Comments

fr0sty wrote on 8/10/2022, 11:04 PM

Resolve's caching is superior, for sure, but more modern hardware does get around that in VEGAS, to some degree. It still won't give you 10 bit 4K 4:2:2 in real time with no drops, or even close to it, without proxies, but it does help. I can edit 1080p in real time, with very limited stuttering ever if any. That said, nothing I'm seeing with your hardware should be choking on 1080p.

Steve_Rhoden wrote on 8/11/2022, 12:03 AM

@Seb-o, You are so wrong at so many levels, claiming that the people at the top are not serving Vegas well !

fr0sty wrote on 8/11/2022, 12:19 AM

And there you go again kicking that dead horse... after being told not to expect a sea change in performance in the initial release of VEGAS 20, yet still acting surprised that you got exactly that. You set yourself up with unrealistic expectations after being told what to expect. As for me, even on my little ol' RTX 2060 laptop, I can edit 1080p in realtime with no sync drift, so i'm not sure what is up with your system config to be causing it, but it isn't universal.

fr0sty wrote on 8/11/2022, 1:38 AM

If that were actually the case, you wouldn't have posted that last post. You went into it knowing that the work on performance was still underway, then cried foul when you realized that... it was still underway...

Seb-o wrote on 8/11/2022, 1:53 AM

Well, about every single release Vegas P.R. /marketing boast "performance improvements" and there has been some over the last several iterations, though very incremental, and I read that this time around as well. It is THEIR words. So, I came to see what THAT verbage was suggesting, to see if it amounted to anything AT ALL.

I'm not trying to cause trouble, like I said, I was commiserating with Kloverton and one other who were equally "underwhelmed." Is that fair? Knowing that we were "advised" 'not to expect too much this time 'round?' Well, it is not, Mr. fr0sty, just what they DID not do, but what things the chose TO DO as opposed to the wishes of the "unholy triumvirate." Not that WE should be the prime camp considered, but WE do feel that our voices have been mostly UNHEARD, (many have voted with their feet, a trend I'd like to see subside) a faint whisper compared to the BELLOWS of the Marketing and Financing Dept. (and of course I have my own theories of how these "deals" are really hammered out, but I'll keep that to myself.)

Steve_Rhoden wrote on 8/11/2022, 2:01 AM

@fr0sty, dont bother waste your time trying to convince or assist someone who doesn't come here for any fr0sty, you'll just be going around in circles like what's happening now...... I no longer have long discussions or try to assist users who follow any line of repeated rant no matter what is discussed or advice they receive. Because after the insults and sarcastic comments, they then say it is constructive criticism, which it is NOT.

J-Toresen wrote on 8/11/2022, 2:25 AM

@fr0sty

I really wish you could ban this person, Seb-o. His vendetta is not constructive at all, he just destroys this forum.
Jøran Toresen

Seb-o wrote on 8/11/2022, 2:32 AM

@fr0sty, dont bother ..............., they then say it is constructive criticism, which it is NOT.

@Steve_Rhoden I very much appreciate fr0sty for his sunny optimism. I'd probably have to include you as well, come to think of it. I like him for the same reasons I liked John Rofrano and Douglass Spotted Eagle, they were evangelists for the program, par excellece and I shared that enthusiasm. (where are THEY now?) Fast forward.....SOS, same ol' .....something......and though I very much want to believe in what fr0sty is suggesting, I can't quite go there, not yet. I don't really see any change in the mentality, actually, it's gotten WORSE in with grand cinematic gestures promoting so many "of the features so many of you have been asking for." Yeah, uh huh, except ONE. Am I jaundiced? Yes, I'd say so, but I did not get there easily. Vegas is still a tool I choose, it's just not very fun to work with past a basic level, it boggs down too much. I'm not "hard to please." I'm just not stupid. I think "squeaky wheel" is what I aspire to.

vkmast wrote on 8/11/2022, 2:43 AM

@james-ollick have you tried another browser to download using that link? Chrome may not download without the workaround of copying the link text and pasting it to the browser.

Sheriff-adeyemi wrote on 8/11/2022, 8:48 AM

Any help please

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/gui-like-lag--136710/#ca854484

james-ollick wrote on 8/11/2022, 9:41 AM

@james-ollick have you tried another browser to download using that link? Chrome may not download without the workaround of copying the link text and pasting it to the browser.

@vkmast Thank you for the response. I was doing it through the file I downloaded from Magix after making my purchase. I tried a few more times it finally it went through and it downloaded in seconds! My Internet speed is 600 plus. I appreciate all this forum's members do for it's members. Thank you again.

Home built PC - Corsair case, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code motherboard, i9 9900k, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz,  Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB graphics card, Corsair 1000 watt power supply. Windows 11.

VP 21 BCC 2024 Boris FX Continuum Complete, Titler Pro v7. Various NewBlue effects.

iEmby wrote on 8/11/2022, 11:06 AM

@Kloverton

can u send a sample clip which is unusable for u but that is of same FPS resolution & same bitrates?

PROCESSOR

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (Always Updated)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 (20 CPUs), ~2.1GHz - 4.90GHz
Memory: 32GB RAM
Page File: 11134MB used, 7934MB Available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

-----------------------------------------------

MOTHERBOARD

ASUS PRIME H610-CS D4
Intel® H610 (LGA 1700)
Ready for 12th Gen Intel® Processors
Micro-ATX Motherboard with DDR4
Realtek 1 Gb Ethernet
PCH Heatsink
PCIe 4.0 | M.2 slot (32Gbps) 
HDMI® | D-Sub | USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
SATA 6 Gbps | COM header
LPT header | TPM header
Luminous Anti-Moisture Coating
5X Protection III
(Multiple Hardware Safeguards
For all-round protection)

EXTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD

INTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD (iGPU)

------------------------------------------------

LED - MONITOR

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP 22es
Monitor Id: HWP331B
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

STORAGE DRIVE

Drive: C:
Free Space: 182.3 GB
Total Space: 253.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WD Blue SN570 1TB (NVMe)

---------------O----------------

My System Info (PDF File).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-eoLmuXzshTRH_8RunAYAuNocKpiLoiV&usp=drive_fs

Also Check

VEGAS Scripts Collection By Me

GitHub Profile

My YouTube Channel Dedicated to Only VEGAS Pro Tutorials

EDITROOM : My YouTube Channel (For VEGAS Tutorials)

fr0sty wrote on 8/11/2022, 11:29 AM

Kloverton posted 2 samples in another thread, both of which I was able to edit just fine, and posted video of me doing so, along with several other users on this forum. It seems they expect to be able to do the same without proxies, which most systems will need in order to be able to edit 8k smoothly.

Well, about every single release Vegas P.R. /marketing boast "performance improvements" and there has been some over the last several iterations, though very incremental, and I read that this time around as well. It is THEIR words. So, I came to see what THAT verbage was suggesting, to see if it amounted to anything AT ALL.

Where in the VEGAS 20 release notes and promotion does it say "this version will have better performance at launch"? It doesn't. Anywhere.

Last changed by fr0sty on 8/11/2022, 11:30 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

DasFragezeichen wrote on 8/11/2022, 11:37 AM

360° Rendering not possible since Version 17! The result is a black screen without sound. Ticket to Magix Support is out. (Support confirmed the problem last year) That's so shameful. I'm sure, that it is a simple problem to fix.

Also no new cameras are supportet. Only some obsolete Noname products since Version 17 (oder 16?) but no most selled like Insta360 One-Products.

So in Result: No upgrade for me.

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-19-still-black-screen-if-360-rendering--131161/

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/360-render-bug-still-not-fixed--133737/

fr0sty wrote on 8/11/2022, 11:40 AM

If it's certainly such a simple problem to fix, why not fix it for them?

I kid... 360 video is a very small, niche market, so while I'm sure they want to get that fixed, there's other problems that are affecting a much larger number of users that must be addressed first. If 17 still works, stick with it, in the mean time. Hopefully it won't be too long, as I hope to get a 360 cam someday soon as well. I build 360 degree projection domes at music festivals, and having a camera already made to map out over a dome is a perfect fit. Dome timelapses would be fun.

Last changed by fr0sty on 8/11/2022, 11:42 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

DasFragezeichen wrote on 8/11/2022, 11:48 AM

It is not working in Version 17, 18, 19 and now 20. That's the problem. If I remember right 360° is possible since version 16, but I skiped this version, so I can't say If it is working in this version. I buyed Version 17 and since that the bug exist.

If the 360° feature is uninterested for Magix, they consequently should remove it.

fr0sty wrote on 8/11/2022, 11:54 AM

It isn't a matter of interest, just a matter of resources. They're a very small team working on this, so they have to prioritize bugfixes based on which bugs are affecting the most users. I'll bring it up to them if they don't see this already to remind them this issue needs attention.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

DasFragezeichen wrote on 8/11/2022, 11:59 AM

Is four years to short for waiting to fix a non working feature?

Do you need the Ticket number? I have both. The conversation with examples from last year and the new one (which refers to the other)

The only reason I don't kick Magix (Vegas) is, that I have a lot of buyed plugins for Magix like from proDad, BorisFX or NewBlue and yes: Real alternatives with a good workflow is not on the market, so I have to buy and learn from scratch.

fr0sty wrote on 8/11/2022, 12:11 PM

I can't confirm if it's a feature that doesn't work at all just for you, or for everyone... I'll test some 360 media later and see exactly how widespread the issue is, I haven't tried that mode yet at all, so I don't know.

4 years is a long time, I'll agree there, assuming the issue is widespread.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

DasFragezeichen wrote on 8/11/2022, 1:28 PM

Please let us know what you find out. What I say: The support had confirmed the bug.

bvideo wrote on 8/11/2022, 3:13 PM

I'm noticing a reduction in preview performance in V20 vs V19.643. The FPS is much lower, and the CPU and GPU utilization in task manager is lower. I duplicated as many of the preferences as I could by eyeball. Then when performance was still poor, I also tried exporting preferences from V19 and importing to V20. Still poor. Edit: this may be for a project that uses a lot of CG panel on every event (pan/cropped moving stills).

I've also now noticed many more instances of V20 left over in task manager. This happens routinely after just opening a project, playing back the first minute, stopping, then exiting. Re: the above performance observation, I've made sure all the leftover Vegas procs are gone from the task manager before running another performance test.

This is all on my I5 11400 w/ UHD 730 graphics. I've kept the graphics driver up to date, but Windows keeps reverting it back a ways. In case this old driver is causing a difference between V19 and V20, I'll try later on my other machine.

Last changed by bvideo on 8/11/2022, 3:45 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Dedicated: Vegas 19, 20, & 21, i7 8700k (UHD 630), 32 gig ram, ssd & 2 spinning units.

General purpose: i5 11400 (UHD 730), 32 gigs, ssd, 1 spinning unit (Vegas 20 & 21)

Howard-Vigorita wrote on 8/11/2022, 3:50 PM

@Kloverton

can u send a sample clip which is unusable for u but that is of same FPS resolution & same bitrates?

Her clip is here, in a thread I missed otherwise I would have tried to help then. Fwiw, I don't have the same gpu as @Kloverton. My high-end boards are Amd. But I threw the clip into Resolve Studio and got a bunch of stuttering between a barrage of gpu error messages. Resolve seems particularly confused by my 11900k which has Nvidia, Amd, and Intel in the same box. Vegas, otoh, has been golden with vp18 and 19 and seems to be good so far with the vp20 release.

karma17 wrote on 8/11/2022, 4:21 PM

No problems with V20 so far. Still putting through its paces.

fr0sty wrote on 8/11/2022, 4:33 PM

@Kloverton

Her clip is here, in a thread I missed otherwise I would have tried to help then. Fwiw, I don't have the same gpu as @Kloverton. My high-end boards are Amd. But I threw the clip into Resolve Studio and got a bunch of stuttering between a barrage of gpu error messages. Resolve seems particularly confused by my 11900k which has Nvidia, Amd, and Intel in the same box. Vegas, otoh, has been golden with vp18 and 19 and seems to be good so far with the vp20 release.

Resolve 18 (free) won't even open either of Kloverton's files on my system, just audio. VEGAS opens both just fine, and both play back just fine after making a proxy.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop: