Respecting Fellow Community Members

Bri-Hageman wrote on 1/3/2020, 1:41 PM

Dear Community,

We've noticed a growing number of comments directed from one participant to another that can easily be interpreted as rude, hostile, aggressive, or otherwise undesirable. This community thrives because of the helpful interaction between it's members. We all get frustrated, angry, and short tempered now and then, but please keep in mind Community Rule #1, Respect the opinions and views of other members of the community. The rule does not say you have to agree. It just points out that respect is critical to this forum. Everyone here wants to help. Please keep this in mind as we head into a fresh new year.

Best regards,

Bri

Comments

j-v wrote on 1/3/2020, 1:55 PM

πŸ‘

met vriendelijke groet
Jan

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W10, i7 9700 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti.
Laptop Β :Asus ROG GL753VD, W10 home, version 1903 build 18.362,295 CPU i7 7700HQ, 8 GB RAM, GeF. GTX 1050 (2 GB) + Int. HD Graphics 630(2GB).VP 16,17 and VMS PL 16 are installed, all latest builds
Both Nvidia GPU's have driver version 441.66 Studio Driver, desktop the Studio DHC driver
TV Β  Β  Β :LG 4K 55EG960V

Dutch video tutorials for beginners

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEMCELL DONOR !!!

Musicvid wrote on 1/3/2020, 1:57 PM

+1.

It's ok to disagree, without being disagreeable.

vkmast wrote on 1/3/2020, 2:34 PM

Thank you for reminding about this.

RogerS wrote on 1/3/2020, 5:43 PM

Thank you, civility is important to maintain here.

fr0sty wrote on 1/3/2020, 11:57 PM

Don't make Bri pull this car over...

Musicvid wrote on 1/4/2020, 7:24 AM

If everyone, including me, would take the time and care to read and comment only on the original topic, instead of side-commenting on other's replies, this problem would be 50% solved.

I am saddened that we have apparently disillusioned a new user, and misrepresented the brand, by jumping into the middle of a narrow discussion with another Off-Topic free-for-all. Being aware of the whole discussion is more important than my, or anyone's views on the price of caviar in Beluga, which is still pretty important ;?)

AveSatanas wrote on 1/7/2020, 7:57 PM

i know that when i put a post up (being a new video creator) i feel soo humbled by the way some people answer as they know i dont know much so they put it in the most watered down version so i can understand what they are saying

Brendon wrote on 1/7/2020, 8:05 PM

What if you cant afford a therapist and rely on self directed aggressive responses on anonymous forums for anally retentive obsessive compulsive video editors?

karma17 wrote on 1/10/2020, 4:51 AM

He who angers you conquers you.

Ecquillii wrote on 1/10/2020, 8:12 AM

Nice. If they get under your skin, they own you.

It's also a reminder that no matter how badly you think you are being treated, the only thing that is in your control is how you respond.

John_Cline wrote on 1/18/2020, 4:55 AM

Wait! Is BillyBoy back? (Only the Vegas forum old-timers will get this reference.)

Jessariah67 wrote on 1/18/2020, 2:11 PM

I remember Billy Boy. That WAS long ago (and in a galaxy far, far away, to be sure...)

As a nearly 20-year user and lifetime lover & defender of Vegas, I STILL come here and STILL learn new things. You don't have to be a newbie to need help from time to time. I agree that this forum has always been one of the most friendly and helpful. You go to Adobe, and half the time, the attitude is "what's wrong with you...?"

This is, for the most part, a great group of people. I personally don't believe that Vegas would still be around if it weren't for the general caliber and attitude of its users.

Musicvid wrote on 1/18/2020, 3:23 PM

And good to see @John_ClineΒ drop back in!

Rednroll wrote on 1/23/2020, 8:30 AM

Things would be so much simpler if folks would just realize that we all have different perspectives and attempt to participate in a discussion rather than to immediately seek to engage in a debate.

A good habit to develop: "Seek to understand, before seeking to be understood."

vkmast wrote on 1/23/2020, 8:48 AM

I'd also like to remind of the original Post's message: "We all get frustrated, angry, and short tempered now and then, but please keep in mind Community Rule #1,Β Respect the opinions and views of other members of the community." That includes refraining from personal attacks.

john_dennis wrote on 1/29/2020, 1:30 PM

I'm not always in a good mood, sometimes I just go off, but, I have a special folder for just this reason...

karma17 wrote on 2/7/2020, 1:46 AM

An old boss of mine used to say, "Be careful of the toes you step on today because they might be connected to ass you have to kiss tomorrow." Maybe that's less true on the Internet. But even still, it is best to be polite.