VEGAS Pro 15 build 177 General Discussion

Comments

Robert W wrote on 9/4/2017, 11:06 AM

I don't have a Vegas 14 license, but I was wondering, can you take advantage of ProDAD's upgrade path using the bundled Mercalli license? They have a box to enter a license code on this page: https://www.prodad.com/Video-Stabilization-for-Professionals/Mercalli-V4-Plugins-for-Vegas-29796,l-us.html

The price on that is only $99 from what I can see, so if it works it might make a cost reduced avenue for getting around the license locking issue.

Ger wrote on 9/4/2017, 11:27 AM

Just got the 15 Pro upgrade - Please tell me they've added a way of increasing the size of the icons for my mid 40's eyesight!

Kinvermark wrote on 9/4/2017, 11:44 AM

Haven't seen any mention of icon size settings within Vegas. There are threads here discussing increasing the Windows 10 icon size settings.

Are you using an ultra-wide or UHD display?

AVsupport wrote on 9/4/2017, 4:18 PM

I don't have a Vegas 14 license, but I was wondering, can you take advantage of ProDAD's upgrade path using the bundled Mercalli license? They have a box to enter a license code on this page: https://www.prodad.com/Video-Stabilization-for-Professionals/Mercalli-V4-Plugins-for-Vegas-29796,l-us.html

The price on that is only $99 from what I can see, so if it works it might make a cost reduced avenue for getting around the license locking issue.

this doesn't work. it returns an error code 'serial invalid'. Customer Service has informed they are working on an 'update'

/edit: the 'Mercalli Saga' continues in another thread here: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-15-mercalli-stabilizer-v4-missing--108353/#ca668608

Last changed by AVsupport on 9/4/2017, 6:01 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

my current Win10/64 system (latest drivers, water cooled) :

Intel Coffee Lake i5 Hexacore (unlocked, but not overclocked) 4.0 GHz on Z370 chipset board,

32GB (4x8GB Corsair Dual Channel DDR4-2133) XMP-3000 RAM,

Intel 600series 512GB M.2 SSD system drive running Win10/64 home automatic driver updates,

Crucial BX500 1TB EDIT 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD

2x 4TB 7200RPM NAS HGST data drive,

Intel HD630 iGPU - currently disabled in Bios,

nVidia GTX1060 6GB, always on latest [creator] drivers. nVidia HW acceleration enabled.

main screen 4K/50p 1ms scaled @175%, second screen 1920x1080/50p 1ms.

wjauch wrote on 9/4/2017, 7:33 PM

Tried out some Red Dragon footage. As someone from Magix (can't remember who or where) had indicated there would be support beyond redcolor 1 and 2 and indeed Dragon color redlog film is now present. Per the manual, Vegas then creates a *.SfDecProp file in the same folder as the R3d file. The problem with this IMO is that if my hard drive crashes and I need to use an external USB drive with backups of the R3d files, it won't have any of these SfDecProp files. No idea if this or similar applies to any other file formats. How about integrating this info into the veg file or failing that at least when one saves having an automatic prompt to save these files also?

HeavyMetal wrote on 9/4/2017, 10:14 PM

Tried out some Red Dragon footage. As someone from Magix (can't remember who or where) had indicated there would be support beyond redcolor 1 and 2 and indeed Dragon color redlog film is now present.

This is great news. Glad to hear that confirmed.

NickHope wrote on 9/5/2017, 12:15 AM

I disovered a welcome bug-fix. In VP12-14 I had to click an animation keyframe twice in some FX (e.g. Sharpen, Brightness & Contrast) to select them before making adjustments. That's fixed in VP15. They get selected with one click of the left or right mouse button.

GrimZeus wrote on 9/5/2017, 11:05 AM

Vegas 15 crashing to desktop on every launch attempt. I cannot run the application. Tried fresh drivers from Nvidia, no luck. My config is: 10, dual Xeon 5350 and with 3x 1080GTX.

Can I disable GPU acceleration somewhere else other than in the program? Based on the LOG, I'd say GPU accel is still the problem.

from end of file exception:

File:                C:\Users\Video1\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\15.0\vst_grovel.log
 File:                C:\Users\Video1\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\15.0\gpu_video_x64.log

Problem Description
   Application Name:    VEGAS Pro
   Application Version: Version 15.0 (Build 177)
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xe0434352)
   Fault Module:        C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
   Fault Address:       0x00007FF8B36A9E08
   Fault Offset:        0x0000000000069E08

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        X:\Program Files\Vegas 15\vegas150.exe
   Process Version:     Version 15.0 (Build 177)
   Process Description: VEGAS Pro
   Process Image Date:  2017-08-13 (Sun Aug 13) 00:34:10

Marco. wrote on 9/5/2017, 12:13 PM

If you use(d) SeMW Extensions either deinstall them or update to current version 1.0.9.

jonathan-matas wrote on 9/5/2017, 1:14 PM

I can't undock the windows to configure the interface the way I like. Also, When I click down at the timeline, it automatically hides the upper screen from the media list and waveform and histogram monistors. I know it's a setting but there's no explanation of how to stop this. Any ideas?

Marco. wrote on 9/5/2017, 1:16 PM

To undock and move a window, grab on the lower tab and move vertically first.

jonathan-matas wrote on 9/5/2017, 2:14 PM

Thank you Marco. That worked. I have a follow up for you. When I click down on the timeline to do an edit, the upper half of my interface screen is suddenly hidden so that I can not see the waveform and other monitors and library. I'm pretty sure it's a default setting. Do you know how I can override that feature?

GrimZeus wrote on 9/5/2017, 2:17 PM

ProDad Mercalli Missing. Works stand-alone and in Vegas 14 fine. My license was purchased through ProDad, (not the one sold/bundled with Magix Vegas.

jonathan-matas wrote on 9/5/2017, 2:30 PM

I don't know what you mean by this. Can you clarify?

Marco. wrote on 9/5/2017, 2:34 PM

If you've got a Mercalli license which is not bound to Vegas Pro 14 and the Mercalli FX does not appear at all in VP 15, then copy the file "ProDADMercalliV4Stabilizr.ofx.bundle" from your Vegas Pro 14 "OFX Video Plug-ins" subfolder to the same subfolder of VP15.

Marco. wrote on 9/5/2017, 2:35 PM

"When I click down on the timeline to do an edit, the upper half of my interface screen is suddenly hidden so that I can not see the waveform and other monitors and library."

Could you show a screenshot of it?

jonathan-matas wrote on 9/5/2017, 2:46 PM

This is before I click on the timeline.

jonathan-matas wrote on 9/5/2017, 2:47 PM
This is after I click

Screen 2

Marco. wrote on 9/5/2017, 2:55 PM

I think you just click onto the wrong position. It looks like you're always double-clicking the line between the window docking area and the upper timeline and thus calling a command to collapse the docking area above.

To restore either double-click on the position between timeline and toolbar or press key "F11".

Btw – this behaviour isn't special to VP15. All the Vegas versions behave same way.

gary-rebholz wrote on 9/5/2017, 3:01 PM

jonathan-matas@ If what Marco suggests above is not the problem, then somewhere along the line, I suspect you selected the Automatically hide docking area preference. Find it at Options | Preferences | Display. Deselect that preference and your "problem" will go away.

jonathan-matas wrote on 9/5/2017, 3:02 PM

No. That's not it. I don't double click and I'm not hitting the lines in between. Maybe I will re-install the program and see if that clears it up.

Marco. wrote on 9/5/2017, 3:05 PM

See Gary's comment. I guess he got it. I forgot about that option.

jonathan-matas wrote on 9/5/2017, 3:08 PM

AUTOMATICALLY HIDE DOCKING AREA!!!! THAT'S IT! Now how did that happen? You got it Gary. THANKS SO MUCH! And Marco. I REALLY appreciate you taking the time with me on this. I have several projects and no time to wait for Magix to take days to get back to me. I appreciate all your help.

vkmast wrote on 9/5/2017, 3:30 PM

Technique 5 in this "resurrected" document https://vegas-magazine.com/organizing-vegas-pro-workspace-1/