DVD into Vegas Pro15 timeline = shorter audio than video

stuart-pettigrew wrote on 4/4/2018, 12:44 PM

Using Vegas Pro 15 on Windows 10, importing a DVD (Video_TS) results in each clip having a shorter audio track than its video track. There's actually a snip of audio lost at the end of each clip. I used the "Import DVD Camcorder Disk" option. Anyone know what I can do to remedy this situation?

Comments

Musicvid wrote on 4/4/2018, 2:12 PM

This is the "Gary James Method"

Vegas allows you to open up a DVD .IFO file. This imports the entire .VOB chain for both video and audio tracks.

Copy the contents of the DVD over to your hard drive first, then open up the .IFO file from the hard drive copy.
Click File / Open, then navigate to your VIDEO_TS sub directory and enter *.IFO in the File name input field. For a regular DVD you will see a VIDEO_TS.IFO, and a VTS_01_0.IFO. Select the VTS_01_0.IFO file and click on Open.
The advantage of using the .IFO file open method over the DVD Import method is that it's faster, and when you are all done, chapter marks in the original DVD are included in the video stream as media markers.

vkmast wrote on 4/4/2018, 2:25 PM

Read also Import DVD without audio spaces for more on this. Lots more if you go to http://forum-archive.magix.info/search.asp

stuart-pettigrew wrote on 4/4/2018, 4:17 PM

The Gary James Method worked brilliantly! Thank you

Musicvid wrote on 4/4/2018, 4:51 PM

Feel free to mark it as a solution if you wish.

Musicvid wrote on 4/4/2018, 7:55 PM

Thanks, Stuart!

We work on the cheap here.

Bender wrote on 5/11/2019, 7:59 AM

Has anyone tried the Gary James Method using Movie Studio 16.0 Platinum? I'm on Windows 10, and just get:

vkmast wrote on 5/12/2019, 1:38 AM

Yes. Did you try with a home-made/not commercial (copy-protected) DVD? This is mentioned in the OP of the "audio spaces" thread linked above.