VEGAS Pro 15 Update 4 (build 321) - General Discussion

Comments

matthias-krutz wrote on 3/15/2018, 3:17 AM

Any selected FX slider only works with <mousewheel up> but not with <mousewheel down>. Very annoying Bug when you make fine adjustments on the fly.

I do not see any problems here. It works as it should. as well the finer adjustment with control + mouse wheel.
However, the default step values could be better matched, sometimes smaller, sometimes larger.

Maybe a problem with Windows or the mouse driver. I use Win7.

Desktop: Ryzen R7 2700, RAM 32 GB, X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, Radeon RX 5700 8GB, Win10 2004

Laptop: T420, W10, i5-2520M 4GB, SSD, HD Graphics 3000

VEGAS Pro 14-18, Movie Studio 12 Platinum, Vegasaur, HOS, HitfilmPro

vkmast wrote on 3/15/2018, 3:56 AM

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/mouse-scroll-button-fail--110422/

walter-i. wrote on 3/15/2018, 3:56 AM

Any selected FX slider only works with <mousewheel up> but not with <mousewheel down>. Very annoying Bug when you make fine adjustments on the fly.

I do not see any problems here. It works as it should. as well the finer adjustment with control + mouse wheel.
However, the default step values could be better matched, sometimes smaller, sometimes larger.

Maybe a problem with Windows or the mouse driver. I use Win7.

I also use Win 7, no problem here with Vegas "Brightness & Contrast", "Film-grain", "crop" and "AAV Color Lab"

Interesting: Vegas "Film-effects"- there is no movement with mouse and slider at all (perhaps older fx?)

I also think in general:
We have a great mix of Vegas and Windows effects here (also in some other threads).
And it's incredibly hard to tell which side the reason is.

Edit:
vkmast was faster

AVsupport wrote on 3/15/2018, 6:40 AM

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/mouse-scroll-button-fail--110422/

thanks mate overlooked that glorious thread ;-)

my current Win10/64 system (latest drivers, water cooled) :

Intel Coffee Lake i5 Hexacore (unlocked, but not overclocked) 4.0 GHz on Z370 chipset board,

32GB (4x8GB Corsair Dual Channel DDR4-2133) XMP-3000 RAM,

Intel 600series 512GB M.2 SSD system drive running Win10/64 home automatic driver updates,

Crucial BX500 1TB EDIT 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD

2x 4TB 7200RPM NAS HGST data drive,

Intel HD630 iGPU - currently disabled in Bios,

nVidia GTX1060 6GB, always on latest [creator] drivers. nVidia HW acceleration enabled.

main screen 4K/50p 1ms scaled @175%, second screen 1920x1080/50p 1ms.

Former user wrote on 3/15/2018, 6:48 AM

@fr0sty One notable difference is the memory usage in the performance tab of task manager. The laptop peak usage is about 12.8 gb of 16 gb. mostly about 12.2 gb. The PC was struggling to stay just below 16 gb. a lot of the time. The PC memory chart varied a lot more than the laptops, which was much more even.

These black sections may be where there simply wasn’t enough memory to go around?

Neat Video is probably not the culprit.

Maybe check out your 64gb memory chart in Task manager, (needs recent 1907 Win update) while attempting to render, if it heads up towards max usage then this might indicate a memory problem, my 2 machines are limited to 16gb.

I did a second render on Laptop to observe the memory, anyway it rendered out fine. Of course Magix may be inclined to say that since it works on the laptop then its some of our settings on our PC's. I don’t know enough of the finer points of memory management to go any further, but suspect that it might be some Win setting that needs changing. Maybe Magix could test your project on one of their PC's ?

The good news is it does render out (A total of 3 out of 3 successful renders) without any issue on the laptop.

mateuszszar wrote on 3/15/2018, 8:04 AM

1. Mouse scroll - still doesn't work as it should be (in OFX plugin sliders).

Confirmed. (tested with Vegas 'Brightness & Contrast' and 'Filmconvert')

You can temporarily turn-off "scroll inactive windows when I hover over them"

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/download/file/mediacenter/l2adhc58saef/0G4nXXMoo4WGXGLnnioR3RDMWDL4R4No

But this is a temporary solution. I don't want to disable useful windows functions just because in Vegas (OFX) something doesn't work as it should. In PREMIERE PRO there is no problem 😤

wwjd wrote on 3/15/2018, 9:03 AM

FYI - I did the go4compoundwhateverDLL fix last night, and it seems like MOST of my issues went away. Film at 11.

david-ruby wrote on 3/15/2018, 1:15 PM

Can someone reproduce this for me. I have a single clip. I drop the vegas sharpen fx plug on the clip. Then in the pan crop area I take the pen tool and draw around a section of the clip. I choose mask and click yes to apply fx. Then choose feather inside and apply a bit. Then I choose positive mask. These two settings are under the crop/pan window. I then playback the clip and it is dropping frames and stuttering a bit. Is this normal?

Former user wrote on 3/15/2018, 3:28 PM

@fr0sty

Fixed .. Rendered out ok on PC.

I used the same nvenc render template as I previously mentioned.

I disabled the so4 ...dll on the PC and the erratic memory display in task manager disappeared, no black sections in render or on playback.

The reason I didn’t try this earlier was because it rendered out ok on the laptop with the so4 ..dll enabled.

I kinda stumbled upon it, it went like this ...

I decided to create proxies on the PC, but I kept getting an error message (without any much info) that Vegas couldn’t create the proxies.  So I disabled the dll and then Vegas created the proxies.  Then I did a render and I saw immediately it was going to work, steady mostly flat memory graph, low, around 12.2 gb, same as laptop render and no black pieces.

So the laptop doesn’t need the dll disabled but the PC does.

When auto creating the proxies, set in options, for some reason these files didn’t get proxies, so I created them individually.  P1011392.mov, P1011403.mov, P1011405.mov.

Just a note Fr0sty .. these 4 files you uploaded don’t appear to be used in the project 

P1011295.mov, P1011296.mov, P1011297.mov, P1011300.mov.

AVsupport wrote on 3/15/2018, 4:53 PM

But this is a temporary solution. I don't want to disable useful windows functions just because in Vegas (OFX) something doesn't work as it should. In PREMIERE PRO there is no problem 😤

Agreed. This is most likely a Win10 introduced VP coding oversight. At least there's a workaround: thanks @vkmast , @mateuszszar

my current Win10/64 system (latest drivers, water cooled) :

Intel Coffee Lake i5 Hexacore (unlocked, but not overclocked) 4.0 GHz on Z370 chipset board,

32GB (4x8GB Corsair Dual Channel DDR4-2133) XMP-3000 RAM,

Intel 600series 512GB M.2 SSD system drive running Win10/64 home automatic driver updates,

Crucial BX500 1TB EDIT 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD

2x 4TB 7200RPM NAS HGST data drive,

Intel HD630 iGPU - currently disabled in Bios,

nVidia GTX1060 6GB, always on latest [creator] drivers. nVidia HW acceleration enabled.

main screen 4K/50p 1ms scaled @175%, second screen 1920x1080/50p 1ms.

robin-how wrote on 3/15/2018, 6:19 PM

Newbie post - don't flame me!

Why doesn't Vegas notify me of the availability of updates? I get that you don't want automatic installation but I'd like to know when a new build has been released without having to go and search for it.

Cheers

fr0sty wrote on 3/15/2018, 6:50 PM

A lot of us have been asking the same thing for a long time...

JN_ I too was able to pull off a successful 32 bit render with so4 disabled, but I was not able to before I pulled this highlight video out of the larger project, so there is a memory bug going on that will affect people even if they aren't using so4, if those people are using large projects with a lot of media in them.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

david-ruby wrote on 3/15/2018, 6:50 PM

@robin-how I believe it might be because they are still working on this update.

david-ruby wrote on 3/15/2018, 6:52 PM

Can someone reproduce this for me. I have a single clip. I drop the vegas sharpen fx plug on the clip. Then in the pan crop area I take the pen tool and draw around a section of the clip. I choose mask and click yes to apply fx. Then choose feather inside and apply a bit. Then I choose positive mask. These two settings are under the crop/pan window. I then playback the clip and it is dropping frames and stuttering a bit. Is this normal?

No takers? : ) Also curious.Is it normal for vegas to slow down when using certain text programs as well; NB titler, boris Studio titler as well as certain New Blue fx? Any thoughts please?

mateuszszar wrote on 3/15/2018, 7:19 PM

Why doesn't Vegas notify me of the availability of updates? I get that you don't want automatic installation but I'd like to know when a new build has been released without having to go and search for it.

Unfortunately notifications in vegas also do not work. Messages only appear on UPGRADE, not UPDATE. Even if you have already bought and installed the upgrade.

It's just VEGAS 🙃

You must follow the forum to be up-to-date.

Former user wrote on 3/15/2018, 7:25 PM

I too was able to pull off a successful 32 bit render with so4 disabled, but I was not able to before I pulled this highlight video out of the larger project, so there is a memory bug going on that will affect people even if they aren't using so4, if those people are using large projects with a lot of media in them.

So why offer the highlight video to people to download and test if you already had success with this same highlight video? Perhaps i’m missing something here?

fr0sty wrote on 3/15/2018, 9:14 PM

I just did the test after you reported success, and also had success with it. I had not tried disabling so4 after moving the highlight video from the larger project yet. In the larger project, it would fail even if so4 was disabled, but in the smaller one, 32 bit works without so4. I didn't know that until you reported success.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

robin-how wrote on 3/16/2018, 3:19 AM

Unfortunately notifications in vegas also do not work. Messages only appear on UPGRADE, not UPDATE. Even if you have already bought and installed the upgrade.

It's just VEGAS 🙃

You must follow the forum to be up-to-date.

I'm glad it's not just me being stupid!

Former user wrote on 3/16/2018, 6:23 AM

I just did the test after you reported success, and also had success with it. I had not tried disabling so4 after moving the highlight video from the larger project yet. In the larger project, it would fail even if so4 was disabled, but in the smaller one, 32 bit works without so4. I didn't know that until you reported success.

Right!😏

walter-i. wrote on 3/16/2018, 6:41 AM

Who of you all tried to use "nested" vegs with this new build?
If you want to try, use only vegs without the swap0 file already present or use new and very simple vegs to nest in a mainproject.
With me it results in 100 % crashes, while there was in build 311 no problem.

You are right!
I did this same nesting 2 weeks ago in build 311 - no problem at all.
Now i renamed the sfap0-files and tried it in build 321 - it crashed while rendering the secound veg.
See screenshot.

Walter

Can anyone else confirm the non-function of nesting in VP15, build 321?

matthias-krutz wrote on 3/16/2018, 12:12 PM

I noticed no problems. Two small tests were rendered without errors.

Desktop: Ryzen R7 2700, RAM 32 GB, X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, Radeon RX 5700 8GB, Win10 2004

Laptop: T420, W10, i5-2520M 4GB, SSD, HD Graphics 3000

VEGAS Pro 14-18, Movie Studio 12 Platinum, Vegasaur, HOS, HitfilmPro

fr0sty wrote on 3/16/2018, 3:04 PM

Heard the word from Magix today that they've isolated the issue I've been having and will be fixing it in the next update, so I am going to remove my project from Google Drive. JN_, thank you for your help.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

VEGAS_EricD wrote on 3/16/2018, 3:59 PM

We would still like to have you upload the project so we can take a look at this specific report, if possible. If you could, please drop us a link in your ticket to where we can download the files. Thanks.

vkmast wrote on 3/16/2018, 4:02 PM

@fr0sty, please see above.