Is it possible to make my own visualizer without any plugins?

MrPanthouse wrote on 3/25/2023, 10:32 AM

Hello,

I recently made a track and was looking to make a visualizer in vegas pro 18.
I asked GPT-4 on how make one and it cant really come up with anything.

It tells me to:

1. import my audio and make a videotrack

2. add a gradient eclipse to my videotrack and give it video fx (color corection, chroma keyer and wave)

3. add audio fx (wave hammer surround)

But all i get is an blurred/waved red eclipse that doesnt move at all.

GPT-4 said I could in previous versions add source audio to the wave (not sure how) but that isnt there
Some other options he gives is to get borisFX or sonic foundry soft encode.

So I guess I slightly answered my own question here but is it possible to make an visualizer by my own in vegas or is it better to get an audio spectrum from the web?
And what are some good sites for safe plugin downloads?

Kind regards,
Gert-Jan

Comments

Former user wrote on 3/25/2023, 10:45 AM

@MrPanthouse Hi, Is it this type of thing you're wanting? https://borisfx.com/videos/create-different-audio-visualizers-with-continuum-s-beat-reactor/

MrPanthouse wrote on 3/25/2023, 10:58 AM

well i do want that kind of visualizer i just want to make it myself instead of paying 300$

Former user wrote on 3/25/2023, 11:07 AM

@MrPanthouse It costs a bit more than that but I was only asking for clarification, the image could be created but I don't know of anything in Vegas that make that image react to the beat of a sound track.

Musicvid wrote on 3/25/2023, 11:19 AM

You need to ask Google, not a liebot.

https://www.google.com/search?q=open+source+audio+visualizer&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS899US899&oq=open+source+audio+visualizer

vkmast wrote on 3/25/2023, 11:20 AM

The thread moved to the main VEGAS Pro Video forum. Please note that the "Vegas Effects" sub-forum is meant for topics related to the VEGAS Effects software that comes with VEGAS Post.  (Similarly, the "Vegas Image" sub-forum is for topics related to "VEGAS Image", also included with VEGAS Post.)