I’ve been working with Vegas Pro for a very long time. I currently use Vegas pro 19 and I’m familiar with lots of features in the program. However, I don’t have in-depth knowledge of certain render settings and want someone to elaborate on them.
I currently use VBR 2-pass for all my videos because I was told that it provides the best rendering quality, but the rendering times are insane, and I want to switch to GPU rendering.
I’m interested in having these questions answered.
1. What is CBR, VBR 1-pass, and VBR 2-pass (I want this explained in-depth)
2. Which Intel Quicksync preset provides the best quality?
3. Which NV Encoder preset provides the best quality?
4. Do the NV Encoder provide better quality than Quicksync?
5. What is RC Mode?
6. What RC Mode with the NV Encoder provides the best quality
I use Windows 11
I work with Vegas Pro 19
CPU: 12th gen 12900h
RAM: 32-gb of DDR5 memory
GPU: RTX 3070 ti (150 watts)
8gb GDDR6 VRAM
Laptop: MSI GE66 Vector