We know you have been waiting eagerly. (especially you @lan-mLMC 😉) And now, the big day has here – the release of the new version – VEGAS Pro 17. With more than 30 new features VEGAS Pro 17 has hit a new milestone.
We've made comprehensive workflow improvements, such as Nested Timelines that provide the power to better organize complex and long-form projects. The new Color Grading panel streamlines the workflow in a quick, efficient and logical process. Another highlight of the new version is the optical-flow slow motion for incredibly smooth slow motion. Optical flow technology that analyzes one frame to the next and then creates intermediary frames between them.
If you crave more details, here you can see all new features:
- Nested Timelines This is a further development of the existing nested projects functionality. Where a nested project has to be opened in a second instance of VEGAS Pro for editing, with the nested timelines it is now possible to create and edit a "project-inside-a project" directly from the timeline.
- Color Grading window: Several color-related Video Event FX (including Input LUT, Color Wheels, Color Curves,HSL, White Balance and many more) are combined in a dedicated screen area that is easily shown or hidden with a toolbar button. To save you a lot of clicks it can stay open to apply the desired color grading to the different events, instead of opening each event's FX chain and loading the color FX separately.
- LUT Export: Save all color effects from an effect chain as a CUBE file with the Save LUT button in the Plug-in chooser window.
- Improved Storyboard functionality: You can add the same piece of media to a single storyboard, and thumbnails reflect the in point of the media that is used in the timeline.
- Warp Flow transition/Smart Split: The Warp Flow transition automatically fixes jump cuts by synthesizing movement. The Smart Split command cuts out parts of an event and applies the Warp Flow transition to conceal the cut.
- Mesh Warp plug-in for creative deformation of your footage, or, when you set the grid size to 1x1 it gives you four corner points to quickly conform your video to a non-rectangular four-sided surface.
- Lens Correction plug-in to compensate distortions from wide-angle lens systems as used in action cams.
- HDR Color support enhancements
- GPU-based processing
- Windowed HDR Preview (preview in the Video Preview window)
- HDR Specific color grading
- HLG support
- Stabilization improvements: Using the Video stabilization is now also possible at event level, when used on event level it is possible to visualize the motion tracks of the stabilization.
- Collaboration Center: Attach notes to your project if you want to hand it to someone else. The notes can be tagged as "resolved", resolved notes can be hidden.
- Automatic Slideshow Creator: Create a Slideshow of a desired length from a folder or selection of pictures.
- Adjustable Color temperature enhancement to White Balance plug-in.
- Audio synchronization for multicam: Synchronize Multicam footage by analyzing and matching the audio track of the recordings.
- 8k support : You can add 8k to your project now when using proxy files.
- Experimental MKV support.
- 10 bit intermediate format
- ProRes 4444 files with embedded alpha channels
- NVENC 10-bit HEVC rendering
- Hardware decoding for AVC and HEVC
User Interface improvements:
- You'll get a warning when you delete a track that has events on it.
- Hi-DPI interface improvements: The High DPI mode is now defaulted to on for VEGAS Pro17
- You can display the Event length on the header of timeline events. Find it in the hamburger menu for each event or under the View menu.
- Temporarily ignore event grouping when moving an event: Hold both the left and right mouse buttons as you drag an event to move it independently from other group members.
- There's a new indicator on an event to show if Media FX have been applied to the media the event holds (find it in the event hamburger menu)
- You will be asked to confirm if you click cancel in a render process.
- New, task specific, default layouts / Dashboard:Easy editing modes for beginners work with a simplified version of the user interface that show only the most important controls for a step-by-step walk-through from adding media to the final movie, everything put together in the Dashboard window. The Guided Video Creator from the Tool Menu takes you through these steps.
- VEGAS Screen Capture utility: Record video streams from your browser or video game.
- Motion tracking: Track motion in a scene and let other events or text follow the movement.
- Super-smooth slow motion (optical flow and motion estimation) with the VEGAS Slow Motion plug-in
- Render As dialog box shows the correct disk space when switching disks
- PreRes files creating with the RED Epic Helium camera are now properly supported
Learn more at vegascreativesoftware.com
The VEGAS Pro team