Hello. Newbie having installation issues

Crowyote wrote on 4/16/2020, 5:25 AM

Hi guys,

First post here. I just purchased Vegas Pro 17 from VK. I'm very excited to get started.

Unfortunately I'm having problems with the vegaspro17_dlm.exe and vegasdvdarchitect.exe file. Before it even runs I'm seeing that the Magix Installation Mnager is having a problem connecting to the network.

Also my DVD architectpro7-cn.exe appears to be in Chinese? does the CN mean Chinese? I need it in English.

Those were the files that I was emailed links to download.

I tried turning off my antivirus, running as administator, even considered the regedit thing I saw online. Are the servers just turned off at certain times during the coronavirus crisis?

Thanks . . . I'm looking forward to making some very detailed and lush videos.

Comments

vkmast wrote on 4/16/2020, 6:14 AM

I'm not familiar (or associated) with the "VK" that you said you purchased the software from. You probably need to seek advice from the supplier of your software.

Crowyote wrote on 4/16/2020, 6:26 AM

I'm not familiar (or associated) with the "VK" that you said you purchased the software from. You probably need to seek advice from the supplier of your software.

Vintage King

vkmast wrote on 4/16/2020, 7:27 AM

They seem to have "Free Tech Support" mentioned on their Magix VEGAS Pro 17 Electronic Delivery page. See if they are able to give you the proper download links to start with.

Crowyote wrote on 4/16/2020, 3:39 PM

I'm wondering if Vegas Pro 17 will even run on my machine and if I'm being kicked out because I don't meet system requirements. I have an Intel i7-3630QM @ 2.4 gHz w/ 8gb RAM 4 core that runs 8 in parallel, and the Vegas site recommends an i5 6th gen 2.6 gHz.

I've heard in some comparison tests that my computer compares well in some tests to the i5. I'm not planning on using the 4k mode as of yet. I actually would have purchased Moviemaker, but Vintage King doesn't offer it on their site and I have financing with them. My editing needs are nowhere near Hollywood quality, lol.

vkmast wrote on 4/16/2020, 4:13 PM

By "Moviemaker" you probably mean VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Platinum. The relevant product pages are here.

Musicvid wrote on 4/16/2020, 5:07 PM

Your machine specs are minimal but useable.

At least a 4th gen. Intel i7 and 16 GB RAM would be snappier.

Crowyote wrote on 4/17/2020, 5:43 AM

By "Moviemaker" you probably mean VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Platinum. The relevant product pages are here.

Yeah I think I meant Movie Studio. Lol Windows Movie Maker is the program I had been using.

I'm glad to know that my device will run this program, but I'm still having a difficult time with installation. I've looked up every article . . . reinstalled the latest C++ redistributables, tried to reinstall microsoft.NET framework (didn't need to apparently), updated network drivers, I've made sure all TCP etc ports are turned on in the latest Windows update, turned firewall on and off, making sure that all ports are enabled with firewall, etc.

My guess is the remote server is down?

vkmast wrote on 4/17/2020, 5:50 AM

Were you able to download it though?

Crowyote wrote on 4/17/2020, 6:11 AM

Were you able to download it though?

only the file download files:
http://dl03.magix.net/vegaspro17_dlm.exe

I get a Magix Installation Manager error message that there is something wrong with my internet connection, but my Internet works fine. It is a 2.4 gHz connection tho (this computer's from 2013 I think!)

vkmast wrote on 4/17/2020, 6:53 AM

Could you try and re-download from here section 6 Direct links, VEGAS Pro 17, this one (it's a dl04)?

Crowyote wrote on 4/18/2020, 10:16 PM

Could you try and re-download from here section 6 Direct links, VEGAS Pro 17, this one (it's a dl04)?

Thanks for the direct link, vkmast! I had seen the page, but wasn't sure which version to install.

I was able to install, but when I go to register and activate I get the same indication. "An online connection cannot be established . . . " then it asks me to "reset internet settings," which I've done multiple times now. After this Internet explorer opens up (I never use IE anymore and thought it was replaced with "edge") and the magix.com site is opened. It doesn't take me to a register or activate link directly.

So, I guess I can register and activate via my account (I will probably use Google Chrome, since that's my preferred browser) on the Magix site and it still will work on my computer? Is the remote host at Magix.com down or in need of repair?

I guess I'm also going to need to do this process with DVD architect, as well . . .

EricLNZ wrote on 4/18/2020, 11:48 PM

Activation worked okay for me a few days ago but bear in mind the world isn't operating normally at present.

Do you use Windows Defnder? This has been known to cause connection problems with the Magix servers.

Crowyote wrote on 4/19/2020, 2:35 AM

Activation worked okay for me a few days ago but bear in mind the world isn't operating normally at present.

Do you use Windows Defnder? This has been known to cause connection problems with the Magix servers.

With the newest Windows update, it seems that Windows Defender seems to force itself to be on in some way even with McAfee on. I've tried turning both off via several settings menus. I'm still not getting anywhere tho. At least, it's downloaded on my computer . . . just can't connect to the server.

I also tried to activate in the Vegas Service Center on my profile. I was able to register, but creating an activation code didn't work. I'm not really sure what "ComputerID*" refers to specifically, but I tried to enter some numbers listed on the .cmd app under "physical address" after typing in ipconfig/all I'm not sure if it's the wi-fi LAN address or Ethernet address or the device id shown under system settings in windows. When I enter any of them I only get the message:

"Error activating

No activation could be created; please try again later."

Crowyote wrote on 4/22/2020, 5:45 AM

I started using the trial version. I finally figured out if I took my serial number out of the activation window, that I could start with the trial. I can admit I was jumping in blind I just bought the program because it was the only one could with financing, but I can tell this program is worth it and so much more.

I hope I can get it activated soon. Thanks for forgiving my huffing and puffing.

vkmast wrote on 4/22/2020, 6:06 AM

You mentioned this earlier but I'm not sure if you ever tried it. If you did and were able to register, did you try starting the program and entering the serial number there?https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/support/article/registering-software-through-the-magix-service-center--665/

@Crowyote

Crowyote wrote on 4/22/2020, 6:51 AM

You mentioned this earlier but I'm not sure if you ever tried it. If you did and were able to register, did you try starting the program and entering the serial number there?https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/support/article/registering-software-through-the-magix-service-center--665/

@Crowyote

I registered, but when I go to the next link in the service center: Create activation code

I get the message:

"Error activating

No activation could be created; please try again later."

Crowyote wrote on 4/23/2020, 4:43 AM

@Crowyote

Are you using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 as your default browser? I mostly use Google Chrome.

Also wondering if I can find a way to completely remove McAfee temporarily if that will solve the issues with activation . . .

vkmast wrote on 4/23/2020, 4:54 AM

No, I use Chrome and Edge. I have discontinued McAbre but still haven't completely removed it and it keeps nagging. I don't have trouble with activations though (so far).

If you haven't yet, you probably need to try and Ask Support.

Crowyote wrote on 4/23/2020, 5:32 AM

No, I use Chrome and Edge. I have discontinued McAbre but still haven't completely removed it and it keeps nagging. I don't have trouble with activations though (so far).

If you haven't yet, you probably need to try and Ask Support.

I'm going to try again this afternoon during a break between lessons. All I was told, as mentioned on another post, is to make sure all my TLS ports are open and enabled in the Control Panel->Internet Options->Advanced window and to turn off my firewall. This didn't solve the issue, as I had enabled these options last week.

One lucky outcome of all this struggle is that my webcam started working again, apparently it had just been disabled or blocked in one of the hidden Windows menus.

Crowyote wrote on 4/23/2020, 7:30 PM

Finally, I broke though and got activated!

Thanks to Gilbert, we found a solution for those of you who faces this issue in the future: "

To turn off all firewalls
In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
At the command prompt, 
type "netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off"
and then press Enter.
Open your web browser and visit a website you trust and see if you can connect to it.
To turn on all firewalls you might have installed, at the command prompt, 
type "netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state on"
and then press Enter.

Once this finishes, if you receive another error,  try unchecking the "Warn about certificate mismatch" and also the "Warn if changing between secure and not secure" option."

I dunno exactly which of these two steps solved the issue but it finally worked. So stoked!!!

fr0sty wrote on 4/23/2020, 8:53 PM

By the way, I'd get rid of Mcafee, even John Mcafee himself put out a youtube video showing how to uninstall his software after he sold his company, because the new owners made it so bad... Check out sophos, or malwarebytes.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

set wrote on 4/23/2020, 10:28 PM

Finally... glad to hear... tagging your post as a solution - as a reference for other users

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

vkmast wrote on 4/24/2020, 1:08 AM

Thanks @Crowyote for posting the solution that worked for you. Much appreciated.

Crowyote wrote on 4/24/2020, 3:27 AM

Just to be clear: Try to activate VP17 between deactivating all firewalls and reactivating. That was inherent in the dialogue, but not necessarily my quote taken out of context from the Gilbert.

I'll be keeping McAfee, but I will disable it now and then as needed. It's a pain for sure but it's kept my Toshiba computer healthy and it has been running for 7 years, and my iPad on the other hand died after less than 3 w/o something like it.