VEGAS Pro 15 Update 5 (build 361) - General Discussion

Comments

Norbert wrote on 6/27/2018, 2:21 AM

Sometimes it freezes while playback like this and I have to close the program using Task Manager. Within this timeline I have 1920x1080 50fps, 50MBps X AVC L footage played back at 23.976 fps, in 1920x803 res.

It freezes sometimes even if I turn off GPU rendering. This config: Ryzen 1700x, MSI GTX 1080, 16 GB RAM.

Similar kind of freeze happens to an other project I mentioned above - my previous comment - on different computers the same issue, but at that project the preview window goes white then the screen black and I have to restart the computer. In that project I also have 1920x1080 50fps, 50MBps X AVC L footage recorded by the PXW X70, but on a 1920x1080 50fps timeline.

Resample is disabled in both project settings.

karma17 wrote on 6/27/2018, 6:26 AM

Just wondering if you can add an Check for Updates function under the Help Menu. There is a Check For News.. function that seems defunct. Maybe it could go there? It is weird because the only way I found out about this update was by stumbling around the forum. Just a friendly suggestion.

vkmast wrote on 6/27/2018, 6:48 AM

Just wondering if you can add an Check for Updates function under the Help Menu. There is a Check For News.. function that seems defunct. Maybe it could go there? It is weird because the only way I found out about this update was by stumbling around the forum. Just a friendly suggestion.

This is frequently suggested in various threads. I believe "they" *should* be working on it.

JoeAustin wrote on 7/1/2018, 10:24 AM

Two more issues that seem to have cropped up in the latest build for me. The credit roll tool is unusable. Trying to enter content causes Vegas to lock up. Please note that I have all the usual anti crash measures in place. GPU disabled, multi core, etc.

Something that is definitely new for me, is that when the crash occurs, it leaves an instance behind running. A second crash will leave another instance, and so on. I've found as many as four instances in the task list without Vegas open at all on the desktop.

If anyone knows a workaround for the titler, I'd love to hear it. I have some big projects that require it, and I just can see spending hundreds on a third party package.

Grazie wrote on 7/1/2018, 10:46 AM

@JoeAustin Have you cleaned out your Vegas Temp Folder? Make sure you haven’t any “ancient” UNDOs and REDOs lurking and CRASH Temps in there. Are you running B361?

Last changed by Grazie on 7/1/2018, 10:47 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Grazie

PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel Core i9 10900X s2066 * EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra 10GB - Studio Driver 551.23 * 4x16G CorsVengLPX DDR4 2666C16 * Asus TUF X299 MK 2

Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

JoeAustin wrote on 7/1/2018, 2:21 PM

Yep, 361. Thanks for the suggestion. Thanks for the suggestion. Gave it a try, and still hangs. One thing I did realize that it did work ok on a new project, with only the credits generator on the timeline. On my admittedly somewhat complex project, it brings down Vegas.

Reyfox wrote on 7/1/2018, 2:37 PM

For some reason, I have lost the AMD VCE choices in Render As..... I know it was there before because I've used it.... truly puzzled by this....

ADDED: I don't know if this is the reason why or not (too tired to be messing with things and work to do), but I uninstalled driver 18.5.1 from the computer and did a clean install of 18.2.1.

Curious to know what version AMD drivers anyone else has installed and if AMD VCE is showing.

Last changed by Reyfox on 7/1/2018, 2:54 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Newbie😁

Vegas Post 365 (Currently VP21)

Win 11 Pro

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 cores / 32 threads

32GB DDR4 3200

Sapphire RX6700XT 12GB Driver: 22.5.1, testing 24.7.1

Gigabyte X570 Elite Motherboard

Fiola wrote on 7/13/2018, 1:34 PM

Hello everyone, after some extensive testing in our studio, we have decided to accumulate again the main issues we gather over the last weeks of using this version of Vegas. First of all, thank you @gary-rebholz for being around here and once again thank you and whole team for patching Vegas for us.

Now, I don't want to take this too much into detail, but I want to say we can provide more data if you request them.

Let's see what's really good:

• Generally speaking, the stability of Vegas 15.361 has been better than any from previously released versions.
  • There is no slowing UI issue anymore. That's good !
  • No unnecessary flickering of motion tracker / crop window either.
  • Preview is little better, even with the 4K format provided by our GH5 camera
  • Render times are better now. Still using Adobe software is kinda faster - but I can easily sacrifice that, if VEGAS is stable enough :).

But unfortunately, these things below we still experience heavily after extensive work with VEGAS:

• When we are using 4K footage on more than, let's say, 4 layers - after some time the VEGAS starts to behave really "sluggish" or even crashes with many different media included on the timeline.
  • Live preview is "hanging" between cuts unable to still preview the project normally. Especially for the 4K projects :(.
  • Plus: if you have two different 4K videos on the timeline and trying to play preview, when the cut happens - it will always "hang" for some time - showing "...." between FPS counter. It doesn't matter if it's MOV/MP4 - all intra codec or H264, network storage or high-speed SSD - the hanging is always there even for SD media sometimes. This corresponds with some weird "caching" problem? (we tried many different settings using secret options or even changing the RAM preview values with no results). This can be replicated on two absolutely different rigs (i7 Coffee-Lake) and (i9 Skylake-X) - for the exact hardware info, please contact me directly.
  • There is still problem present, when I am just trying to preview video on the timeline - but once I hit spacebar to play it, the VEGAS will hang & crash. Chance 1 out of 30 times by large 4K projects.
  • This is not always the case, but many times when I am done with editing, I will just hit SAVE and then go to "Render As" action wanting to render final file. Unfortunately, many time "Render As" just hangs and will crash the VEGAS. Reproduction is like 1 out of 3 times.

I know these problems could be hardware specific and thus bugs of this type are hard to detect. But generally using VEGAS is better now. I am able to deploy most of my work using Vegas. Still I would love to see improvements, especially for our bleeding edge hardware rigs - as they are powerful, but I don't see that Vegas is using much power from these components.

But thank you, looking forward to new patch. :)

garygiles63 wrote on 7/13/2018, 2:57 PM

I stopped using 361 after one day and went back to 321, 361 was unusable when previewing the video when editinging just slowed right down so went back to 321 and it was ok.

Also VST plugins are still facky after all these years. Please Please fix

G.

ZigoH wrote on 7/13/2018, 3:23 PM

Hi, i will share my experience with this build,, this one is by far the most stable build regarding random crashes. I know that many disagree, but just create proxies for your media..and cut it like butter. I know it cant take some time... but just take a cup of coffee, watch something on youtube...or whatever...You will sacrifice some minutes but you will gain a very pleasant edit experience.

JoeAustin wrote on 7/13/2018, 3:27 PM

Hi, i will share my experience with this build,, this one is by far the most stable build regarding random crashes. I know that many disagree, but just create proxies for your media..and cut it like butter. I know it cant take some time... but just take a cup of coffee, watch something on youtube...or whatever...You will sacrifice some minutes but you will gain a very pleasant edit experience.

I cut many hours of long multi camera videos, and I totally agree. Proxies are your friend. Especially 4k. You can set Vegas to automatically create them on 4K footage.

AVsupport wrote on 7/13/2018, 5:08 PM

Live preview is "hanging" between cuts unable to still preview the project normally. Especially for the 4K projects 

+1 for @Fiola 's assessment of the situation at large,

I might add: Preview difficulties of HFR souce material (50p) on standard 25p timelines: leads to similar out-of-buffer 'hangs' between clips as observed above

my current Win10/64 system (latest drivers, water cooled) :

Intel Coffee Lake i5 Hexacore (unlocked, but not overclocked) 4.0 GHz on Z370 chipset board,

32GB (4x8GB Corsair Dual Channel DDR4-2133) XMP-3000 RAM,

Intel 600series 512GB M.2 SSD system drive running Win10/64 home automatic driver updates,

Crucial BX500 1TB EDIT 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD

2x 4TB 7200RPM NAS HGST data drive,

Intel HD630 iGPU - currently disabled in Bios,

nVidia GTX1060 6GB, always on latest [creator] drivers. nVidia HW acceleration enabled.

main screen 4K/50p 1ms scaled @175%, second screen 1920x1080/50p 1ms.

gamehits wrote on 7/13/2018, 11:38 PM

As to ZigoH's comment about not seeing random crashes...I have to TOTALLY disagree. I am CONSTANTLY fighting random crashes...especially upon importing media, or adding effects. Is this a Vegas vs Windows 10 Build XXX issue? Man, it sure gets tiring...

iEmby wrote on 7/14/2018, 2:28 AM

One Good Update Is Supporting AMD Graphic Cards .. My Render Speed Expand to Twice Than Before.. Thanks For This Update MAGIX.. But one thing is pending to test for me i.e. run VP15 after enable so4 entries & multi core rendering for playback.. I will get back to u on this... thanks

PROCESSOR

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (Always Updated)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 (20 CPUs), ~2.1GHz - 4.90GHz
Memory: 32GB RAM
Page File: 11134MB used, 7934MB Available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

-----------------------------------------------

MOTHERBOARD

ASUS PRIME H610-CS D4
Intel® H610 (LGA 1700)
Ready for 12th Gen Intel® Processors
Micro-ATX Motherboard with DDR4
Realtek 1 Gb Ethernet
PCH Heatsink
PCIe 4.0 | M.2 slot (32Gbps) 
HDMI® | D-Sub | USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
SATA 6 Gbps | COM header
LPT header | TPM header
Luminous Anti-Moisture Coating
5X Protection III
(Multiple Hardware Safeguards
For all-round protection)

EXTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD

INTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD (iGPU)

------------------------------------------------

LED - MONITOR

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP 22es
Monitor Id: HWP331B
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

STORAGE DRIVE

Drive: C:
Free Space: 182.3 GB
Total Space: 253.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WD Blue SN570 1TB (NVMe)

---------------O----------------

My System Info (PDF File).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-eoLmuXzshTRH_8RunAYAuNocKpiLoiV&usp=drive_fs

Also Check

VEGAS Scripts Collection By Me

GitHub Profile

My YouTube Channel Dedicated to Only VEGAS Pro Tutorials

EDITROOM : My YouTube Channel (For VEGAS Tutorials)

Fiola wrote on 7/14/2018, 4:09 AM

I cut many hours of long multi camera videos, and I totally agree. Proxies are your friend. Especially 4k. You can set Vegas to automatically create them on 4K footage.

Unfortunately, no. Vegas Proxies are not usable. They are not providing alpha channel information and using them just for camera media are unstable thing to do. The vegas is still crashing randomly using them. So I am using my own proxies, when doing ingest media to our storage, we have always 4K footage and encoding 360p preview footage... but even though with this 360p is hanging Vegas preview and not working properly.

With Adobe Premiere on same computer is preview of original media on timeline absolutely without problem with results almost realtime 60fps~45fps. Same applies to DaVinci Resolve, great performance for preview. Vegas? 3~5fps and after some caching it goes up to 40~60fps,but that only last to next media on timeline, then it goes again to hanging mode.

So proxies made it surely better experience. But thats not the point what we want from Vegas. Proxies should be helpful, but not the hack or answer for the problem there shouldn't exists in the first place. :)

Reyfox wrote on 7/14/2018, 4:10 AM

No problems with me editing Panasonic UHD 4K. Color correcting, stabilizing, cropping... it went smooth. Used 4K proxies. AMD VCE rendering was really really fast!

Timeline playback is another issue on my computer. Especially Vegas' own titles. Toss in transitions and they slow down. Have to pause playback so that the preview catches up.

I do agree that if your hardware should be able to handle 4K, then Vegas should too without resorting to proxy editing. I wait for that day.

Last changed by Reyfox on 7/14/2018, 4:16 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Newbie😁

Vegas Post 365 (Currently VP21)

Win 11 Pro

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 cores / 32 threads

32GB DDR4 3200

Sapphire RX6700XT 12GB Driver: 22.5.1, testing 24.7.1

Gigabyte X570 Elite Motherboard

AVsupport wrote on 7/14/2018, 5:13 PM

As to ZigoH's comment about not seeing random crashes...I have to TOTALLY disagree. I am CONSTANTLY fighting random crashes...especially upon importing media, or adding effects. Is this a Vegas vs Windows 10 Build XXX issue? Man, it sure gets tiring...

could you pls add your hardware details into your profile @gamehits ; have you tried to do run VP with IGP disabled in Bios?

Intel Coffee Lake i5 Hexacore (unlocked, but not overclocked) 4.0 GHz on Z370 chipset board,

Intel 600series 512GB M.2 SSD system drive running Win10/64 home automatic driver updates,

nVidia GTX1060 6GB, always on latest [creator] drivers. nVidia HW acceleration enabled.

gamehits wrote on 7/16/2018, 11:51 AM

could you pls add your hardware details into your profile @gamehits ; have you tried to do run VP with IGP disabled in Bios?

That's not an option in my bios. apparently there is no integrated graphics?? IDK, but there's no way to turn it off in the bios at least. Any other suggestions? Also, here's a link to my hardware profile: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PnP5KyCA5HgxITGw7xUVHQNJGGXRpNCQ

AVsupport wrote on 7/16/2018, 5:56 PM

@gamehits if it's the i7-6820HK you have, then intel spec sheet https://ark.intel.com/products/88969/Intel-Core-i7-6820HK-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz says you have Intel Intel® HD Graphics 530 integrated. Is that a notebook? I have Coffee Lake Desktop and had crash issues all the time until I disabled iGPU. You should be able to tell if you have 2 different graphics systems running? might wanna check GPU-Z..? or right-click display settings?

gamehits wrote on 7/16/2018, 7:01 PM

@gamehits if it's the i7-6820HK you have, then intel spec sheet https://ark.intel.com/products/88969/Intel-Core-i7-6820HK-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz says you have Intel Intel® HD Graphics 530 integrated. Is that a notebook? I have Coffee Lake Desktop and had crash issues all the time until I disabled iGPU. You should be able to tell if you have 2 different graphics systems running? might wanna check GPU-Z..? or right-click display settings?

I don’t doubt that I have 2gpus in the system...the problem is I have no idea how to disable that. It’s not in the bios, as I’ve discovered is well documented, so I’d love to hear your ideas on how to disable that. I have an asus g752vy laptop

OldSmoke wrote on 7/16/2018, 7:22 PM

In many laptop systems, the iGPU will always drive the laptop’s display and the dGPU an external monitor. As such, you. can’t disable the iGPU.

@gamehits are you using the laptop display only or an external monitor too?

Proud owner of Sony Vegas Pro 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 and now Magix VP15&16.

System Spec.:
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime-A

Ram: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 2666 XMP

CPU: i7-9800x @ 4.6GHz (custom water cooling system)
GPU: 1x AMD Vega Pro Frontier Edition (water cooled)
Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

PSU: Corsair 1200W
Monitor: 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (2560x1440)

gamehits wrote on 7/16/2018, 7:29 PM

In many laptop systems, the iGPU will always drive the laptop’s display and the dGPU an external monitor. As such, you. can’t disable the iGPU.

@gamehits are you using the laptop display only or an external monitor too?

no. and the igpu is not listed in device manager either. using nvidia 980m and it's the only display adapter listed.

gamehits wrote on 7/16/2018, 7:32 PM

also, according to the ASUS forums, the igpu is disabled by ASUS. but you tell me: i'm crashing all the time, as you were, so i'm open to suggestions.

RogerS wrote on 7/17/2018, 11:21 PM

I have a new problem with 361. I have a project with 2 HD video streams. If I enable a LUT on the track level for each of them it won't render. I've tried 5 or 6 times and it gets to 50-70% and then CPU and GPU usage drops to zero. The timer clock keeps running but the file never finishes. I have to end task to get out of Vegas (cancel doesn't work either).

I'm using a Dell XPS 9650 on Windows 10 with the 1050ti NVIDIA card enabled within Vegas and NVDIA encoding template. If I only enable the LUT on one track it will render fully. If it matters, the LUTs are Paul Leeming correction LUTs to match cameras more easily. I'm using the built-in LUT loader plus one curves on each video track, that's it.

Last changed by RogerS on 7/18/2018, 1:20 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7