Comments

Reyfox wrote on 12/25/2021, 3:02 PM

I understand where @Cobra is coming from. We've all at one time or another clamored for a better basic titler. And yes, there are many 3rd party options, but to me, a good title editor should be a part of any editing program.

I wouldn't compare Sapphire (although I would love to own it) as a title comparison. It costs more than the entire Vegas Edit software. The same with bringing After Effects into the conversation. Boris used to have Sapphire Units, but I do not seem listed any more.

As for the additional transitions, some I like, some I don't. But I am a basic cuts/fades/dissolves type person. My title needs are fairly basic, although I do have NBFX Titler Pro 5, and Boris Title Studio (with Continuum 2022 Complete) and rarely use them.

We all have different needs, and no editor in this price range is going to meet all those different needs. I am quite happy with what Vegas can do editing, but yes, the title software is a little "long in tooth".

set wrote on 12/25/2021, 3:34 PM

@set  Do you know how to get the script from the GL transitions website into Vegas GL transitions?

I forward the explanation by developers here in this new post:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vp19b458-gl-transitions-feature--133471/

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/tutorials/gl-transitions-vp19-update-3-build-458-new-feature-customization--133473/

And I also make another new post as a place to share your unique-ready-to-be-used transitions here:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/gl-transitions-gallery-sharing-place-share-the-code-here--133472/

Last changed by set on 12/25/2021, 4:24 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

Kinvermark wrote on 12/25/2021, 9:26 PM

@set  Nice write-up Set . Thanks for doing that, and Merry Christmas! 🙂

steve-kauzlarich wrote on 12/30/2021, 6:10 PM

Is there any news on logging footage in Vegas? I have several events that I attend every year and would appreciate a way to log footage stored on multiple vegs'.

steve-kauzlarich wrote on 12/30/2021, 6:18 PM

I would like to have a Vegas-native titler rather than thrid party plug-ins. I have Boris and New Blue currently. I like the ease of New Blue, but after multiple instances of NB generated titles having problems on previous edits, or not working at all ("Enter Text" box problems), I don't use it anymore. I probably have $1,000 wrapped up in NB and effects. Currently I'm using Pro Type titler which awkward, but it never fails me. Does anyone have suggestions for a good titler program that isn't a PITA to use??

Grazie wrote on 12/31/2021, 2:59 AM

@steve-kauzlarich - We all hear yah, regarding Titlers for VP. You’re not alone. It’s been discussed hereabouts for a dozen years. NewBlue lost the plot, IMHO, with NBTP7 and, again, IMHO, NewBlue have ruined it. If I want to use their Titler, it’s NBTP5, 7 has been a bust for me.

Does anyone have suggestions for a good titler program that isn't a PITA to use??

Only the limited Legacy Texts and Text and Titler within VP itself. You’ll read here that the Vegas-Team don’t have the wherewithal, personnel etc, to get back on the case.

Reyfox wrote on 12/31/2021, 6:27 AM

@Grazie just like Vegas will bundle Boris Units that are a couple of years old with the software, why not bundle TP5?

We all know your thoughts on TP7 (which I do own but haven't installed yet), but I do have TP5 installed and it is working fine.

It's just a thought. Maybe VEGAS can get TP5 as a really great discounted rate to bundle it with all Vegas versions.

steve-kauzlarich wrote on 12/31/2021, 12:40 PM

@Grazie Perhaps I'll reinstall NB5. I've been leery of it since it was continually losing connection with my titles and replacing them with "Enter Text". I also have two computers and going between the two was a pain. All I really use is simple titles. I'm grateful that Magix picked up Vegas or we may have been forced to use Adobe by now. Although I don't consider myself a "power user", I've used Vegas since version 2.

fr0sty wrote on 1/2/2022, 7:26 PM

I would like to have a Vegas-native titler rather than thrid party plug-ins.

I have no idea what kind of progress has been made, but I do know a new native titler is something that is high up on the to-do list at VEGAS HQ. They're a small team doing really, really big things, but with a little patience, we'll have one soon enough. It still blows me away how much a handful of people have done in the 5 years since Magix acquired VEGAS, and based on what I've heard, that is only going to accelerate moving forward.

Grazie wrote on 1/2/2022, 11:47 PM

@fr0sty - Nicely put! Knowing the calibre of Creativity in the Team-Vegas, I can only imagine this must be irksome for them, wanting “better” for their User Base.

Grazie wrote on 1/3/2022, 12:06 AM

Returning to NewBlue, I now only use:

• ColorFast2 - It handles Masking creatively.
  • Transitions and some neat tools Great in VegasPro.

To me, it appears that they have never got the necessary requirement to have to have a Standalone NBTP SEVEN to work in VegasPro. For me It’s been a total bust. Their Support is irresponsive to my requests in any outcome and this has been, I’ve given them time and patience, over a protracted period and, ironically whilst they get going with their “Live” product line both saleable and usable. This is a real shame. I was with ProType Titler since the outset. It provided an amazing flexible Titler, from within VP that at that time VP couldn’t provide. I’ve reinstalled NBTP5 and use it when I need to.

Jason-Arvanites wrote on 1/3/2022, 3:03 PM

Still using Windows 10, but with the latest update build 258, once I installed it, the program was missing from my PC. I went to look for it in the program files and goneski. Have to reinstall from the previous build and update again. Hopefully, it will work this time.

Kevin-Meyer wrote on 1/4/2022, 6:33 AM

Since that new 'feature'

- Detect some media formats that are known to perform poorly during editing and display a message that encourages the user to transcode that media into a more edit-friendly format

I'm unable to import some .mov files, which have always worked for me. How do I turn this off?

Update# Someone on reddit helped me, you can turn it off in Internal Tab, search for "warn", click on it and change it to FALSE.

gary-rebholz wrote on 1/4/2022, 7:05 AM

Yes, sorry about that. The checkbox in the dialog that is meant to turn it off without going into internal preferences is broken. It will be fixed in the next update.

jjOn wrote on 1/5/2022, 6:04 AM

My results to latest 2 updates(424-458) not so far decent - had to revert back to 381 version due to the strange performance. After +Shift adding volume envelopes points, cursor flickers and not exits "pencil" mode after releasing Shift. Also after that events PanCrop arrows are unmovable at all. Program restarts solves it, but untill next adition of volume point. ___Any ideas? Thanks.

gary-rebholz wrote on 1/5/2022, 8:53 AM

@jjOn, please search the forum for this issue for further details, but It is known and has been discussed. The workaround (which is a better method anyway) is to double-click the envelope to add your new points instead of Shift+click.

Howard-Vigorita wrote on 1/5/2022, 11:49 AM

@jjOn Another alternative is to right-click selecting "add point" from the context menu.

Soniclight-2.0 wrote on 1/10/2022, 10:24 AM

Very late to the party here and my issue is very basic:
Unable to update Vegas 19.0 (Build 424 at this point) because:

1. Once I download the update, Vegas prompts me to install, but it doesn't work. Windows 10 (current) tells me that some app doesn't work - no specifics, but seems like the Vegas update.

2. So, I fire up Vegas again, and it again asks me to update, but it's back to 0% downloaded, and the cycle starts all over again.

3. I tried the perhaps outdated but certainly blocked direct link to the update provided in this thread back in Dec. 2021, and it's useless.

I really don't like in-program updates for this reason - I want to be able to download updates so I can keep them on file locally and not have to restart downloads over and over, but to have them resume from where they left off.

Please assist. Thank you.

j-v wrote on 1/10/2022, 10:47 AM

@ Soniclight-2.0

Dowload it from your Magix account, it will be automatic update if you have a lower build. After the installation you will find that build in your Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager

met vriendelijke groet
Marten

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, DJI Osmo Pocket, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W11 home version 23H2, i7 9700 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti with driver
560.70 Studiodriver and Intel HD graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Laptop  :Asus ROG Str G712L, W11 home version 23H2, CPU i7-10875H, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Studiodriver 560.70 and Intel UHD Graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Vegas software: VP 10 to 21 and VMS(pl) 10,12 to 17.
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEM CELL DONOR!!! (because it saved my life in 2016)

Soniclight-2.0 wrote on 1/10/2022, 2:45 PM

@j-v - Thanks for prompt reply, and I did use and update VP as you suggested. The following is not in response to you but blowing off some steam to Magix, so to speak:

I find it odd and somewhat of a nuisance in that one has to re-install the entire program as an update, then choose what to install as if it were the very first installation process, and then... have to re-register, again. An update should be an update, and not have to go through hoops as if it were a version upgrade.

Maybe it's some added anti-piracy security layers due to the sophistication of hackers these days, but as someone who has been using Vegas legally since v.6*, it's irritating.

* That's since 2006 - when my username here was the same minus the "2.0" (there was a problem in the Sony-to-Magix forum handover continuity, so I had to start from scratch with a new account/username.)

But then a lot has happened to Vegas since then, and I've had some prolonged absences from this forum too.

Rant over.
'Nuf said.

RogerS wrote on 1/10/2022, 9:39 PM

The direct link is not blocked- it's your browser. Cut and paste into the URL bar or use a browser like Firefox. I just clicked on it. That's the best way to get it if you don't want to download the original installer and have to choose what to install.

For activation, there is rampant pirating of the software. At the very least pirates shouldn't get updates.

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

GerY wrote on 1/11/2022, 4:48 AM

Ik zou graag een Vegas-eigen titel willen hebben in plaats van plug-ins van derden. Ik heb momenteel Boris en New Blue. Ik hou van het gemak van New Blue, maar eerst meerdere keren door NB gegenereerde titels problemen hebben met bewerkingen, of helemaal niet werkten ("Enter Text" box-problemen), gebruik ik het niet meer. Ik heb waarschijnlijk $ 1.000 ingepakt in NB en effecten. standaard gebruik ik de Pro Type-titel, wat onhandig is, maar het laat me nooit in de steek. Heeft iemand geen suggesties voor een goed titelprogramma dat PITA is om te gebruiken??

Ik gebruik alleen nog maar https://www.outerspace-software.com/blufftitler

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/tutorials/using-blufftitler-in-magix-vegas-pro-18-using-quicktime-mov--129237/

vkmast wrote on 2/17/2022, 2:26 PM

Try another browser or in Chrome try and use the workaround of copying the link text and pasting it to the browser.

@Zalina