must pay $50 more than new customers who got the deal we were told to ignore. Here's hoping that someone higher up at Magix Towers will grasp the potential consequences of this fiasco and correct it asap.

gary-rebholz wrote on 9/22/2016, 5:00 PM

Hi Everyone,

Gary here. Hopefully I can clear up some of the confusion. The upgrade pricing has been set at US$199 for VEGAS Pro 14 Edit, US$249 for VEGAS Pro 14, and US$349 for VEGAS Pro 14 Suite. After an extended period of lower upgrade pricing (before the acquisition), some have questioned why the price is now higher. The former owner had its own business reasons for such a low upgrade price, but historically the upgrade price has been $249 for VEGAS Pro. We have held that price steady and feel it is a fair price that honors your loyalty and also adequately funds our development efforts. It is possible that there will be future promos, but this current pricing is the regular upgrade price.

henry-williams wrote on 9/22/2016, 5:02 PM

I'm really glad you're happy with the new version Paul, but for a lot of small busineses finding between $199-345 on 7 days notice is difficult. The offer being the same as new users get, and worse than the offer we were told not to take, makes for a rather bitter pill.

ChristoC wrote on 9/22/2016, 5:04 PM

MAGIX_Erik D, how is what you write not a lie?

I just opened Vegas13Pro and received a popup inviting me to upgrade - I followed the link and the price is US$249, ("Offer valid until September 27, 2016"), which seems to be a larger number than US$199 previously offered for both VP13 and VP14.

I have not received any email to the contrary.

Not impressed!