Crash on launch

MosCow wrote on 3/28/2022, 11:28 PM

I don't know what is going on, but my video editor is crashing on launch now, and I have no clue what is going on.

I decided to uninstall and reinstall the program so that I could get to editing videos faster, but that did not work. I've also tried these methods.

- Disabling my secondary monitors by only using one display ion the display settings (ex. only use 1 would turn off display 2 and vice versa)
- Uninstalling and Reinstalling
- Deleting Temp Cache in %temp%, or the Temp files
That's pretty much it, is there any way I can fix it? I've got a lot of videos to edit soon and I'm not looking to 'duct tape' solution and figure a way to not 'edit' them but yet still having sounds or songs applied to them (aka: recording the sound and video at the same time, I've actually done that a few times).

It would crash on 'creating Windows'.

Using: Movie Studio Platinum 14.0

Comments

EricLNZ wrote on 3/29/2022, 5:09 PM

Try a "Factory Reset". Instructions here https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-how-can-i-reset-vegas-pro-to-default-settings--104646/ Whilst written for Vegas Pro it also applies to VMS.

MosCow wrote on 4/2/2022, 8:30 PM

Try a "Factory Reset". Instructions here https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-how-can-i-reset-vegas-pro-to-default-settings--104646/ Whilst written for Vegas Pro it also applies to VMS.

Didn't work, even tried to re-install and do the trick, nothing, still crashes on launch.

Musicvid wrote on 4/2/2022, 9:41 PM

Where on earth did you get that version? Is it registered?

MosCow wrote on 5/7/2022, 1:58 AM

Where on earth did you get that version? Is it registered?

It's simple really, I bought it when it was 14.0; registered it, became too poor to upgrade, bam.

vkmast wrote on 5/7/2022, 2:39 AM

I assume you have also seen this FAQ. (Replace "Vegas Pro"s with your software.)

MosCow wrote on 5/9/2022, 7:20 PM

I assume you have also seen this FAQ. (Replace "Vegas Pro"s with your software.)

Yep, 22 solutions have not worked; let's go for 500 repeats of the same solutions. I still crash.