I'm wondering if you all can help me out. I have been using Sony Movie Studio platinum 13 for several years, and love it. I rely heavily on certain key features, as well as many template projects that I need to continue using. But it no longer works with my new windows 11 machine (track motion keyframes & functionality doesn't work correctly; it won't compile a video; etc).
I'm aware that Magix bought it out, and now (from what I can tell) Movie Studio is a different codebase. So I'm confused as to what I should do in order to preserve what I need. At a minimum I need to preserve the following abilities:
- Be able to continue opening up my past projects and template projects, edit, re-use, etc.
- multiple video tracks, audio tracks
- Pan & crop functionality with keyframes, track motion functionality with keyframes
- FX like Sony levels; envelopes (volume, pan, opacity)
- input video formats like mp4, wmv (mov would be a bonus, i could not import it in ms platinum 13); and output to mp4 on local drive.
- In a nutshell, I need to preserve the features of movie studio platinum 13, and hopefully the user interface without too much change or learning curve.
My question is, do I purchase Movie Studio, or Vegas Pro? If Vegas, can I upgrade for a lesser cost, or do I need to purchase the $249 version?
Thank you so much!