VEGAS Pro 19 Update 4 (Build 550)

Comments

Film_Digital wrote on 3/31/2022, 1:26 PM

@Grazie, ian-mMLC

Thanks! That did it. Apparently, some of "us" don't remember from one version to the next...

Kjell-Larsson wrote on 4/5/2022, 7:27 AM

Hi,

I upgraded to Vegas Pro 19 a week ago. Got a mail which contained several plugins from Boris FX.

- Boris FX Continuum 2021.5 Film Style Unit

- Boris FX Continuum 2021.5 Stylize Unit

- Boris FX Continuum 2021.5 Lens Flare 3D

and

- Boris FX Primatte Studio

After installing all these Boris FX plugins I run in to some problems. Since then I have had several mail discussions with Boris FX Support. They say "You only have to install "Boris FX Primatte Studio"! - Why is the other 3 in the upgrade???

All of the BCC+ plugins - which I installed with the option "Don't install unlicensed plugins..". Dispite that all the plugins were shown in Vegas Pro 19.

After several tries with help from Boris FX support I'm now in the situation where all the BCC+ plugins are still shown in Vegas Pro 19 but only the names of them without options in the window to the right of the plugins.

So - Is there a way where I don't have to see all the BCC+ plugins that I don't have any license for??? There is a lot of them 80+...! and I think they take a lot of place!

Best Regards

Kjell Larsson

Dexcon wrote on 4/5/2022, 7:33 AM

@Kjell-Larsson  ... here is a BorisFX YouTube tutorial about installing selected BorisFX Units in Vegas Pro 19 without the unlicensed FX:

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

Kjell-Larsson wrote on 4/5/2022, 7:49 AM

Thank you for your comment.

I have done the installation/activation in that way that the video describes.

My problem is that I have not bought all the BCC+ plugins. I have only installed the upgrade for Vegas Pro 19 which only contains a couple of the BorisFX plugins but I still see all of them (80+). Look at my picture in my post.

Thank you!

Dexcon wrote on 4/5/2022, 7:53 AM

Have you checked the 'Remove all unlicensed plugins' option as pointed out at 01:36 in that video?

And yes, I did see your picture.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

Kjell-Larsson wrote on 4/5/2022, 9:08 AM

Yes, I checked the box "Remove all unlicensed plugins".

kent-bailey wrote on 4/6/2022, 9:02 AM

I have tried to update multiple times within the program and it always gets to 3% and just stops. I have tried to download directly from the link in both Chrome and Edge and the same thing happens. It shouldn't be this hard to update. Has anyone found another way? UPDATE- after clicking on the second link option from @vkmast I was finally able to get it to download using Edge. Thanks!

vkmast wrote on 4/6/2022, 9:21 AM

Please see the Direct Download Link here https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-19-build-550-update-4--134490/ or the link mentioned here.

@kent-bailey

m3lquixd wrote on 4/6/2022, 8:46 PM

I am Brazilian, sorry for my English. 🤦‍♂️

🔺 Bugs and suggestions 🔺:

- You still cannot rename an already saved Filter Pack, needing to delete and save again if you want to change the name.

- When I move a Package from the Plug-In Manager to an event, the interface gets glitches.

- Interface is not yet fully responsive.
Dark theme but still remains clear.

- Alpha files made in Vegas, whether they are .AVI or .MOV will not work in Premiere. This is a big problem for collaboration in an agency. (I don't know if it's you, or Adobe I should talk to)

📣 Let's talk a little more about the Filter Pack. 💭
Some ideas.

- A good idea would be to be able to apply more than one package in one event, it could have an "apply/replace or add" option. Example: I want to apply a package, so I select it and click apply or double click if I clicked on the wrong package I can double click on the right one and it will replace it as it already is.
The "add" option would be for something like: I have a package where I did a keyframe animation with picture in picture but I also want to use a color correction package, so I could use two packages by clicking on "add" then the two effects would be applied to the event.

There are a lot of things that can be improved in the Filter Package and it is one of the resources that I use the most nowadays. It makes the work much faster.

- I have several package keyframe animations made with picture in picture, could there be a specific tool just for this, because I make some animations of custom elements entries, Example: A lower third entering and leaving the screen. So I could save the entry animation and the exit animation separately, then I could apply only the entry animation and enlarge the lower third for the time I would need it on screen and then apply the exit animation. Currently whenever I need to resize the event that I am using the animation for, I need to move all the keyframes to the end of the event, so the output gets the correct time.

🔺 List of things to urgently add to Vegas (In order of importance) 🔺:

- Adjustment Layers (It really disappointed me that you guys just made something official that you could already do in the previous version. We want an event that modifies the events below NOT THE WHOLE TIMELINE! This is not practical)
- Animation graphics (possibility to better handle keyframe animations)
- Multiple Timelines in the same project
- Improve Nested (Like, you can take any project and drop it inside another and it works fine, currently it STILL has problems with the image, a certain trace, ghost effect.... whatever)
- The possibility to be able to change the color of events individually, not the timeline (Don't need to change but give the possibility)

Yes, these ideas come directly from Adobe Premiere, but they are very useful items, and make a lot of difference in choosing which program to use. I've been using Vegas for 10 years, but knowing that the neighboring program has all these features makes me want to migrate. And many of my friends have stopped using Vegas because of the lack of these features as well.

But I am very pleased with the evolution Vegas is having from version 10 to now.

And that's all folks... 😉✌️

About me:
Hi! Melqui Calheiros Here. I've been using Vegas as my only video editor for over 10 years. I edit professionally for various influencers, public bodies and small businesses. My goal is to squeeze Vegas to the fullest! And end the prejudice that software has here in Brazil.

⬇️ Some of my jobs. ⬇️
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/post-your-vegas-creations--109464/?page=37#ca872169

PC Specs:
Operating System:
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
CPU:
    AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.60 GHz
RAM:
    32,0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 2666MHz
Motherboard:
    BIOSTAR Group B450MX-S (AM4)
Graphics:
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (ZOTAC International)
Storage:
    465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA )
    238GB Lexar 256GB SSD (SATA (SSD))
  931GB KINGSTON SNV2S1000G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Radnaro wrote on 4/7/2022, 3:39 PM

This update crush my Vegas....

after update when i turn on vegas and have serial activate window. but when i click on activate button a have error window "an online connection could not be established...."

I have internet all the time...i turn off fire wire, i open vegas as administrator...a reinstalled Vegas and still have the same problem....if this not change i want my money back from magix....

lan-mLMC wrote on 4/7/2022, 4:14 PM

@m3lquixd

Improve Nested (Like, you can take any project and drop it inside another and it works fine, currently it STILL has problems with the image, a certain trace, ghost effect.... whatever)

Can you make a bug feedback post specifically?

The possibility to be able to change the color of events individually, not the timeline (Don't need to change but give the possibility)

Do you mean Color Grading/Correction or the event appearance in the timeline?

Kevin-Byrne wrote on 4/8/2022, 3:33 AM

Updated to latest version but keep getting told I must update to latest version which then throws to pop up telling me I should buy Vegas something or other then hangs vegas so I have to start all over again can someone give me a link to the latest Vegas Pro 19 version please as the dlowad dialogue box on the V19 pop up does not complete after 1 hour plus so I have to start all over again.getting a little tired of this to be honest.

Many thanks for any assistance in advance.

vkmast wrote on 4/8/2022, 4:15 AM

@Kevin-Byrne please see (for example) this comment a few comments back.

Radnaro wrote on 4/9/2022, 12:33 PM

still doesnt work....why i have this massage all the time...

j-v wrote on 4/9/2022, 12:42 PM

@Radnaro
In your browersettings you have to allow the program (Vegas) to make a connection to the internet.

met vriendelijke groet
Marten

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, DJI Osmo Pocket, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W11 home version 23H2, i7 9700 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti with driver
560.70 Studiodriver and Intel HD graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Laptop  :Asus ROG Str G712L, W11 home version 23H2, CPU i7-10875H, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Studiodriver 560.70 and Intel UHD Graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Vegas software: VP 10 to 21 and VMS(pl) 10,12 to 17.
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEM CELL DONOR!!! (because it saved my life in 2016)

OrcatekVideo wrote on 4/9/2022, 1:29 PM

Update is very unstable for me. Can't render and crashes most of half the time on open. This computer only has one app on it, VEGAS. Tried new video drivers, no change. I just want to rollback to the prior stable version. Can't find a way to do it.

walter-i. wrote on 4/9/2022, 1:43 PM

Read through this thread - it has been asked several times.
If you're looking for a solution to your problem - and I think we'll find one - then open a separate thread and give more info there.
Take this as a possible roadmap - the info that may be needed is under points B and C:
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/important-information-required-to-help-you--110457/

Radnaro wrote on 4/9/2022, 1:45 PM

@Radnaro
In your browersettings you have to allow the program (Vegas) to make a connection to the internet.

But how i can do this? Vegas want connect to IE but i delete this program. My normal browser is Chrome

j-v wrote on 4/9/2022, 2:58 PM

Sorry, but I cannot help you further because I don't use Chrome.

met vriendelijke groet
Marten

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, DJI Osmo Pocket, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W11 home version 23H2, i7 9700 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti with driver
560.70 Studiodriver and Intel HD graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Laptop  :Asus ROG Str G712L, W11 home version 23H2, CPU i7-10875H, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Studiodriver 560.70 and Intel UHD Graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Vegas software: VP 10 to 21 and VMS(pl) 10,12 to 17.
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEM CELL DONOR!!! (because it saved my life in 2016)

andyrpsmith wrote on 4/10/2022, 4:41 AM

@Radnaro

But how i can do this? Vegas want connect to IE but i delete this program. My normal browser is Chrome

Check in windows settings, apps if the default browser is set to IE. If it is you can change it to Chrome.

(Intel 3rd gen i5@4.1GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, 1080Ti GPU, Windows 10) Not now used with Vegas.

13th gen i913900K - water cooled, 96GB RAM, 4TB M2 drive, 4TB games SSD, 2TB video SSD, GPU RTX 4080 Super, Windows 11 pro

Radnaro wrote on 4/10/2022, 6:10 AM

@Radnaro

Check in windows settings, apps if the default browser is set to IE. If it is you can change it to Chrome.

I check. Default browser is Chrome. But Vegas still want to use IE (when i delete IE then Vegas open nothing)

I worried that it could be problem with Windows. Win warning that IE was delete from system and Edge will be only default browser on Win10. Maybe thats the problem. Vegas (i dont know why) want connet with IE but Windows started to stop support....but i dont know how to change it because a cant open Vegas (and change something on vegas setting).

I instaled version 15 but this window appear too.... so umbarrasing situation....i started lost hope...

EricLNZ wrote on 4/10/2022, 6:48 AM

@Radnaro Did you actually try using the direct download link which should download with any browser. Then with VP shut down run the downloaded update file.

Radnaro wrote on 4/10/2022, 6:54 AM

@Radnaro Did you actually try using the direct download link which should download with any browser. Then with VP shut down run the downloaded update file.

Yes. I try now complety delete vegas i mean program, folders, registry. All. I turn off firewall. Downloaded file from Magix.

I instaled...and try turn on Vegas without internet....still the same. a turn internet on....nothing change too.... its dont knwo what to do.... Did Magix have mail or phone to contact?

When i try to find this, all site want told "go to forum" "go to faq"...zero option for "write to us" or something.....

I rly need this program for my work...:_(

Radnaro wrote on 4/10/2022, 7:05 AM

Yes. I try now complety delete vegas i mean program, folders, registry. All. I turn off firewall. Downloaded file from Magix.

I instaled...and try turn on Vegas without internet....still the same. a turn internet on....nothing change too.... its dont knwo what to do.... Did Magix have mail or phone to contact?

When i try to find this, all site want told "go to forum" "go to faq"...zero option for "write to us" or something.....

I rly need this program for my work...:_(

OMG....i find the problem....when i connect to my phone wifi vegas finally activate program....this is.....i have no word....so good that i find the problem (so stupid problem). Thank you all for help :)