Comments

Musicvid wrote on 4/28/2020, 1:44 PM

Anyone have a tech support email for Vegas Pro Support at Magix?

Yes, at the top of each and every forum page. It looks like this

Please read the following post thoroughly, and repeat to yourself ten times, "School is Out."

Welcome to the forum.

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/new-users-consult-the-tutorials-first-please--118014/

vkmast wrote on 4/28/2020, 2:00 PM

See also this link from Justin Case.

Mark-Wilkinson wrote on 4/28/2020, 2:13 PM

Gentlemen, I appreciate the help. However, I've repeatedly gone through the highly obvious SUPPORT button at the top of the page only to be taken to support responses to problems, none of which apply to my situation. And as far as I can tell there is no email link to reach support - thus my request for a tech support EMAIL.

And, I've repeatedly gone through the steps above to deactivate the plugin. after speaking with Boris FX support I've been instructed to contact a live person at Magix - this is why I wondered if anyone had an EMAIL link to request help.

But thanks for responding - appreciate it.

vkmast wrote on 4/28/2020, 2:23 PM

AFAIK, no Tech Support direct email address has been given. The advice from Support is this (from here)

"Click the FIND A SOLUTION button.
Click Technical problems / Errors.
Click the product you are using from the choices provided.
A list of answers for different issues will appear. 
If none of those address the issue click SEARCH FOR OTHER SOLUTIONS.
Type the issue you are experiencing into the search bar provided. 
Click FIND A SOLUTION.
Click SEND A SUPPORT REQUEST.
Type the description of the issue. 

Click CONTINUE.
Fill in the information requested on the next page and click SUBMIT SUPPORT REQUEST
."

Musicvid wrote on 4/28/2020, 2:32 PM

Please stop being ridiculous if you really want access to Support. I assume you know how to use your Scroll Button.

Follow the links, and you will be led to exactly the same place @vkmast directed you to:

From where you will be presented with this box:

Seem like too much to remember today?

The Direct Link to Support is also contained in the LINK I already gave you. I won't republish it again on basic Education principles. It will take the same amount of time to receive an answer; entitlements really don't work very well here.

I suspect our support requests are indeed being delivered by EMAIL, but that really doesn't need to concern you, because it is only direct contact you seek, in as many ways as one of us could know how.

We help those who help themselves. That is an iron-clad guarantee. I estimate you have now used over two hours of volunteer time for something we all figured out on our own. Hope you are doing better now.

j-v wrote on 4/28/2020, 2:33 PM

Click FIND A SOLUTION.

Click CONTINUE.
Fill in the information requested on the next page and click SUBMIT SUPPORT REQUEST
."

Something for a sticky on the Off-Topic forum under the title "Asking Support"?

Last changed by j-v on 4/28/2020, 2:36 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

met vriendelijke groet
Marten

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, DJI Osmo Pocket, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W11 home version 23H2, i7 9700 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti with driver
522.22 Studiodriver and Intel HD graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Laptop  :Asus ROG Str G712L, W11 home version 23H2, CPU i7-10875H, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Studiodriver 522.22 and Intel UHD Graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Vegas software: VP 10 to 21 and VMS(pl) 10,12 to 17.
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEM CELL DONOR!!! (because it saved my life in 2016)

john_dennis wrote on 4/28/2020, 2:36 PM

@Mark-Wilkinson

" I wondered if anyone had an EMAIL link to request help."

For the visual among us...

vkmast wrote on 4/28/2020, 5:28 PM

@john_dennis the link to your tutorial included in the "Ask Support" advice sticky on Offtopic. Thanks.

@j-v the sticky requested now on Offtopic.

@Musicvid's "Got Questions?" thread can now be found there as well.

fifonik wrote on 4/28/2020, 6:05 PM

I think this is ridiculous to have so complicated way to contact support.

Camcorder: Panasonic X1500 + Panasonic X920 + GoPro Hero 11 Black

Desktop: MB: MSI B450M MORTAR TITANIUM, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700X, RAM: G'Skill 16 GB DDR4@3200, Graphics card: MSI RX6600 8GB, SSD: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB (NVMe, OS), Samsung 870 Evo, HDD WD 4TB, HDD Toshiba 4TB, OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2

NLE: Vegas Pro [Edit] 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18, 19

Dexcon wrote on 4/28/2020, 6:45 PM

I think this is ridiculous to have so complicated way to contact support.

MAGIX is not alone here - so many companies these days (e.g. ISPs, phone companies, Cable TV, Norton, and so on and on and on) put their phone numbers and email addresses in the most obscure places on their web pages. It used to be that you could click on Contact Us and contact phone numbers and email addresses would be there, but very often now no longer. Contact Us is now commonly just a list of FAQs and community forums that in my experience rarely address the problem at hand. To find a phone number or email address means having to employ Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson in order to find those contact avenues which are secreted somewhere on the website no doubt in the hope that few will ever find them.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

Musicvid wrote on 4/28/2020, 7:48 PM

[Post removed by author]

Out of respect to those who have come here to learn and enrich their lives by undertaking a new hobby, I have removed my post, and I apologize almost unconditionally for the rant. I've had my "hamberger" moment, and it's time to greet a new day, thank the Muses for good health, and move along with the rest if the spaceship. School is out.

GABRIEL-CATALANALADREN wrote on 6/20/2021, 5:26 AM

Click FIND A SOLUTION.

Click CONTINUE.
."

Something for a sticky on the Off-Topic forum under the title "Asking Support"?

Sending new support request is not working for me. Tried in Chrome and Firefox.

jetdv wrote on 6/20/2021, 7:48 AM

Seems that if the issue is activating Sapphire that Boris would be the company to contact. Magix is not going to be able to help with the activation of a Boris product...